Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

Which Hero Class is the Best Bang for your Buck?
We all know Royal Guard is not this class but between Zweihander and Legionnaire what gets the most kills and what gets the most money while being the most fun class (out of the two)?
I know that the legionnaire is ok at throwing and great with one-handers making it fun to venture out of the cades and kill or to be able to slash, shield, throw, or heal well while the zweihander excels at slashing and can get a lot of kills that way while not being at as much of a risk as a legionnaire that ventures out past the shieldwall.

Also I would like to see opinions on specialized gear loadouts and costs (maybe try to keep it around or under 7-8 mill) for each class meaning just specialized gear that you would want when upgrading from a commando with Trans, Royal Shield and a Head Crusher to these classes.

Thank you for your time and leave your opinions below for one or both classes.
AFG

It entirely depends on your fighting style.  that will determine how much fun you have and how effective you are doing a classes specialty.

I can slash very well on my legionnaire if I want to,  However I have a lot more fun doing crazy fighting. 

As for gear for legionnaire.

VHTA's
VHTA's

That is the most cost efficient and space efficient thing a legionnaire can have.

Royal shield is just fine for legionnaire.  MAYBE try to trade for one of the housecrafted ones.

Swadian or defender gauntlets.  Most people forget about upgrading these.  But if you have trans and hourglass,  Striped and Swadian gauntlets are better armor.

Swadian helm.

and maybe a stone maul, depending on you budget.
Steam name:  Sargeant Q

(17-03-2015, 11:36 PM)Sargent Q link Wrote: It entirely depends on your fighting style.  that will determine how much fun you have and how effective you are doing a classes specialty.

I can slash very well on my legionnaire if I want to,  However I have a lot more fun doing crazy fighting. 

As for gear for legionnaire.

VHTA's
VHTA's

That is the most cost efficient and space efficient thing a legionnaire can have.

Royal shield is just fine for legionnaire.  MAYBE try to trade for one of the housecrafted ones.

Swadian or defender gauntlets.  Most people forget about upgrading these.  But if you have trans and hourglass,  Striped and Swadian gauntlets are better armor.

Swadian helm.

and maybe a stone maul, depending on you budget.
Thanks for the response Q, I am trying to get swadian gauntlets but haven't had any luck yet but as for VHTA, I don't know if I want to get them and to have skull pierce for my Pikeman as well or to only have VHTA all around. I do like the crazy fighting styles some of the legionnaires take on (you being the main example) but my main problem is the vhta because of what I said above

Edit: I worked out that problem that i stated above and have decided if i get the right gear and deal i will go legionniare but if you want to leave your opinions on the topic go ahead, i wont lock the topic for now
AFG

errr zwei and a stone maul is pretty OP. should have no problem topping the scoreboard on most maps on this build.

legionaire is fun aswell, but you'd have to work harder for your kills. 1h profficiency offers little to the team when behind the shield wall and the throwing skill isn't going to get you many kills either. zweihander on the other hand lets you get all that juicy gold from slashing and is a lot cheaper to equip effectively than the legionaire is.

i'm not saying legionaire is a bad class but if you want kills galore for under 7m then zwei is the way to go. legionaire becomes more effective once you have the gold to purchase some of the higher tier items such as dragon breath, illustrious, house craftable shields etc, but untill then the safe option is zwei.
Going Deep
Based on my Legio experience I agree much with Q. If number of kills is important for you then Legionnaire is probably not the right choice. Zwei get the kills. But Legionnaire is very versatile one and helps the team in any position that is required. With throwing ability, you also avoid the problems when there is many infantrymen in the team and you can't find anything to do with yourself except healing.

And yes, VHTA is certainly a 'must have' for Legionnaire even if aiming them is terrible comparing to CTS or Pilum. But at one purchase you get reasonable throwables, strong 1H and you can hold 45 of them + a shield. When it comes to the shield, I use Royal and with 3 of them I can comfortably shield all waves on hard.

And like Q mentioned, do never forget the most cost effective armor upgrade is with gauntlets.

Last thing to remind is that while there is a pretty nice and cheap Swadian Courage available for Legionnaire (one even can slash at cades with it if necessary, as it's 108 long), after recent changes Swadian Hope got buffed to 54c and while it's more expensive it has advantage of being more agile and while almost none was interested in it before, it will probably become popular now, so it will be easier to sell than Courage.
(18-03-2015, 12:20 PM)Bobo link Wrote: Based on my Legio experience I agree much with Q. If number of kills is important for you then Legionnaire is probably not the right choice. Zwei get the kills. But Legionnaire is very versatile one and helps the team in any position that is required. With throwing ability, you also avoid the problems when there is many infantrymen in the team and you can't find anything to do with yourself except healing.

And yes, VHTA is certainly a 'must have' for Legionnaire even if aiming them is terrible comparing to CTS or Pilum. But at one purchase you get reasonable throwables, strong 1H and you can hold 45 of them + a shield. When it comes to the shield, I use Royal and with 3 of them I can comfortably shield all waves on hard.

And like Q mentioned, do never forget the most cost effective armor upgrade is with gauntlets.

Last thing to remind is that while there is a pretty nice and cheap Swadian Courage available for Legionnaire (one even can slash at cades with it if necessary, as it's 108 long), after recent changes Swadian Hope got buffed to 54c and while it's more expensive it has advantage of being more agile and while almost none was interested in it before, it will probably become popular now, so it will be easier to sell than Courage.
I guess I am looking for a fun class that I won't get bored of but something that still gets a lot of kills so it is looking like legionnaire is the class for me right now (I am trying to get gauntlets but it's a bit hard atm)
AFG

Oh, yeah, Legionnaire is a whole lot of fun for sure and you don't get bored, being able and forced to assume different duties and suport the team in multiple ways. Especially after recent changes to ranged Nords AI that makes them hold away and wait for Swadians to come. Legio is probably best suited to lead such a raid against ranged enemies (covering with shield while approaching and devastating them with 1H in close quaters) Smile
(18-03-2015, 12:20 PM)Bobo link Wrote: Based on my Legio experience I agree much with Q. If number of kills is important for you then Legionnaire is probably not the right choice. Zwei get the kills. But Legionnaire is very versatile one and helps the team in any position that is required. With throwing ability, you also avoid the problems when there is many infantrymen in the team and you can't find anything to do with yourself except healing.

I'd have to argue this.  I play Legionnaire and typically find myself outscoring Zweihanders (usually by quite a bit).  I usually don't throw at all, just slash with a 2h then move out with 1h and shield.  Personal skill and preference mean a lot more than the slight stat differences between classes.  In the end, go with what you will have the most fun with.  No one on the forums can really tell you what you have fun doing, so this is really a decision you need to be making on your own.
(18-03-2015, 10:47 PM)Tsukiyomi link Wrote: [quote author=Bobo link=topic=41597.msg225551#msg225551 date=1426681217]
Based on my Legio experience I agree much with Q. If number of kills is important for you then Legionnaire is probably not the right choice. Zwei get the kills. But Legionnaire is very versatile one and helps the team in any position that is required. With throwing ability, you also avoid the problems when there is many infantrymen in the team and you can't find anything to do with yourself except healing.

I'd have to argue this.  I play Legionnaire and typically find myself outscoring Zweihanders (usually by quite a bit).  I usually don't throw at all, just slash with a 2h then move out with 1h and shield.  Personal skill and preference mean a lot more than the slight stat differences between classes.  In the end, go with what you will have the most fun with.  No one on the forums can really tell you what you have fun doing, so this is really a decision you need to be making on your own.
[/quote]

From some one that has/uses both im sorry but Zwi dose the job a lot better in a hard/rag run but in a normal/hard when you can take some hit and there are heals! then the full power of leg is shown Tongue but not to get me wrong but how much armor do you have Tsukiyomi most people dont even have over 80 (trans70-plate8) so maybe on low cost Zwi is better as weapons you can pick up armor not so much but then again (Trans-1.6m) and (Defender Gauntlets-1.5m)then (Dragon Kite Shield-3m)(Royal Shield-1.8m)but for a 1h if you are like me and being able to use it on the Zwi is a must the
the new Swadian Hope(1.5m) it not bad or maybe a Head Crusher(1m) or Da(1.7m)but if that no promlem like Q said Vtha are very good 55c not to short as well and about (2m)or could go for Swadian Courage(1.4m)but to tell the true a Steel Cutter/Vengeance is all you need for all of normal and most of hard

|Steam| |Some Shop| |VLKA Recruitment| |Legendary Stats|Legendary Item Thread|                                                                                            
The armor I have really does not change the damage I do... I'm not sure why you think having higher armor makes you do more damage but it's simply not the case.  I still outscore zweihanders.  This was true when I was wearing the "standard" commando gear (don't even want to touch on the gear the players I'm comparing myself to... suffice to say their gear was a lot better than mine).  This trend continues to be true.  If you'd like to compare the gear being used  ( I'm sure this is your next argument) yes, I do use the Volundr Great Sword.  Oh man that must be why.. oh wait... I drop them for all the other players on the team.  If you'd like to continue saying that I'm wrong I will keep arguing with you all day.  In the end, Mr.Killer is looking for advice on which of the two classes to go.  You pointing out my gear really does not offer anything constructive to the discussion.  People have already stated their opinions on the stats/gear countless times in these stupid threads.  Honestly if you can't figure out which you'd like better from looking at the stats on your own none of these responses will mean a thing.  In the end this decision needs to be made by the individual.  I'll restate since you clearly didn't actually read what I wrote (although you took the time to quote it) - Personal skill and preference mean far more when it comes to the scoreboard than the minimal differences in stats between classes.  Honestly I'd like to never see one of these threads again.  For anyone in the future wondering "what hero should I go??"  PLEASE use the search function and you will find numerous threads that look exactly like the one you are about to write.  http://forum.nordinvasion.com/index.php?...946.0.html  this thread is designed for this exact reason.  Use it.