Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

VHTA?
VHTA - PROS:have a nice dip easy to throw over walls good on maps like offshore and ancient bastion, very good on waves with no shields or if you can get on a side and hit them where there is no shields CONS: is complete garbage against shielded enemies

Pilum- PROS: fly fast and flat good on maps where range is needed like praven and kings castleyard CONS: not as good for throwing over objects because of the flat firing arc

CTS- PROS: cheap, have a nice dip for throwing over objects CONS:get out ranged by pilum

Skullpierce: havent owned them wont comment

my personal preference is  CTS because i prefer the arc+shield pierce all are good in there own ways use them and see which performs good for you

The next step up is dragon breath and they have sold for 20-25 mil this year so start saving lol
lvl52 RED_ThrowingFitz
lvl52 RED_Fitz

Dragon axe 3/21/2015
Deadshot 3/30/2015

the eagle isnt for sale unless somehow i end up with penetrator+onyx so dont bother pming
(23-03-2015, 11:48 AM)Bobo link Wrote: Pilum travel faster and aim a bit better while more drop on CTS proves helpful when you throw over shielders or obstacle.
Thats wrong, I testet it, CTs have better aim at Server your circle is closer with CTS as with pilums.
I preffer CTS becuz you havnt that much ammo as piki, so 1dmg is better then 1 spr.
The point is, that Skullpiercers,DBs,VHTA,Ruptures keep Thier way, and dont go down that fast, like CTS and Pilums do, these both are shitt for range.

(23-03-2015, 09:04 PM)Lothar link Wrote: [quote author=Bobo link=topic=41757.msg226062#msg226062 date=1427111287]
Pilum travel faster and aim a bit better while more drop on CTS proves helpful when you throw over shielders or obstacle.
Thats wrong, I testet it, CTs have better aim at Server your circle is closer with CTS as with pilums.
I preffer CTS becuz you havnt that much ammo as piki, so 1dmg is better then 1 spr.
The point is, that Skullpiercers,DBs,VHTA,Ruptures keep Thier way, and dont go down that fast, like CTS and Pilums do, these both are shitt for range.
[/quote]

[Image: 6Qeabfm.jpg]
(23-03-2015, 09:04 PM)Lothar link Wrote: [quote author=Bobo link=topic=41757.msg226062#msg226062 date=1427111287]
Pilum travel faster and aim a bit better while more drop on CTS proves helpful when you throw over shielders or obstacle.
[/quote]

(23-03-2015, 09:01 PM)Xevecx1 link Wrote: VHTA - PROS:have a nice dip easy to throw over walls good on maps like offshore and ancient bastion, very good on waves with no shields or if you can get on a side and hit them where there is no shields CONS: is complete garbage against shielded enemies

Pilum- PROS: fly fast and flat good on maps where range is needed like praven and kings castleyard CONS: not as good for throwing over objects because of the flat firing arc

CTS- PROS: cheap, have a nice dip for throwing over objects CONS:get out ranged by pilum

Skullpierce: havent owned them wont comment

my personal preference is  CTS because i prefer the arc+shield pierce all are good in there own ways use them and see which performs good for you

The next step up is dragon breath and they have sold for 20-25 mil this year so start saving lol

As Xevecx confirms, Pilums are lighter and fly faster so the drop is much less than for CTS. They also have better aim (not a huge difference, but there is, mostly because of much less elevation correction) so they are better at further distances while CTS with more drop have advantage when one throws over an obstacle. And this is the difference that counts. I see no practical difference in speed rating or damage.

The stats are:
CTS:
Weight 5
Spd Rtng 84
Thrust Damage 54
Max Ammo 14
Shoot Speed 21
Accuracy 118

Pilum:
Weight 3
Spd Rtng 85
Thrust Damage 53
Max Ammo 14
Shoot Speed 25
Accuracy 120
Is there a significant bonus from the speed bonus on impact for the pilum compared to the cts that anyone has noticed?
#20108       SK_Iron_Marauder ;  Previously SK_Iron, SK_Ironhill, SB_Ironhill, Swadius_of_Ironhills
#2462148    SK_Mica ; Previously Fat_and_Ugly
#2441007    SK_Royal_Guard_Gneiss ; Previously SK_Herr_Gneiss_Preasts
#2451456    SK_Hardy_Meat_Piston
#2432942    Raicho
#2514714    Ric_Flair

(24-03-2015, 10:39 AM)Swadius link Wrote: Is there a significant bonus from the speed bonus on impact for the pilum compared to the cts that anyone has noticed?

Owning and using both Pilum and CTS I must say I see no difference in power. Those bots that die with 1 hit, die with 1 hit from both, those who need 2, need 2 from both... Same with shields breaking. Pilum travel faster a bit but are lighter (5 vs 3). So the speed improves aiming (since one needs less ahead and overhead pointing) but I cannot see any impact on damage.