Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

[Suggestion // It's a long read] New class requirements (Tier 3)
What would be a better way of doing it then
(20-12-2011, 11:38 PM)Kwal link Wrote: What would be a better way of doing it then

An option has been repeated several times in the original post.
(20-12-2011, 11:38 PM)Kwal link Wrote: What would be a better way of doing it then

keeping in mind the AI's behavior when facing large horses an armoured horse effectively becomes an extension of the rider's health bar.

well..
1. make all horse hp relatively the same so that there isnt such an exponential effect on horse price vs horse durability. Currently the health and armour of horses both raise on a horse creating a ten fold stronger horse where as (150 hp and 45 armor is like killing 4.5 fully equiped heavy infantrys) 
Also fixes the logic flaw that warhorses have a 200% thicker hide than without their armour than that of light horses.

2. Remove the go-kart feel from heavy cav by reducing it's acceleration actually giving ai a fighting chance to kill a stalled charger's rider or his horse before it just herpderps away again

much better than the purposed making high tier cav into the "cool kidz club" by making it neigh impossible to get into
Hmm I'll agree with you here, that would even improve realism (lol) Smile
And still the steppe charger dies pretty fast, the speed bonus also works against me :F
Sadly, until hardmode it will be a very long grinding process.  Your best bet is to find a populated server and leech a bit of exp from the huge amount of spawns.  I have been through that process also where my friends completely out leveled me.  Also my first roughly 40k mount XP was when the multiplier was at 0.2x so even 0.3x seems fast.  If you make it to level 32, join some populated hard mode servers and a good run can get you around 40k XP in a few hours.  Keep in mind however that once you are a knight class, you are basically a solo machine and can get very far in hard mode.  But for that you will have to work for it Tongue
Count yourself lucky you didn't have to grind to knight with only normal mode and 0.2x Tongue
Nothing is impossible, it's just a matter of determination and probability.

2nd Knight forever!

No longer active.
This is a old and outdated thread. Cavalry has had both exp requirements lowered and the multiplier increased since then.