Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

Another Community Outreach Message
Hello NI community!

It has been a while since we have had to make one of these messages (over a year, actually) but it is time to once again ask for more support for the cost of our servers.  In a change from previous requests, we are listing the monthly costs for each region with an approximate conversion to the local currency.

Europe  50 EUR  ~36 GBP  One dedicated server  Last month's donations: ~12 EUR  Current donations: 300 EUR
North America  53 EUR  ~56 USD  One dedicated server  Last month's donations: ~8 EUR  Current donations: 20 EUR
Australia  38 EUR  ~52 AUD  Two game servers  Last month's donations: ~5 EUR  Current donations: 0 EUR

The Australian servers in particular are quite expensive.  Unlike the EU and NA servers, we have to pay for each individual game server.  (This is why there are currently only two.)  Unfortunately, donations for the AU servers only cover a fraction of the cost (about 5 EUR per month).  If we do not see an increase from that area (or an overall surplus), we might be forced to drop one or both AU servers.

The other two regions are also in need of more donations.  We are currently receiving about 20 EUR per month for them combined.  Because they are dedicated servers, it does not cost us more to run more game servers on them - the only limitation is the hardware of the server.  This also means we cannot reduce costs by dropping game servers in those regions.

In brighter news, we have some great ideas in the pipeline for the next patch and are looking forward to how they will affect game progression from lower to upper levels.  I don’t want to say anything specific quite yet but these changes will make the game more inviting for new members and introduce some fun ideas for existing members too!

In closing, NI has survived a number of years now with the support of our great community.  It has provided countless hours of enjoyment and with your help, will continue to do so.  Any assistance will be greatly appreciated!

Thank you,
The NordInvasion Team

PS: The donation page can be found by clicking the "Help NI" link on our homepage (or by clicking here).

Edit: Added running total of donations as of April 20th
CC_Warden_Kip | CC_Sentinel_Kip | CC_Guard_Kip | CC_Zweihander_Kip | CC_Marksman_Kip | CC_Pavise_Kip | CC_Peltast_Kip | CC_Marauder_Kip | others...
I assume these costs per year? I'll definitely be donating, hundreds of hours of fun because of your hard work it's a no brainer!
(13-04-2015, 11:40 AM)SmokeyKratos link Wrote: I assume these costs per year? I'll definitely be donating, hundreds of hours of fun because of your hard work it's a no brainer!

Those costs are actually monthly.  I've updated the first post to clarify that.  Any donation will be greatly appreciated!
CC_Warden_Kip | CC_Sentinel_Kip | CC_Guard_Kip | CC_Zweihander_Kip | CC_Marksman_Kip | CC_Pavise_Kip | CC_Peltast_Kip | CC_Marauder_Kip | others...
(13-04-2015, 11:58 AM)Kip link Wrote: [quote author=SmokeyKratos link=topic=42512.msg228108#msg228108 date=1428925208]
I assume these costs per year? I'll definitely be donating, hundreds of hours of fun because of your hard work it's a no brainer!

Those costs are actually monthly.  I've updated the first post to clarify that.  Any donation will be greatly appreciated!
[/quote]

I know you don't want to give donators any advantage in game. But maybe some more donator events or stuff like that would be awesome. Or a donator server. I think more people would donate if donators have no real advantage above other players but have some features like we already have our free respec that makes donating more intresting. I will think about donating again, don't want this mod to die! I also hope for the new mount and blade banngelord to be released soon, this mod maybe to get moved and more new players to join our game! That would be awesome!
Loots:
?.?.12 - Wormbane
4.6.18 - Penetrator

[Image: 76561198058198743.png]
(13-04-2015, 06:08 PM)Jalau link Wrote: [quote author=Kip link=topic=42512.msg228109#msg228109 date=1428926295]
[quote author=SmokeyKratos link=topic=42512.msg228108#msg228108 date=1428925208]

[/quote]

I know you don't want to give donators any advantage in game. But maybe some more donator events or stuff like that would be awesome. Or a donator server. I think more people would donate if donators have no real advantage above other players but have some features like we already have our free respec that makes donating more intresting. I will think about donating again, don't want this mod to die! I also hope for the new mount and blade banngerguard to be released soon, this mod maybe to get moved and more new players to join our game! That would be awesome!
[/quote]
Does Mount & Blade: Banngerguard come before or after Mount & Blade: Bannerlord?  Wink
I don't know what you don't want me to say, but I'll say it anyway
(13-04-2015, 07:49 PM)Deerpig link Wrote: [quote author=Jalau link=topic=42512.msg228141#msg228141 date=1428948523]
[quote author=Kip link=topic=42512.msg228109#msg228109 date=1428926295]
[quote author=SmokeyKratos link=topic=42512.msg228108#msg228108 date=1428925208]

[/quote]

I know you don't want to give donators any advantage in game. But maybe some more donator events or stuff like that would be awesome. Or a donator server. I think more people would donate if donators have no real advantage above other players but have some features like we already have our free respec that makes donating more intresting. I will think about donating again, don't want this mod to die! I also hope for the new mount and blade banngerguard to be released soon, this mod maybe to get moved and more new players to join our game! That would be awesome!
[/quote]
Does Mount & Blade: Banngerguard come before or after Mount & Blade: Bannerlord?  Wink
[/quote]

Oh sorry will edit this. Always remember the name wrong :/
Loots:
?.?.12 - Wormbane
4.6.18 - Penetrator

[Image: 76561198058198743.png]
Agree with you. Does NI team planned to moved to Bannerlord when it will be realised ?
NI maps (The forgotten bay Nordic Fortress / Frosthaven / Medieval fields / River's conflict / Swadian Mines )
I personally look forward to the release of Bannerlord and do expect us to carry over NordInvasion to its new modding system (I hope it lives up to expectations).

We have hosted a few donator events in the past.  Perhaps we can bring them back some time in the future.  I can't promise anything now, though.

Thank you to those who have donated so far!
I would like to donate. I've tried but somehow paypal dont want to accept my card. I can't even create an account. No idea why...
07/04/15 - Fiendish Bow
05/11/15 - Dragon Breath
23/01/16 - Swadia's Wrath
Thank you all for your continued support. I've been pretty much paying it all myself the last few months so the support is welcomed!!

I appreciate I have been absent for a while but I promise that things are continuing behind the scenes. We too are awaiting the release of Bannerlord eagerly. Hopefully I'll find some time in my life to get as far as turning my computer on soon...
Give a man a fish, and you have fed him for a day. Teach him how to fish, and he will continue fishing even if you give him a fish.
- Fingus