Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

Order of The Dragon
Add me on steam and we'll have a chat mate.

goku3144
Legendary Drops:
Eastern Katana - December 2012
Legacy - April 2014
Pike of Kings - June 2014
Stag Bow -June 2014
Rupturers - June 2014
Durandel - August 2014
Ancient Greatsword - August 2014
Valsgarde Helmet - September 2014
Penetrator - April 2015
Mnominor - April 2015
Volundr Greatsword - April 2015
After tonight's performance on IRC you are very close to having a suspension from House Events. If it wasn't for Slayer being online then you would be on the shit list. Please remember that the setting up of events takes up the time of the admin team and that we only have designated EU event servers. If you would like a US event then it heavily relies on politeness and a bit of common courtesy.
Give a man a fish, and you have fed him for a day. Teach him how to fish, and he will continue fishing even if you give him a fish.
- Fingus
Let's start at the beginning. What is your problem? That you hate OTD is obvious, but why? I remember you on Swadian Outskirts, while everyone was up the hill at the cades and you were running around all by yourself over and over again, and none of the red shirts were getting any xp because of you. We were all expected to stand there and be impressed by your awesomeness and be happy with that. And they were all doing the right thing, working as a team and sticking tight together, and they were being penalised for that in the currency of boredom and nil xp. And when I had the temerity to speak up on their behalf and suggest that ' a dev should be more responsible' I was kicked from that game. No rules were broken in that statement. There was no swearing, no abuse, just the truth.

We come to two weeks ago, your obvious m8y m8 Irish Eagle that you go so out of your way to protect sets up 2 events for OTD who unknowingly assume that they can have events on EU servers for 12 hours because no one has told us any different, and everything was going fine until the server crashed a couple of hours into the event and everyone was too tired at that moment to keep going so we took a break, some to get a nap, because hey, we're a global clan and some of us are up after midnight to try and show clan solidarity. When we come online in the morning, guess what? you guessed it, the event is up, and we assume that the server has righted itself. We do not for one second countenance the idea that our second event has been hosted a full 13 hours ahead of schedule and that we are supposed to look at it in the server list, empty all day until second event time comes around, no. we assume the more reasonable assumption, that last nights server has come good but the password, for what ever reason just does not work any more. So, we contact an admin to sort the problem, and all is fine, we can have fun. Until, all of a sudden, irish eagle crashes through our fun with 'what are you doing here?' to which I reply 'enjoying our event'. He then states that this event has been set up for tonight and dumps us from the server without any further communication until he posts 'we are not amused' in this very topic.

We come to the weekend just concluded, and another event. Here is the application for that event.

Name of House: Order of The Dragon
Date/Time of when you would like to play (please use GMT): 14:00 GMT 23th Feb (Saturday)
The NI server region that you wish to use (NA/EU/AU): NA
Date/Time of when you would like to play (please use GMT): 02:00 GMT 24th Feb (Sunday)
The NI server region that you wish to use (NA/EU/AU): NA
Server Name: OTD event
Server Mode: Normal / Hard : Normal (For both)
Password locked server: Y/N : Y
Password if Yes: xxxxx
The map you would like to start on: Hande's Retreat (For both)
Other maps in play order: Hande's Retreat Repeated 10000 x (For both)
Any other considerations: Teamspeak etc : N/A

The response to this application was

Your Events has been scheduled as requested.

Please query me  on irc about an hour before the Event to ensure all is correct and ready to play. (or another Admin if I do not answer within 30 mins)

For the Event at 02:00 hrs gmt I will set it up before I go to bed.

Regards

TIE

#Note; no where in that application is there a lack of "politeness and a bit of common courtesy."
##Also note; That in the return correspondence from irish eagle he has said nothing to let us know that he can not host our event on an NA server, he just goes ahead and hosts it on an EU server of his own volition.

The first event was very disappointingly hosted on an EU server. I say disappointingly because we had our hearts set on NA and only our AU and NA members were expected to attend although all of our members were welcome if they could bring themselves to be online at that time.

We did not even seek to remedy this insult, we pushed on, our grievances not withstanding. Logged into the game and quickly gave up and went to a non event NA server as our pings were just too high to enjoy the event server.
The next day was the second event set to accommodate the other half of the clan and guess what? You guessed it! It was not only hosted on an EU server but it was also hosted on hard, this despite our application to the contrary. So, having established that irish eagle is in fact going out of his way to needle us, I presented myself at IRC to put forward OTD's case, and here is how it goes.

[Image: 2013022400004a.jpg]
Hypernoma seems to be laboring under the misnomer Wink that I am actually there foremost to get the event fixed. It does not occur to him that maybe our appetite for an event has been utterly destroyed by this stage and that all we want is our feelings about the whole situation reported, recognized and understood.

As my appearance at the IRC was after the event, you coming here and posting to the effect that it would have been done right if we had displayed "politeness and a bit of common courtesy." fails to take into consideration that the application is perfectly in order and formatted on your own template and that irish eagles actions were performed before I was forced to make an appearance at your IRC and therefore were independent of anything that may or may not have transpired there.

What I have stated above is only the dispassionate truth. No bow's and ribbons to make it more palatable, just the truth, free of invective, free of personal insults, free of vitriolic expression. I have sacked staff members for less than what irish eagle has done. John X for instance, was a staff member of mine, he was inept, he brought into my company less than what he took out. He was a nice enough guy, he was not a liar, and I still like him to this day, but the fact is he was inept, and the business was unwilling to support his ineptitude and thus he was shown the door. So I know that my statement is based in fact and not just rhetoric or hyperbole.

What you must understand Mr hypernoma, is that you do not impress me. I know truly impressive people. I know nurses that have devoted their lives to saving peoples lives, and even more impressively, making them comfortable with death so that they may rest in peace when death is unavoidable. You are just a game maker...... correction, tweeker of Taleworld's work. I suggest that you start behaving as a fellow human being and start dealing with issues as they arise and not as a petulant god, kicking and banning people on a whim, just because you can't close your eyes and stick your fingers in your ears and go LALALALALA over the internet.

You sir, can objectively use this post as a bathroom mirror and have a look at yourself, or you can block it and watch your venture with NI go down the gurgler, which it surly will if you do not sit up and take notice. Here's cheers to you sir Smile
And finally in closing this massage, my personal thoughts http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MMzd40i8TfA
'Lo there
do I see my father
'Lo there do I see
my mother and my sisters
and my brothers.
'Lo there do I see
the line of my people,
back to the beginning.
'Lo they do call to me.
They bid me
take my place amongst them.
In the halls of Valhalla,
where the brave
may live...
forever.
Norse battle chant
(07-03-2013, 11:05 AM)Plantagenet link Wrote: ...
Dear, dear, dear... Amazing that you are so bothered by this. Lets go through this then, shall we?

Firstly, I do not hate OTD. I do not hate any house, nor hate any player. Are there members in OTD that are a pain, of course! Are there members in many houses that are annoying, again, of course. I think you'll find that some players were down playing with me and were on TS with me, and like me, were a little bored of always hiding behind a shieldwall. As to you being kicked from the game, you did not just say "a dev should be more responsible" and that is one of the reasons you were kicked. Another reason I kicked you is because you are one of the most reported players in this game, rubbing players up the wrong way continuously. At my time of writing you have 53 player reports. You are also commonly reported in chat and pm. When you are as abrasive as you are, you will be punished.

Issue number two; your events. See this issue rests on a fatal flaw on your part; an assumption. You requested a time slot and that was greed. Why on earth would you assume that you could start your event early? If we're going down the road of throwing in clips from youtube,  here's my contribution to you.

Time to have a look at the very clearly stated rules for house events

(21-01-2013, 02:10 PM)Hypernoma link Wrote:Rules for events
  • Understand, that due to the fact that we are trusting server space to your house. The reputation of the host will be harmed if glitching/exploiting occurs during events and that this will have an impact on your ability to ask for servers in the future.
  • The server is not booked until you receive conformation from an admin with the server password. If you do not receive confirmation for your event please send a message to another of the admins in the above list for your region.
  • Server space is allocated based on availability.
  • Remember to check that event server is running latest version of map.
  • Events are limited to 3 hours. Do not request weekend-long servers. It is not fair to other players or houses that would also like to host events.
  • Permission can be sought for an extension above the 3 hour limit. This will be judged on a subjective basis. Houses that cannot be trusted will not be allowed extended events.
  • You can have only two events in a week.
  • Requests must be submitted at least one day in advance
  • Don't send requests to Hypernoma. They will not be accepted

I have made the relevant part of the rules a little larger here to draw your attention to it. Events are limited to 3 hours. Therefore to labour under an "assumption" that a 12 hour event is acceptable just proves to me that you chose not to read the rules. Almost every other house that has wanted to start an event early manages to come onto IRC and ask, why couldn't this house? As for a request for NA server, that is easily an oversight on Irish's part. Most events are on EU servers as we have dedicated event servers on that box. NA events have always required special permission. Irish was relatively new in the job and it is not there that I find issue with the manner in which OTD conducted themselves. It was on IRC that you managed to earn my previous post on this thread.

Let's continue that IRC log and see what another OTD member has to say
[Image: 2dwCu]
So here we have another OTD member rationally and politely working out how to set up US events, and then agreeing that certain members of the aussie community are a tad rude. He also wants to make clear that not all the members of OTD are the same. I wonder why?

Now you appear to be labouring under the "misnomer" that my posting here was due to impoliteness in your application request. It does not occur to you that maybe my appetite for dealing with players you come onto IRC and accuse players of "lying" and of negligence, incompetence and ineptitude is somewhat diminished at 1am? It does not occur to you that my posting in this thread was due to that little outburst on IRC; nothing more, nothing less? All I wanted was my feelings about the whole situation reported, recognized and understood.

To explore your rambling explosion further, Irish is not employed by me. No member of the admin team is employed by me and I do not rely on them to make more money than they cost me. What I expect of any admin is for them to do their best in helping out with this mod, giving of their free time when and how they are able. If a mistake is made then we deal with it and move on. If a mistake is made over a normal or hard mode server, no one is going to lose their position. If I decided to get rid of every player after they make one mistake (and I refer back to you being one of the most reported players in NI), then I would have got rid of you long ago, yet here you are.

Here we get to another point where you appear me labouring under an assumption in that I seek to impress you. You honestly think my self-worth hinges on whether or not I impress you? I'm so happy that you have met people in your life that do impress you. I have to. However, I am not setting out to make people comfortable with death and deal with the end of their lives in comfort... I am quite simply running a mod for warband... I do this of my own volition and of my own free time. I do this not seeking praise from the masses, but simply to provide a bit of fun for gamers. Do I view myself as a god? Great joke there. I view myself as a regular human being who devotes much of his free time and money to working on a game that I enjoy, despite often receiving little praise in return. As long as one player says that he or she is having great fun with NI, I'll continue running it. If you actually spent any time on IRC and came to me with a problem you would know that I sit down and do my damndest to help any player that comes to me with a problem. No player is banned without good cause and the evidence conclusive. If a player feels they are been banned for the wrong reason, they have never been estopped from making their case clear.

I will take this opportunity to make clear to all players why I will so often have a short temper when it comes to impoliteness. As I have stated, the dev team give of their own time to work on NI, as the game admins give of their time to help you on the servers. Members of the dev team also bear the brunt of the financial burder of running NI, but we're fine with that because we enjoy what we do. However, as I am sure you are all aware, all players would like to see something new in NI. Therefore we very often receive requests for features, but also often receive demands. We encounter rudeness on servers and we encounter it here in the forum. We give a lot to you and often receive naught but demands in return. If a certain ex-head developer had had his way when he got tired of the crap he encountered from players, NI would not exist any more. I fought to keep NI running and for the most part, have never regretted my decision. If you then log onto IRC at 1am and be impolite, have a bad reputation and have shown little regard for our rules you really should not be surprised by what happens.

It amazes me how often players get this worked up over a game. If I am simply a "tweeker of Taleworld's work" and not worthy of respect, what possessed you to make this rage post? I try not to air players' dirty laundry in public as I do want to try and leave a little of their integrity intact so I suggest that if you want to continue accusing me of being a petulant god, you come speak to me in private. Oh and as to NI going down the gurgler, the community has been growing again so... I guess I'll look forward to having fun with them and not you  ;D

This tirade of yours might bother me if you were actually a player that I respect, but you are not. You have never done anything worthy of any player's respect in this game so I suggest you go back to being the grumpy old man on servers that you have continuously proven yourself to be.

Oh, and LALALALALALA.

Love,

Hypernoma
Give a man a fish, and you have fed him for a day. Teach him how to fish, and he will continue fishing even if you give him a fish.
- Fingus
(07-03-2013, 11:05 AM)Plantagenet link Wrote:You are just a game maker...... correction, tweeker of Taleworld's work.

For future reference, this right here, is why people don't like dealing with you.
evening all.

may i start off on the right foot by stating im a grown adult with a wife and son who has been playing games with OTD at leisure since 2004, and who has known plantagenet since before that! in all this time few have questioned OTD as a clan and even fewer have questioned our great leader plantagenet. we began as a total war clan and have expanded into new arenas including M&B.

im the kinda guy who will weigh up the arguement before stepping in, im british and proud and like to see the facts first. this will be a short post but i can return with an essay if i feel obliged, and i doubt thats required here.

so plant asks rookie irish eagle (the leader of UK CLAN? i only know eskimo as a friend who can vouche for my character.) to set up a server...for OTD who unknowingly assume that they can have events on EU servers for 12 hours because no one has told us any different.

then the server crashed after a few hours, notably coinciding with your rules of 3 hours max. thats fine thats the rules. OTD wasnt informed.
however when a night has passed and plant awakens to the next '3 hour server window' he is met with... irish eagle crashes through our fun with 'what are you doing here?' to which I reply 'enjoying our event'. He then states that this event has been set up for tonight and dumps us from the server without any further communication until he posts 'we are not amused' in this very topic.

and here is where i must step in and defend plant's use of words. as i said we are a total war clan based on teamwork and respect for others, and a shieldwall is second-nature to OTD and many more. if plant witnessed someone going rambo he is obliged to comment, but certainly not in a malicious way.

furthermore OTD was mis-informed about EU only servers, and that, plus the 'hard' setting were his reasons for informing you on IRC.

ill leave it there for now, im one of the OTD admin (slayer is not, but he is very active on nord) and look forward to this being resolved maturely.

hugs and kisses

sarm
lol I knew that you would do the LALALALA  thing in the end.
As for the "assumption" that was based on a conversation with an admin who told me after I had asked if we could have an event on and AU server for 12 hours, that if I wanted an event for 12 hours that I would have to make my application for an EU server, as NA and AU don't have enough servers to designate servers to be tied up for that long. That conversation was after our very first event that just happened to be hosted on an EU server and did last 12 hours. I would think that, based on that evidence that it is not out of order to assume that events can run on EU servers for as long as 12 hours. And furthermore, I am under no obligation to pay this forum a visit, or your irc. My non game spare time is completely consumed by OTD's own forum and I don't have the inclination to divide that further. So thank you for setting me straight on the rules of events.
As for the reports on me and my so called abrasiveness. That is a separate issue. Just for the record I am not bothered if people do not like me because I ruffle their feathers or rub them up the wrong way. So be it. I do what I do in the interests of making people consider what they do, instead of their mindless plowing ahead doing stupid shit causing disruption to others. If as a director of my own company I had to namby-pamby around people worried about them liking me then nothing would ever have got done. All my time would have been wasted trying to butter people up. I have no malice in me. I am not there to cause upset and then revel or enjoy that upset. Quite the opposite. I just want people to consider others. So I know that my heart is in the right place. That I am dealing predominantly with children that require a bit of a shake-up from time to time I understand. If that causes some of them to despise me for being the messenger then I am fine with that. Hey, I'm a father and a grandfather, I know how it is to be despised for reproof, every parent who is any kind of parent at all also knows. And the thing is that an adult with any kind of healthy understanding of the situation at all, can have a quiet smile to themselves about it.
And lastly
Quote:This tirade of yours
Very interesting that you have assumed that this is a tirade, or indeed labelled it as one.
tirade =  A long angry or violent speech, usually of a censorious or denunciatory nature; a diatribe.
[French, from Old French, act of firing, from tirer, to draw out, endure, probably back-formation from martirant, present participle of martirer, to torture (influenced by mar, to one's misfortune, and tiranz, executioner, tyrant), from martir, martyr, from Late Latin martyr; see martyr.]
My post may have been a bit long but there was no 'anger or violence' in it. Just a post trying to sort out a few problems confined to the dispassionate truth. O and btw still nothing has been done about my striped armour, funny that. O and btw I was on irc almost non stop for a full week during which time nothing was said to me unless i injected myself into a conversation. O and btw, at Swadian Outskirts, you were all alone. I have witnesses. There was no one benefiting other than you, from your most impressive display. During the first 4 rounds they were there with you, yes. But, as round 6 drew closer we knew that they would all be wiped-out by beserkers or what-not and if so we would probably not make the skirms because of our depleted numbers (you have to understand that most of us were at a stage where we could even get whacked by intruders (something that you could not even fathom i'm sure) so it is harsh to say "hiding behind a shieldwall.") so we sent out a call to get everybody up to the cades, and all came in the end bar you, and we stood there while you solo'd.  but there you go, funny how time flies. cya.
'Lo there
do I see my father
'Lo there do I see
my mother and my sisters
and my brothers.
'Lo there do I see
the line of my people,
back to the beginning.
'Lo they do call to me.
They bid me
take my place amongst them.
In the halls of Valhalla,
where the brave
may live...
forever.
Norse battle chant
(08-03-2013, 06:41 AM)Plantagenet link Wrote: And furthermore, I am under no obligation to pay this forum a visit, or your irc.

Umm... If you want to deal with us, use the servers, then you need to know the rules. If you don't we are under no obligation to provide you with anything.

Just about every other house manages to get along just fine, within the rules. Those rules only exist so that people can communicate better, they know what they need to do so they can get events. Irish is a good man who volunteers a great deal of his time help us out with running NordInvasion. He is a senior admin and runs the events; which means he is one of the most active people out there. During his time, I have never heard had a bad report about him. I back him to the hilt because he is good value.

(08-03-2013, 06:41 AM)Plantagenet link Wrote: As for the reports on me and my so called abrasiveness. That is a separate issue. Just for the record I am not bothered if people do not like me because I ruffle their feathers or rub them up the wrong way. So be it. I do what I do in the interests of making people consider what they do, instead of their mindless plowing ahead doing stupid shit causing disruption to others. If as a director of my own company I had to namby-pamby around people worried about them liking me then nothing would ever have got done.

I am a serving Army officer, tell me more about cracking a few eggs to make an omelet.... There is a way to lead and a way to interact. You are not a leader here and even if you were your style is far too abrasive for it to be useful. Leadership is not about getting people to like you, it is about getting people to respect you and respect is earned and you have precisely no credit here.

I am going to mute you now; you should be glad that it is me doing this, because if it were Hyper, you would have no level of appeal to go to; as such I suggest you talk to him.
hello again

unless im mistaken i havnt heard your response to plant's revelations? that the EU server of our first event lasted 12 hours...that irish DID act alone after the 6th wave...that we were booted without thought from our own event...

what appeal is needed here? plant is not 'a leader here' but he is a leader of the house of OTD and so he is obliged to speak our case and fight our corner. OTD only wish to continue enjoying playing and growing, and we expect no less than any other house. i would like to know what was said that was worthy of a house leader being removed.

regards,

sarm
My suggestion is to leave it. Write it off to Plantagenet being one of the poorest communicators out there and go from there. We did not remove Plantagenet, I muted him on the forum because of his continuous silly behaviour.