Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

Fixing Teutonic Shields
Please understand my suggested stat changes are NOT set in stone.
I would appreciate positive feedback as well as your own opinions on how the stats should be changed.

Firstly the Reinforced Teutonic Shield
I'd like to use the defender shield as a proper comparison.

Defender shield stats:
Speed: 90
Armor: 45
Hit points: 1150
Shield width: 59
Shield height: 79
Usable by: Royal Guard/Pavise Champion

Reinforced Teutonic Shield:
Armor: 40
Hit points: 1100
Shield width: 60
Shield height: 80
Usable by: Royal Guard, Pavise Champion

Proposed changes:
Armor: 47
Hit points: 1100
Usable by: Royal Guard, Pavise Champion

The crafting costs are exactly the same(defender is very much cheaper to buy aswell), for some strange reason the defender shield surpasses the Teutonic in every important stat. I recommend increasing armor over hit points or even vice versa at 43:1200 (dependent on developer preference)
to provide an equal, but noticeable difference similar to that of ex:cutter;vengeance while retaining balance between the two.

Secondly a form of lower level shield the: Borough of Brunsberg & the lesser known Thick Teutonic Knight Shield (which I've never actually seen before)

Current stats of both these shields:
Shield
Armor: 35
Hit points: 1000
Usable by: Sergeant, Sharpshooter

A perfect comparison is the classic Swadian Kite Shield (keep in mind the Teutonic require a mere 1 less woven steel to craft - barely a noticeable or costly difference in recipes)

Stats of SKS:

Armor: 38
Hit points: 1050
Usable by: Sergeant, Commando

Proposed changes:
Teutonics
Shield
Armor: 37
Hit points: 1075
Usable by: Sergeant, Sharpshooter, Commando

Proposed changes:
Swadian Kite Shield
Armor: 38
Hit points: 1050
Usable by: Sergeant, Commando, Sharpshooter

I understand the reason for the stat differences due to the availability of sharpshooter, but if a sharpshooter can bring in a freakin tower shield why not sks aswell Smile?

EDIT: apparently sharpshooter can already bring in the sks, there's absolutely no reason for the Teutonic's having worse stats.

One less important, but annoying feature is the Cracked Teutonic Shield
located in the royal guard marketplace. At least up the price to 50k & make stats even with the bannerguard. Or even make it more expensive & better! I don't understand why a hero class item could be worse than a t3 shield. Someone that saves up 750k for rg will have an sks or better guaranteed.

These very well made & aesthetically pleasing shields are gathering dust; my goal is to provide a fairer, diverse, & more aesthetically pleasing option to all the shielders. The upgrade line has simply become too linear for interest.

If there is any sort of shield I missed feel free to comment the name
http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198139916824

08/25/15 - Bulwark of Swadia
08/25/15 - Dwarf Axe
11/27/15 - Fell Edge
Sharpshooter can Bring the SKS in right now...
These are good ideas to get people to actually use the shields and have a more diverse range in play. Variety is the spice of life
Steam Profile - http://steamcommunity.com/id/ruffenuff

NI Greatest Hits:
(14-06-2015, 06:16 AM)VM_Sargent_X link Wrote: Sharpshooter can Bring the SKS in right now...

I guess the weapons guide is out of date then, also further proves my point of how badly gimped these shields are for no apparent reason.
http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198139916824

08/25/15 - Bulwark of Swadia
08/25/15 - Dwarf Axe
11/27/15 - Fell Edge
(13-06-2015, 09:09 AM)Ribbed link Wrote: (...) These very well made & aesthetically pleasing shields are gathering dust; my goal is to provide a fairer, diverse, & more aesthetically pleasing option to all the shielders. The upgrade line has simply become too linear for interest.(...)
Very true, there are many models that are (almost) no more in use since they're either too weak for the price or too expensive in comparison. Great idea.
Would be nice to see more of a variety of items.  ;D
[Image: 76561198023274889.png]
http://gyazo.com/133e7c5fb04bbf04498a875b96597095
"I tride kiting yesterday on rag and it was drier than California on mats." - Klasse
Loots:
Christmas Hat 12/31/2014
Ragnars Wrath 6/13/2015