Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

Auction Hall
(21-12-2011, 11:22 PM)royalewithcheese link Wrote: Would it be possible--coding wise--to have auctions expire after, say, 48 hours?

Auctions now expire after 7 days, and are retrievable by the retrieve items link on the bottom left of the auction hall.
Awesome!
(22-12-2011, 12:19 AM)Jez link Wrote: [quote author=royalewithcheese link=topic=44.msg4715#msg4715 date=1324509727]
Would it be possible--coding wise--to have auctions expire after, say, 48 hours?

Auctions now expire after 7 days, and are retrievable by the retrieve items link on the bottom left of the auction hall.
[/quote]

The retrieve items link doesn't seem to retrieve past the first page.
THIS IS A SIGNATURE
Something really nice would be an item price thing. I used to play runescape and while back when they implemented the "grand exchange" and something really nice is a page you can go to that monitors the economy and tells you the general price of every item. I know this is slightly useless seeing as you can check how much an item will sell for and go off that, but for items like cloth, bone shards, etc its annoying having to use guess work to sell items for too low...or too higha cost. not to mention losing some money to the 10gp + 5%
Anyone else wish that they could play from the nords perspective?
This isn't auction hall related, but possibly could be. I would like on the market place for weapons to say the type of damage it does. Like military pick is (p)iercing, axes ©ut and clubs do (b)ludgeoning

On another note, for auction hall, if there could be a way to code in some kind of average price for an item to help new people not sell too low then have a more experience person buy said item and sell for 3 fold sometimes 10 fold more
(25-01-2012, 05:34 AM)CUNGAWDZ link Wrote: On another note, for auction hall, if there could be a way to code in some kind of average price for an item to help new people not sell too low then have a more experience person buy said item and sell for 3 fold sometimes 10 fold more

The market fluctuates too much for this (and rightly so).  Any new people should manage to have the presence of mind to check out what price things are selling at. I managed it, hundreds of other people managed it, why can't newcomers?
Give a man a fish, and you have fed him for a day. Teach him how to fish, and he will continue fishing even if you give him a fish.
- Fingus
Just before, i sold 8 coal for $500 i think  :-\
Then clickeverywhere told me that there worth about 1500 each
I raged hard....

so..

so hard -___-
Aw : (
perhaps put in a buying option so you can have the ability to name your own price on things and people selling them can look there too for price checks or to sell.

first off its a auction hall to help begginers figure out prices, i find, is unreasonable to get good at trading takes some playing around with numbers and looking at what others are selling the said item for and trying to undercut them to sell your own. to bring in a system that tells everyone the going rate would, in my opinion break the auction system, and make it no different from the market place. trading just takes a little bit of research and 5 min tops to find the right price.
oh but one thing you could add is the choice of a bidding system/buyout like ebay

Quote:Just before, i sold 8 coal for $500 i think  :-\
Then clickeverywhere told me that there worth about 1500 each
I raged hard....

so..

so hard -___-
ya i bet you did i would have also people are selling 2 coal for 7500, you gave a good deal to someone though
There should be some signal to show if the item is available on the Marketplace. (Not Auction Hall)

For example: A red dot next to the items name.