Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

Halberdier vs Legionnaire
I love my pikeman but biggest issue is defence. For this reason I thought about switching him over to a Legionnaire come hero time, until i looked at the Halberdier stats. I like polearms and throwables so for me Halberdier > Legionnaire but there are some small things I would like to know.

What armour rating could I get?
How does that compare to Legionnaire?
Ironflesh difference is 2 points, what does that translate too? Is there a location to see what exactly this do? Would that make up for the difference in armor?

Note: Legionnaire will be my second character so it's not about which is better.

Armor is defiantly worse on Halberdier.  max is 81 compared to 96.  On the other hand getting the max armor for Halberdier is much easier than for legionnaire.

The Iron flesh if it is still the same as native, Translates to 4 more HP.  That would not make up for the less armor.
Steam name:  Sargeant Q

Equipping the Halberdier would be much cheaper.  You don't need a shield, where as the Legionnaire is much more effective with one.  With my halberdier, I tend to stay back more than with my Zwei, but I still have enough armor ( Master Hal Armor/Thanos Legacy/Swadian Gaunts) to charge in without getting killed instantly.  They are also great for being up near the slashing/cade line because of the armor.  And you still have the same throwing as a T4 pike man.  But I am biased, because I went Halberdier when it was on sale and only cost me 250k and not 750k.....
Add Trialsking in steam for trading.
If you like polearms/throwables, Halberdier or another Pikeman hero class all the way. Legionnaire is certainly much more proficient at throwing than other infantry classes, but in comparison to the Pikeman/Skirmisher classes, it pales in comparison. Legionnaire's polearms skill is a joke compared to the polearms skill of a Pikeman hero class. The main benefits to Legionnaire is better armor (in comparison to Pikeman heroes), the best 1-handed proficiency for any hero class, and a decent throwing proficiency. The 1h skill is where it really shines, especially if you have a weapon like the Illustrious. If you really like polearms a lot, I'd recommend getting a Marauder instead of a Halberdier, considering the extra shield skill on the Halberdier isn't THAT useful, and the extra polearm skill and extra 2 athletic points help with the Marauder. In my opinion armor on a ranged class like archer or pikeman isn't as important, as their high athletic speed allows them to simply kite away from danger in many scenarios.
Official Banner Update Pack - http://forum.nordinv.com/index.php/topic,25828.0.html
Perseus     (Lvl 52 Royal Guard)
Artemis     (Lvl 52 Warden)
Hephaestus (Lvl 52 Zweihander)
Ares          (Lvl 52 Pikeman Hybrid)
Hestia       (Lvl 24 Heavy Xbow)

Loots: 1x Sun Pike
Both Awesome classes, get both Wink

Don't suicide yourself. Bradapple 07/01/2015

And last thing im gonna say is dont make my point to another way. - Gandhi
Haha that is my plan Elmo. Time is an issue in my life at the moment so being cheap to deck out is a plus.

What would be the difference between Marauder and Halberdier for armor or weapons?
Is there a polearm that is exclusive to Marauder?

I mostly throw but I also slash when there is room, depending on the situation. I found that even behind the shielder it's easy to die in 1-2 hits.

also +4 hp out of how much? what would the base hp be.
The partizan is Marauder only weapon. Marauder have much less hit points because of less iron flesh bUT they are fast and hit hard. When I am slashing it usually take several hits before I die with my Halberdier.
Add Trialsking in steam for trading.
(07-07-2015, 11:49 PM)Trialsking link Wrote: The partizan is Marauder only weapon. Marauder have much less hit points because of less iron flesh bUT they are fast and hit hard. When I am slashing it usually take several hits before I die with my Halberdier.
don't forget the mangler
Legionnaire shouldn't be used as an "armored pikeman". He can't use a pike (unless you have a sunpike, but still...not cool), and the throwing skill isn't good enough to just throw. Legionnaire is a fun and versatile Infantry class, for shielding,slashing, moving/advancing, and/or occasionally throwing at bots as they run toward the shieldwall, then shielding/slashing.
Halberdier is more of of a pikeman, and the armor is fairly cheap.

Quote:max is 81 compared to 96.  On the other hand getting the max armor for Halberdier is much easier than for legionnaire.
don't forget too, that the price difference is also (at the very least) about 6 mil for top Halberdier armor versus top Legion House Craftable, not even considering the difference in cost between Leather Overmail and Gothic (what? 45 mil price difference?).

You can use a pike just a little bit better than Peltast,and throw the same a Marauder.
Halberdier is more of what you're looking for I think, however...
Quote:get both

Characters:
Deerheart: Royal ShielDeer | Eikthyrnir: Antlered Legionnaire | Cernunnos: Pavise ShielDeer | CerynianHind: Master of Pelts | Hart_Or: HalberDeer | Furcifer: Warden of the Wood
Ok, enough of this.  Deer i am refuring you to this link.  http://forum.nordinvasion.com/index.php?...205.0.html.  To be precise the line that reads "Sun Pike now requires T4 Pikeman". 

I am tired of people not looking into stuff before they post it.
Steam name:  Sargeant Q