Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

A thought...
Gents,

I was suddenly struck with a thought (rare I know), and I wanted to share it. What if we had destructible targets in maps that had a purpose?

Have you ever played StarCtraft II? There are destructible rocks or towers that can either open new locations or block ones.

Could there be walls with high hp that when knocked down, could reveal new rooms/ammo refills/etc? Could knocking down the wall for a benefit have consequences like creating more nords/additional spawn locations? I'm just rambling everything that springs to mid before I lose it so these aren't hashed out, but I think this could be interesting.

How hard is it to modify the spawn rates/locations on the fly? Can there be a wall or beam you can break to collapse a bridge? Would it need a barrel to do it? IDEAS! Think about it, discuss. Smile

/ramble off
Characters:
Flick - 52 Sniper
Balinor - 52 Pikeman
GheerBox - 43 SS
Kahlan - 32 Sergeant
[Image: 76561197995845485.png]
With how the M&B Ai works, they will simply take the shortest path to the player, right through a "blocked off" area. There's also so far as i know, no way to code in changing spawns, those are pre-placed by map makers. Of course, a extra room with a high hp blocked off with a ai mesh going through it could be possible, though for it to work well i beleive it would need to be only a 1 path entry else bots may try to reach players right through it.

The Last sentence also isn't possible to code or make in M&B mulitplayer since it is ai, they would try to follow a ai mesh they coudnt get to if a bridge is no longer there, would be lots of problems all reguarding to pathing.
Looted A Frying Pan 11/25/14
[Image: tbavTdE.jpg]

There was once a destructible gate which could be opened and closed on hidden cave. It wasn't such a great idea. At that time, there were 2 spawns (one in te cave and the other one just next to the current players spawn). The team had to destroy the gate in order to cade in there (it was the only spot where we could cade). Most of the time, we wiped wave 1/2 because we didn't have enough time to cade in.
I think later on, we could open the gate without breaking it. Most of the time, some guy (trolling maybe?) closed the gate with half the team outside/inside leading to a wipe but that's like 2 years ago? I do not know if that kind of map could suit the actual game mechanics (timer..).
Imperial_Eagle, Legionnaire
Zweiter_Imperial_Eagle, Zweihander
Puma, Chosen Marksman
Fennec_Fox, Master Peltast
Another_Imperial_Eagle, Sentinel

(24-09-2015, 10:57 AM)Aigle link Wrote: There was once a destructible gate which could be opened and closed on hidden cave. It wasn't such a great idea. At that time, there were 2 spawns (one in te cave and the other one just next to the current players spawn). The team had to destroy the gate in order to cade in there (it was the only spot where we could cade). Most of the time, we wiped wave 1/2 because we didn't have enough time to cade in.
I think later on, we could open the gate without breaking it. Most of the time, some guy (trolling maybe?) closed the gate with half the team outside/inside leading to a wipe but that's like 2 years ago? I do not know if that kind of map could suit the actual game mechanics (timer..).

I don't think the timer had been implemented when we had that map so yeah as theres now more time before the first wave and sped up cading in that prep time I think it might be more viable now even if it is still open to trolling, I don't know if there is a way to make it that when you've opened a gate it can't be closed, failing that then you'd just have to make it destructable
ON_Fitz - Warden
ON_Fitz_II - Commando, 52
ON_Fitz_III - Pikeman, 47

This is the Internet man up or don't play - hypernoma

[Image: ce8a43a77726fcdb69c98079c7eef2c3.png]
As I recall, that gate in the old Hidden Cave always had a hidden switch.  The intention was not that the gate must be destroyed to use the camp.

I have given some thought to how maps might be made more dynamic instead of getting played the same way each time.  One of the ideas was having spawn points which alternated location randomly when the round starts but as far as I know, it is not possible.

As others have mentioned already, I see destroy-able props that open areas of the map as problematic because they would need an AI mesh which would not make bots try to access it even with the barrier in place.
CC_Warden_Kip | CC_Sentinel_Kip | CC_Guard_Kip | CC_Zweihander_Kip | CC_Marksman_Kip | CC_Pavise_Kip | CC_Peltast_Kip | CC_Marauder_Kip | others...
If none of it works, this is fine by me. I just wanted to have the conversation.

Thanks for everyone's contribution.
Characters:
Flick - 52 Sniper
Balinor - 52 Pikeman
GheerBox - 43 SS
Kahlan - 32 Sergeant
Additional thought....

Treasure hunt map for special events. No nords, larger server limit, fmloaded with little hidden objects that you can loot bone shards, boots, berries, etc. from.

Discuss.

Also, gear is disabled and after 5 minites Odin, Thor, and loke spawn to hunt down all the thieves.
Characters:
Flick - 52 Sniper
Balinor - 52 Pikeman
GheerBox - 43 SS
Kahlan - 32 Sergeant
(25-09-2015, 12:40 AM)GheerBox link Wrote: Additional thought....

Treasure hunt map for special events. No nords, larger server limit, fmloaded with little hidden objects that you can loot bone shards, boots, berries, etc. from.

Discuss.

Also, gear is disabled and after 5 minites Odin, Thor, and loke spawn to hunt down all the thieves.
Let me add on that.. Perhaps 30 minutes a day once a month everything is the same except there is 1 low end legendary located on the map and can only be claimed by one person. Just something I thought might be cool to add on that.