Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

Abilities\new class
We have a ranged hybrid already. I suggest anyone who is seriously thinking about this subject to watch this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aXQ2lO3ieBA
Sounds exactly like the current pikeman to me.
Another ranged/melee mix seems a bit too much. I like the bard idea though, however I doubt they will implement music instruments as in MM. War cries are an easier implementation, hence my idea to let each fourth tier have its own cry to use sparingly (a single support class with four different buffing abilities would limit the use of cades and heals severely, and they are already short).

(27-09-2012, 06:58 PM)Gashy link Wrote: I'm pretty sure that not limiting one's self to the boundaries created by past notions is more positive than negative.
If I'm so dumb, then why don't you think up a new class instead, big boy

If I think of an idea to help improve the mod, I will suggest it, as I have before. And I don't recall calling you dumb anywhere so please take a chill pill. I didn't intend to hurt your feelings.
(27-09-2012, 09:16 PM)Kwal link Wrote: And I don't recall calling you dumb anywhere so please take a chill pill. I didn't intend to hurt your feelings.

You suggested it by implying I couldn't read, but I'll drop it for the sake of keeping the thread relevant.
- The slaying of a nord is an art -
- All is fair in love, war, and the Auction House -
- Respect is earned -
All right here we go:

May i introduce to you : The Keeper.

Henchman>Bodyguard>Guardian>Keeper

(Insert Lore here)

A Meelee class ( 1 hand + Shield) (Medium Damage\Shielding)

Weak Armor

No Ranged (but throwing stuff ? )

Special Team buffs ( e.g. Warcry (would give him each tier another ability)

Wusel @ Omnia
I like the samurai class idea but it wont be in NI, devs dont really like asian stuff. For another hybrid class like pikeman; i dont think we need another one. Pikeman is enough, give everything throwable to him.

How about an assassin class? A "non-hybrid" speed class who can "only" use 1handers with medium to high armor values? Give him the biggest atletic boost with high ps stat and lock him to one-handed weapons only; no throwing, no killing from a range... All he can do is kiting "for the team" or making suprise attacks. Since he cant do ranged attacks, kiting will be useful for his teammates and that can give more open playstyle than camping in a corner, for the whole team.

The possible problem with it is; with other sub-classes he can turn into a kiting-killing machine... But if you guys increase leveling requirements for each tier of it's class and pushing this assassin class to be a "pure class" without any other sub-class, that can work. How;

Beggar (8 class points) - Thug (10 class points) - Assassin (15 class points) - Shadow Master (18 class points)

Give him/her the biggest ps and atletic boost at tier 4 (Shadow Master) so if he/she wants to feel the difference with those stats; he/she should be pure assassin.

And why call it as "Shadow Master"? How about adding a special item for assassin class which works like a res. tome but instead of ressurrecting dead ones, it can spawn the "alive user" back to the spawn point; so this assassin class can dissapear when he feels in great danger. Make this item craftable and make it usable only by Shadow Master. So that can give assassins something different than his/her only weapon; a 1hander to play with and can add some more joy for this class.

Dont forget he/she only has a 1handed weapon, no shields; no throwables and no sub-classes... He/She survived only with his/her sword and have "no other skills" other than using it; but when using it; he/she is a master.

With nord's ranged attacks, assassin will have hell of a time dodging, but this can still give NI players a new frontier to fight and enjoy the rest of the maps(outside of the usual camping zones) before being forced into a corner to camp. (yeah i want to walk, i want to see, i want to use the whole map instead of a small portion of it to enjoy the mod...)

Just think seriously about this assassin class idea, please Smile.

-----

Edit:
I'll open a new topic about this since i dont want to change the Lost_Legend's suggestion into something else.
Attack of the smileys! Beware!
oh im fine with this ryu Smile mine is a suggestion as is yours. about locking a class to one, well... i see your point , but it would it make maybe too special Wink
Wusel @ Omnia
I somehow like ryus idea  Big Grin
My steam account: Dragz 

Loots:
27/08/15 Royal Winged Helmet
24/10/15 Durendal

[Image: taker-brock-laugh.gif?08bce4]