Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

Tower Shield
Hello I have been playing the game for over a year.
One thing i have always wondered is why the Royal Guard can't use tower shields.
To me the tower shield is one of the better shields in the game.
I think it would make sense to also have the ability to use one as commando or at least as RG.
As RG you are a master of shields, in my opinion the tower shield would fit with the RG.

I am sorry if this has been suggested before, did a search but didn't find anything about it in this section.

-- Thanks for the replies, just to be clear I don't mean taking it away from sharpshooter, just also usable as shield by commando or rg. I understand your viewpoints too but I gues I am one of the few that likes the tower shield so much he would like to use it on RG Smile
SteamProfile
Well, the stats of the Tower Shield (45/1450) are not much so much better than those of Aegis (47/1350), Dragon (45/1400), Resilience (41/1500)... So it seems there is no important reason why the Tower should be Sharphooter usable but not RG's... The question is (if one is RG) if it's worth to pay ca. 8 m more for 50 extra hit points (and yes: the size). IMO it's not, so making Tower Shield available to RGs wouldn't probably make it much popular among them. Actually I like it to know I have a Pavise in front of me when I see him spawn with Tower Shield.
And Impervouis and Bulwark of Swadia.  Both of which are better than  the Tower shield and for all commando.  Also drop earlier in the game as they are from hard.

Bottom line.  I don't think we need to be taking shields away from Sharpshooter and giving them to Commando's.
Steam name:  Sargeant Q

Also I'm not sure if this is for everyone but for me at least the tower shield reminds me of a typical shield (size and shapewise) a pavise crossbowman would carry, hence why it is for sharpshooters only which to me makes it seem very logical. Also another reason why I don't think it should be but on commando is that it doesn't look that nice with any of the commando armours in my opinion.
Looted Legendaries:
Tower Shield - 20/08/2013
Eagle Crossbow - 16/07/2015
i see no reason for why it shouldn't. sure there are lots of other shield options for commando's, but, we're not talking about commando's, we're talking about the royal guard THE shielding class. why can't the class that centres on such a static role get some more options in which shields he chooses to use. the pavise can bring in Shield of Kings and just about every other class locked shield (which it shouldn't be able to imho) why can't RG bring in some tower shields to drop for the poor redshirts to hide behind.

(04-09-2015, 09:21 PM)JackB link Wrote: Also another reason why I don't think it should be but on commando is that it doesn't look that nice with any of the commando armours in my opinion.

Most of the new commando armours, especially the legendary ones don't match with anything anyway, some of the ugliest things in this game, the fearsome sticks through everything, the swadian helm is a rusty looking model of the open trooper, and don't get me started on the gothic plates which look god awful on their own let alone everything else. why would we take aesthetics into account now?

(04-09-2015, 08:26 PM)Sargent Q link Wrote: Bottom line.  I don't think we need to be taking shields away from Sharpshooter and giving them to Commando's.

To be clear, we wouldn't be taking away anything from sharpshooter. Just adding to the royal guards armoury.

Going Deep
Tower is were it needs to be, Being the best tr4 shield for Xbow.

Get a SoK if you want to use on both Rg and Pc

|Steam| |Some Shop| |VLKA Recruitment| |Legendary Stats|Legendary Item Thread|