Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

House event messages
Is itnpossible for all house members to recieve a message when a house leader creates an event on the house page? Can reminders be added as well?

Thanks.
Characters:
Flick - 52 Sniper
Balinor - 52 Pikeman
GheerBox - 43 SS
Kahlan - 32 Sergeant
[Image: 76561197995845485.png]
(22-09-2015, 02:21 PM)GheerBox link Wrote:Is itnpossible for all house members to recieve a message when a house leader creates an event on the house page? Can reminders be added as well?

Thanks.

It is a good idea.

I agree with it.
Gur

First, do you mean the house page on nordinvasion.com or the house thread here on the forum?  I'll assume for now you mean nordinvasion.com

Second, do you mean a message in the messaging center or an email?  We don't collect email addresses so again, I'll assume you mean the messaging center.

Now for the meat of the matter: Do people actually read their messages?  I know I don't.  There is a lot that could be changed there and I do have many plans for it.  If you think people would actually notice a message that an event has been scheduled, I'll add one.  If not, this is definitely something I think would be useful after the messaging center gets overhauled.
CC_Warden_Kip | CC_Sentinel_Kip | CC_Guard_Kip | CC_Zweihander_Kip | CC_Marksman_Kip | CC_Pavise_Kip | CC_Peltast_Kip | CC_Marauder_Kip | others...
Your assumptions regarding my question are all correct.

Regarding messages, I know that I would see them because I go through my messages every time I am on the site. I cannot speak for everyone.

What I do know for sure is that I would never have known that there was an event created if I hadn't just happen to look one day. There is no rush for this addition given it hasn't existed for years and we've been just fine Smile

I look forward to the overhaul you might have in mind. The website looks infinitely better than it used to. Keep up whatever it is you're doing. Any plans to permanently implement some of the greasemonkey scripts that have been made on the forum?
Characters:
Flick - 52 Sniper
Balinor - 52 Pikeman
GheerBox - 43 SS
Kahlan - 32 Sergeant
(22-09-2015, 04:11 PM)GheerBox link Wrote:Your assumptions regarding my question are all correct.

Regarding messages, I know that I would see them because I go through my messages every time I am on the site. I cannot speak for everyone.

What I do know for sure is that I would never have known that there was an event created if I hadn't just happen to look one day. There is no rush for this addition given it hasn't existed for years and we've been just fine Smile

I look forward to the overhaul you might have in mind. The website looks infinitely better than it used to. Keep up whatever it is you're doing. Any plans to permanently implement some of the greasemonkey scripts that have been made on the forum?

LK just uses a Steam group to announce their events. It's really clean and simple, and even though nobody looks at it, you can announce things on the page that will show up like a chat message in the bottom right of your screen.

That, and we just spam message all of our members when the event is happening.

Not saying that your idea isn't a good one. It's just that the web devs currently have a lot on their plate, and since there is a simple alternative that's just as effective, they'd rather go that route than to work harder for the same effect.
if you have problem of the model variety send it to winter xen winter me winter me xen because it'll piss him off
Yeah I made a steam group too, but I haven't got good traction there. I'll redouble my efforts and see what happens.
Characters:
Flick - 52 Sniper
Balinor - 52 Pikeman
GheerBox - 43 SS
Kahlan - 32 Sergeant
(22-09-2015, 05:29 PM)GheerBox link Wrote:Yeah I made a steam group too, but I haven't got good traction there. I'll redouble my efforts and see what happens.

Individual messages to all of your members will always work better. If you get a lot of members then it becomes pretty time-consuming, but there is an option that I use in the 'Friends' tab that Steam has where you can sort friends by adding them to different sorting perimeters, so that you know where all of the house members are, and in which order and whatnot.

A really quick video on friend tagging: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/fi...=215509273
if you have problem of the model variety send it to winter xen winter me winter me xen because it'll piss him off
Thanks man.
Characters:
Flick - 52 Sniper
Balinor - 52 Pikeman
GheerBox - 43 SS
Kahlan - 32 Sergeant
You could make a pop up on the NI Website like you do on the forum when you get a PM, however this would be strictly for House Events or announcements etc.
Legendary Drops:
Eastern Katana - December 2012
Legacy - April 2014
Pike of Kings - June 2014
Stag Bow -June 2014
Rupturers - June 2014
Durandel - August 2014
Ancient Greatsword - August 2014
Valsgarde Helmet - September 2014
Penetrator - April 2015
Mnominor - April 2015
Volundr Greatsword - April 2015