Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

Whats gonna happen with NI?
I made this thread to find out what actually gonna happen with NI!

My aim: The devs changed the maps and im searching for the reasons!

While discussions went on and on at Handes thread (Yarr map updates) about gameplay of NI (and I guess thats not the point of the map thread)
I´d like to have this thread the get some clarity into the ongoing things.

Many people want to know why you changed the gameplay without telling anything to the community.

This thread isnt an attack to the devs! I just want to aim for more transparency.

Maybe you want to surprise us with a completely new style of NI gameplay.

I made this thread because I love this awesome mod and it makes me cry that many people think about leaving it.

I hope you get what i mean: I ask you to talk to the community, because WE play this mod and WE want to know just a little bit about your plans.

(Remove this topic if its too offemsive or whatever)

EDIT: Sry for my English Tongue
My steam account: Dragz 

Loots:
27/08/15 Royal Winged Helmet
24/10/15 Durendal

[Image: taker-brock-laugh.gif?08bce4]
If people want to leave the mod because it gets a little harder, then they don't actually like the mod for what it is.

The devs obviously think its way too easy now. Just a small band of SB/PK's could get to odin like 4 times in a day easy. Atleast thats what I think.
[Image: gQUGcYN.gif?1]
Why? why?

whats up with NI?

I love the old maps... and now... i hate all maps in NI!

sry for bad english
(09-10-2012, 11:49 AM)YunYun link Wrote:This thread for example : http://forum.nordinvasion.com/index.php?...91.15.html
GeNf is trying to debate about maps, there is some feedbacks... And what's dev answer ? "Tsum Bum Bum." 2 or 3 times.
I don't know what you were trying to do Hande, maybe a surprise ? But it looks like you don't give a shit about player's opinion and as usual you didn't give any news about your plans.
I don't want to offend you Hande, or any dev, I don't think you wanted to offend someone, I'm just trying to explain what is wrong and my poor english isn't helpful...

I have no fucking idea what's coding a mod looks like, and I assume it is difficult and take a lot of times, I understand you have a life outside the mod, you can be in bad mood etc etc... But I beg you, be more communicative ! We don't have any news about house crafting, server crash, repeater xbow... I don't want you to give a talk about codes, but just say "We're working on this, we have a problem with blabla"
We're working on this, we have a problem with blabla.

Jeez.. I gave news about upcoming map updates like week ago in our IRC and small hint in forums day or few before map update.
And then about news with those new crafting stuffs.. They will come in soon. Repeater might need new patch. ( Need to balance it a bit more )

(09-10-2012, 06:17 PM)Hande link Wrote:Jeez.. I gave news about upcoming map updates like week ago in our IRC and small hint in forums day or few before map update.
And then about news with those new crafting stuffs.. They will come in soon. Repeater might need new patch. ( Need to balance it a bit more )
To be fair, how many people regularly visit IRC? (I know I don't.) I've been watching the News & Updates forum, which seems like the appropriate place to see news about updates, but I never saw any hints there about camping spots being removed. Not to sound like I'm bashing the devs, who we know are working hard, but I'm sure people would appreciate a "louder" warning. Especially when it's something that massively changes the way we play the game.
Characters: CC_Commando_NickyJ, CC_Ranger_NickyJ, CC_Pikeman_NickyJ, CC_Sharpshooter_NickyJ
Meh, only been playing 4 months give or take ... took me 4 weeks to see prince for the first time...  and boy oh boy did it feel like an accomplishment, but for the last month or longer, i have been to the prince countless times and killed him, which makes it feel hollow... more difficulty makes the game sooo much more worth the 60 or so deaths to get to the prince just once.

Now Odin, first time i got to him was about 7 weeks ago and we killed him, and that was at the time the proudest moment of mine in this game... but shortly after that, is when i noticed that prince and Odin were now an everyday thing, happening once or twice a day for Odin, and several times a day for the prince... and this is without map hopping for outskirts etc... i ultimately got bored with shieldwalling, and the grinding, and how Simple the game had become... getting to prince with 1 commando with gold shields, and maybe a sniper, with the other 14, were just tier two... with usually 12 or so still alive for prince, it became ridiculous.

Now the maps:

1, if the maps hadn't been updated i would expect about 20-30% possibly more of the dedicated players leaving until next patch - for good...which would seriously damage the advancement of leeching low levels, and also the Donations that help keep the servers running... would you rather have a challenge in a game, or a game with possibly 5-6 servers running?

2, the only map i can see why people would moan is outskirts, yes it is now terribly hard to win on with randoms/ on hard, but thats life, things change, and not always for the better... FUS and mountians pass, in my opinion still have massive potential in them, as to being the 'best' maps in the game.

3, legendary drops became commonplace, which was crippling their status as 'legendary' and would have threatened to have made them notched down to 'Rare', causing less people to be dedicated to killing prince and odin, driving yet more people out of the game.

Sorry if im off topic or w.e, but just wanted to add my two pence to this immature fuss over ' NI being ruined due to bad maps' the only thing ruining the game is people crying over this update that in my opinion saved the game, like a lazy spoilt child, who isn't aloud a Mcdonalds until they tidy their room.

Would you want to be a popstar/ actor if it paid just as well as a 9 to 5 office job...? - If something in life is easy, its not worth doing.
(09-10-2012, 11:05 PM)NickyJ link Wrote:To be fair, how many people regularly visit IRC? (I know I don't.)
It is place where devs and ingame admins are. If you want to know stuff, you should join in.
(10-10-2012, 06:14 AM)Hande link Wrote:[quote author=NickyJ link=topic=6562.msg54819#msg54819 date=1349823907]
To be fair, how many people regularly visit IRC? (I know I don't.)
It is place where devs and ingame admins are. If you want to know stuff, you should join in.
[/quote]

This. If you want to be up to date with latest info on NI then join IRC. We post info on here once it has been done, on IRC you find out when we are doing it.
"And it goes a little something like this..."
(10-10-2012, 06:14 AM)Hande link Wrote:[quote author=NickyJ link=topic=6562.msg54819#msg54819 date=1349823907]
[/quote]

Even I'm there and none of you know who I am!
[Image: GuardTennenothSig-2hat-2.png]

Add the straw hat as a usable item. I feel naked without it!
Add back Nordic armour! I have nowhere warm to sleep now!
Avatar courtesy of Tomas of Miles.
(10-10-2012, 09:08 AM)MrGuarnere link Wrote:[quote author=Hande link=topic=6562.msg54844#msg54844 date=1349849676]
[quote author=NickyJ link=topic=6562.msg54819#msg54819 date=1349823907]
[/quote]

This. If you want to be up to date with latest info on NI then join IRC. We post info on here once it has been done, on IRC you find out when we are doing it.
[/quote]
Perhaps, but that's assuming we all have the time to be logged into IRC most of the day to wait for bits of information to come out. I understand that if people aren't able to be around for those messages in IRC then that's their problem, but it's nothing to be surprised about when people then complain that they never heard anything about it.
Characters: CC_Commando_NickyJ, CC_Ranger_NickyJ, CC_Pikeman_NickyJ, CC_Sharpshooter_NickyJ