Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

Reset inactivity timer when an attack is blocked
It should also be noted that the system is designed in such a way that as long as you were active before dying and you move after being tomed in, having not performed an action such as repairing your shield or damaging a bot should not be a problem.  Although this alone should be enough to prevent problems (you would have to take no action both before dying and after getting tomed), we will make a slight adjustment there in the next patch so that you have more time to perform an action after getting tomed.

This is not about giving up freedom.  This is about taking reasonable precautions to prevent players from gaining a benefit from intentionally going AFK.

Edit: I do acknowledge there might be faults in the system and if we can find a good way to prevent false positives, we will change the system accordingly.  I will say flat out, however, that simply blocking a hit with your shield will not count as an action.  There are other ways to track activity and there are things shielders can do differently.  I would like to see the focus of this thread put toward finding those ways rather than arguing for something that is far too exploitable to be implemented.
CC_Warden_Kip | CC_Sentinel_Kip | CC_Guard_Kip | CC_Zweihander_Kip | CC_Marksman_Kip | CC_Pavise_Kip | CC_Peltast_Kip | CC_Marauder_Kip | others...
As the inactivity tracker uses damage as one point showing activity, wouldn't it be possible then to use damage dealt to cades as well? A dead Shielder being tomed in should be able to manage finding a cade on his way to the shielding spot or to corner Odin and simply hit it while walking.
Of course given the case, that the activity tracker might be bugged and does not count moving around.

(Not sure if it has been suggested so far)
TH_Blade - Master Peltast
TH_Blade_III - Chosen Marksman
TH_Blade_IV - Royal Guard
TH_Kenshin - Zweihander
TH_Sirzechs - Sentinel
TH_Anahera - Aventurier
TH_Rikudou_Sennin - Halberdier

A random person: "We should resurrect Hitler with a tome and send him to Syria to defeat the IS"
I would rather not use barricade damage as an indicator for the same reason friendly fire is not an indicator.  It would be far too easy to go AFK next to a barricade, come back and hit it, and go afk again.  I would rather look for a more fundamental indicator.  Thank you for the suggestion, though.
CC_Warden_Kip | CC_Sentinel_Kip | CC_Guard_Kip | CC_Zweihander_Kip | CC_Marksman_Kip | CC_Pavise_Kip | CC_Peltast_Kip | CC_Marauder_Kip | others...
(11-01-2016, 06:15 PM)Kip link Wrote: It should also be noted that the system is designed in such a way that as long as you were active before dying and you move after being tomed in, having not performed an action such as repairing your shield or damaging a bot should not be a problem.  Although this alone should be enough to prevent problems (you would have to take no action both before dying and after getting tomed), we will make a slight adjustment there in the next patch so that you have more time to perform an action after getting tomed.

This is not about giving up freedom.  This is about taking reasonable precautions to prevent players from gaining a benefit from intentionally going AFK.

Edit: I do acknowledge there might be faults in the system and if we can find a good way to prevent false positives, we will change the system accordingly.  I will say flat out, however, that simply blocking a hit with your shield will not count as an action.  There are other ways to track activity and there are things shielders can do differently.  I would like to see the focus of this thread put toward finding those ways rather than arguing for something that is far too exploitable to be implemented.
This is all great news. Thanks!
Quote Board is on Discord (last updated 2023.09.07)
"When I feel bad, I read your quote board." - Corndog

Tofu: People call Tricksters racist, yet we have the most Muslim members of any house.
PCK: If Islam is a religion of peace, and Tricksters have the most Muslims, then is House of Tricksters the house of peace?
Falankos: I always knew that we were the good guys.
(11-01-2016, 06:27 PM)Kip link Wrote: I would rather not use barricade damage as an indicator for the same reason friendly fire is not an indicator.  It would be far too easy to go AFK next to a barricade, come back and hit it, and go afk again.  I would rather look for a more fundamental indicator.  Thank you for the suggestion, though.

By this logic, most possible actions are ruled out. Players could simply go AFK while shieding, or while in a corner, come back, and teamhit/attack a cade them go afk. However, I see no difference between that and going afk, simply to come back, even if mid wave, running over to a heal/ammo station, using said station, and then returning to the AFK position.

Could have the use of chat be an "action", but, then again, you'd run into the same issues of people having the ability to go afk, come back and type something random, then going afk again every few minutes.

I see little light at the end of the tunnel - but here is a suggestion: having a reset in the timer anytime a player re-spawns via a tome. This way players who get tomed in on the later waves on the harder difficulty, especially the lower end players who simply cannot afford to go after fimbulwinters for example, can still have a chance to do some sort of action - be it healing the team or finding a throwable - to keep thier loot chances alive.

Other than that, and even now, the system can be abused, which is a shame. Not every loophole can be covered, regardless of what actions are really done. Only thing I can really say is let the playerbase deal with those abusing via the IRC and reports. Such possible abuses of doing some minor action before returning to AFKing is rather apparent by players who have sat in a run the entire time with such behavior.