Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

WTK About Halb
Hello everyone,

I was just wondering about why the halberdier seems so weak or pretty useless when we compare it to the other heroes of the skirmisher tree. I understand they do have better armor generally but they are still "weaker" . I just think it's pretty sad to see a potentially good class left to be useless. I mean even as shielders they're not even that good, I understand that they are supposed to be some sort of transition between the tankier classes and the dps ones, but please, is it impossible to see them being buffed or at least get better weaponry(or more usable shields..) ?

The blue craftable and even green from the infantree (ye you didn't see that coming) are almost better than the top craftable for halberdier.

Halberdier
One handed: 50
Two handed: 40
Polearm: 30
Power strike: 2
Ironflesh: 3
Shield: 3

Master Peltast
Polearm: 25
Throwing: 25
Power throw: 1
Power strike: 2
Ironflesh: 1
Athletics: 2
Shield: 2

Marauder
Polearm: 65
Power strike: 3
Athletics: 2
Shield: 1

- LordChaos (Legionnaire):  Armorsmith
- Kingsguard (Royal Guard):Blacksmith
- Swadian_Hunter (Archer) Jobless
- The_Impaler (Pikeman): Achemist 
- House Crafting: Defender 

01/04/16: Nothing
I don't know if it should get buffed, but if anything, it's the power strike that should be increased because the armor you'd get as a halberdier won't do you well, even if its just a 10 bonus to the plated pikeman's armor, like the heraldic master halberdier armor, or hospitaller master halbardier armor, it just mostly add's a lot of weight to your character which isn't worth going for unless you just like the look of the armor.
[Image: siivDCv.jpg?1]
December 20th, 2015 Impervious
February 8th, 2018 Gothic gauntlets
December 20th, 2019 Fang of Fenrir
Well, it's pretty the same logic with Ranger or Pavise. They are designed to have much higher surviveability (ironflesh + armour) but it's in return for their capabilities to engage the enemy. Every hero class can be fun, simply every single one means kinda different playstyle.
As it comes to Halberdier, I must agree with you, MP and Marauder seem to be much more interesting options.
I have always loved halberdier and i still do because of how the extra armor can save you from many more hits especially on rag you will see other pikeman get 1 hit by most things whilst you can survive. The other is "rule of cool" (thanks nobel) with halberdier getting some of the best looking armor ingame. With the ability to use studded and swadian gauntlents will help you survive even more hits than regular pikemen
I was actually thinking of an Ironflesh& Powerstrike and Shield buff to make them worth being at least picked up. As for their looks, all I see is heraldic mail mostly, I don't know if there are any other and I've never seen any other.. I kinda find it bad to be honest. But I would love to see them being able to carry more shields, and maybe have more profiency in 1 handed too which could then make them 1 handed spear shielders or so I don't know. I hope something will be done to be honest, few people actually talk about this.

(15-01-2016, 07:11 AM)LordChaos link Wrote: I was actually thinking of an Ironflesh& Powerstrike and Shield buff to make them worth being at least picked up. As for their looks, all I see is heraldic mail mostly, I don't know if there are any other and I've never seen any other.. I kinda find it bad to be honest. But I would love to see them being able to carry more shields, and maybe have more profiency in 1 handed too which could then make them 1 handed spear shielders or so I don't know. I hope something will be done to be honest, few people actually talk about this.

Any polearms above 150 length weilded one handed will suffer a 35-50% debuff [approximate, I don't remeber the exact #] in dmg. Any polearms shorter will not, so even if you get more proficiency, there will still need to be more short polearms for a 1 handed pole+shield, otherwise the benefits of using such a loadout is mostly negated.
Looted A Frying Pan 11/25/14
[Image: tbavTdE.jpg]

(15-01-2016, 07:19 AM)Looter link Wrote: Any polearms above 150 length weilded one handed will suffer a 35-50% debuff [approximate, I don't remeber the exact #] in dmg. Any polearms shorter will not, so even if you get more proficiency, there will still need to be more short polearms for a 1 handed pole+shield, otherwise the benefits of using such a loadout is mostly negated.

I knew there was some sort of negative effect as for wielding a 1h polearm, but didn't at what point. Well this could be improved in a way to make more unique items for them, such as a shorter version of the partizan or something or more items. I mean, look at the master peltast's stats they're ridiculous, they don't even shields or get any better shields (as far as I know), I don't understand why they would have so many advantages and this hero class pretty much left alone.

As I said before, armor is nice, but you don't get any real benefit as the green armor from the inf is better than light blue and blue items of halb.. So I don't really know :/.

You want to know the armor difference between Trans and Gothic?  its 10.  The same armor difference that you are saying does not matter here. 

And the one mil crafted halberdier armor has more armor than the 25 mil+ legendary pikeman armor, that hasn't dropped in like a year. 

And it gets more Ironflesh than RG does.

I don't think its needs a buff,  I think its just fine where it is.  Its for some people but not everyone.
Steam name:  Sargeant Q

(15-01-2016, 02:40 PM)Sargent Q link Wrote: You want to know the armor difference between Trans and Gothic?  its 10.  The same armor difference that you are saying does not matter here. 

And the one mil crafted halberdier armor has more armor than the 25 mil+ legendary pikeman armor, that hasn't dropped in like a year. 

I don't think its needs a buff,  I think its just fine where it is.  Its for some people but not everyone.

Don't get me wrong, but what is the aim for that class exactly ? Is it survivability ? People wouldn't go for the Pikeman class in the first place. Also, I am kinda unaware of most the items as we don't see them, they're not listed or anything (beside some craftables with the pictures EG: House crafting topic). I am just trying to suggest to improve the class or give it something that can feel benefical for it, I would have picked up halb if they had more usable shields to be honest (or maybe there are some that I am unaware about..?), and more 1 h usable also for them. It ends up being tanky for almost nothing, and correct me if I am wrong, but carryinga marketplace shield to tank is a little.. erm you know lol. Unless yeah there are some shields usable for halbs :o.

I am grinding another skirmisher as I loved to level it up to be honest, I hesitated a lot between the 3 for the first time I had to pick a hero, everyone told me to go mp or marauder, which are great heroes, and I am a marauder. But this one, to be honest, I am hesitating to go for halb instead of mp and I want to know more about it. I think i've seen only 2 during all my game time that were halb :o.

(15-01-2016, 05:18 PM)LordChaos link Wrote: [quote author=Sargent Q link=topic=51640.msg254357#msg254357 date=1452868801]
You want to know the armor difference between Trans and Gothic?  its 10.  The same armor difference that you are saying does not matter here. 

Don't get me wrong, but what is the aim for that class exactly ? Is it survivability ? People wouldn't go for the Pikeman class in the first place. Also, I am kinda unaware of most the items as we don't see them, they're not listed or anything (beside some craftables with the pictures EG: House crafting topic). I am just trying to suggest to improve the class or give it something that can feel benefical for it, I would have picked up halb if they had more usable shields to be honest (or maybe there are some that I am unaware about..?), and more 1 h usable also for them. It ends up being tanky for almost nothing, and correct me if I am wrong, but carryinga marketplace shield to tank is a little.. erm you know lol. Unless yeah there are some shields usable for halbs :o.

I am grinding another skirmisher as I loved to level it up to be honest, I hesitated a lot between the 3 for the first time I had to pick a hero, everyone told me to go mp or marauder, which are great heroes, and I am a marauder. But this one, to be honest, I am hesitating to go for halb instead of mp and I want to know more about it. I think i've seen only 2 during all my game time that were halb :o.
[/quote]

http://forum.nordinvasion.com/index.php?topic=18946.0

Straight from click's old analysis under strategy and tips

"Halberdier
The Halberdier hero class gains the generic 50 One handed, 40 Two handed, and a slightly increased 30 Polearm (as compared to 25) WPF.  This class also gets a typical 2 Power strike increase.  This class's strong point is the Ironflesh and Shield gain, 3 and 3.  It should be noted that though this class gains no Athletics, it is already at 8 which is faster than most other hero classes already.  Disappointingly, this class gains no Power throw or Throwing WPF.

Master Peltast
This class, as the name suggests, has a focus on throwing.  A beautiful 25 Throwing WPF (~3% damage and 1 speed more) and 1 Power throw (10% more throwing damage) definitely create this effect.  The generic 50 One handed, 40 Two handed, and 25 Polearm increases are there.  A decent and default Power strike increase of 2 and Ironflesh increase of 1 accompany this class.  A fun 2 Athletics points make this tied for the fastest class in the game at a grand total of 10 Athletics.  This class does get a Shield skill increase of 2, putting it at 6 Shield skill and allowing it to be the backup shielder in dire situations.

Marauder
The glass cannon of Pikeman hero classes, this class has an amazing 65 Polearm WPF increase (~5% more damage and 1-2 more speed) and 3 additional Power strike (24% more damage), making it a very powerful slasher.  Other than the generic WPF increases and 2 Athletics, this class has no other stat increases.

Over All
The Halberdier is a decent slasher with an emphasis on survivability.  It has a good Shield increase allowing it to shield when required.  The Master Peltast emphasizes throwing, but can clearly slash as well.  A small Shield skill increase allows it to shield in dire situations.  The Marauder is a glass cannon of a slasher, focusing only on damage output and speed."

Browse the forums more.

MP - Warden - Sentinel - Zwei - Legio - RG

Steam  Legendaries

Feel free to add on steam for trades.