Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

Why is there no AU Hard server?
Regardless of donations, Benschie/Ragnash used to host them out of their own pockets (which cost a hell of alot more than the other region's servers) up until a little while ago. I'd be interested to see the average NA/EU donation per person compared to that of the Oceania region before people start running off saying how stingy us aussies are because up until now it's been on the shoulder's of one/two pretty generous blokes...if aussies don't donate it's because there never has been any real incentive to (server wise) and I most certainly wouldn't promote pumping money in where you're on the losing end of a mod running a donation scheme without prejudice save as to costs. it just doesn't work well for both parties, best they don't do business with each other. 
Going Deep
(21-01-2016, 10:12 AM)Bobo link Wrote: Precisely. If you want AU server it must be hosted in Asia-Pacific region to keep the ping reasonably low. So even if there are EU servers that could atm be used for something else it is no solution to simply change a name of one of them to AU instead of EU. It still remains in Germany, so the ping from AU would be over 300...

I'm aware of the situation with the ping, and I'm not suggesting that you simply rename a server. I was thinking dropping some of the servers completely, you still have to pay for the all the empty EU servers right?

(21-01-2016, 10:12 AM)Bobo link Wrote: Yup. it simply requires some donations to cover the costs. Those are not significant amounts, like Kip wrote in the abovementioned thread, few bucks per month from like 10 ppl would do.
It's probably wishful thinking, but maybe if there's an incentive to donate, more Aussies would. The donate message simply says "If you enjoy this mod consider donating", if people understood they're paying for the servers you might see a rise in donations.

I've only been back for about a week now, but I know that there's a fair few Aussies still playing the game, we could definitely use a hard server.
None says anything wrong about Aussies or anyone else who'd haven't donated yet and yes, AU dotations per capita might be indeed higher than those from EU (I can't tell, pretty sure the Devs team has some knowledge here). Still, they are not enough to upkeep the servers which is sad but it's just how it is.
(21-01-2016, 10:25 AM)Madjosh link Wrote: (...) I most certainly wouldn't promote pumping money in where you're on the losing end of a mod running a donation scheme without prejudice save as to costs. it just doesn't work well for both parties, best they don't do business with each other.
I truely do hope (and believe) it is not the losing end. Having witnessed massive updates recently I'd even say it's quite well developing. Also the forum stats say we're getting new players in the amount that is highest since like one year. The mod is running and it's damn lot of fun to play so why not to consider some small donations on a monthly basis as long as one plays? No need for 200 EUR donations per head, should the players who use AU server donate just as much as they think they comfortably can every month, I think AU could have 3 servers and more players.
(21-01-2016, 10:35 AM)dimi link Wrote: [quote author=Bobo link=topic=52160.msg255474#msg255474 date=1453371176]
Precisely. If you want AU server it must be hosted in Asia-Pacific region to keep the ping reasonably low. So even if there are EU servers that could atm be used for something else it is no solution to simply change a name of one of them to AU instead of EU. It still remains in Germany, so the ping from AU would be over 300...

I'm aware of the situation with the ping, and I'm not suggesting that you simply rename a server. I was thinking dropping some of the servers completely, you still have to pay for the all the empty EU servers right?
[/quote]
I get the point, I misunderstood yoou before. And yes, the story is EU and NA servers are being rented as a pack, they are not payed separately for every single one. So there's no simple solution to save money on them in order to use them for AU servers. The main trouble is that EU/NA hosting services are much cheaper than in the Asia-Pacific region, at least the one that provide good ping to AU players. I can remember a post with some details stating servers in Japan or Korea could be purchased cheaper but the ping would be over 100, so still not good.
Not sure if it's worth throwing this into the mix but here is a ex-server providers input. As costs go the current AU server costs $20 a month per server and our NA/EU server costs around $50-$60/month per how many servers you see in this region. AU dedicated servers are crazy expensive to run on top of running the other servers. You're looking at $100 for a not as good server as the ones in NA/EU. Back when someone else paid for AU the donations from the region were still low and no where near the costs of the server per month, of course the other regions aren't any different but the price of the servers in AU is huge. So going to this sort of crowd funding just means that AU players don't have to donate much to keep their servers up
[Image: Untitled-1.gif]
"time is money jaja and loot" - Blame
How Au is done

Steps
1. Friends find Ni
2. They like Ni
3. They make a house
4. Find they can donate to get a sever(s)
5. Donate
6. Leader of house goose afg
7. Slowly die
8. Au dies

9. Repeat

Get use to ping now, One sever is fine if you have event they can change that sever to a event sever.

|Steam| |Some Shop| |VLKA Recruitment| |Legendary Stats|Legendary Item Thread|                                                                                            
Adding to what Xen said, removing EU/NA servers would not decrease the cost. The server computers are paid for and multiple EU/NA servers can be setup on one machine, where as AU its paid per server. The price difference means even with the same donations from EU/NA vs AU, less servers are able to be run for the same cost in AU. As has been said, Im sure it wouldnt be too hard to get someone to swap the mode of the AU server that currently exists to whatever mode people want to play. Hope this at least helps a little bit Smile
Map Thread
[Image: 76561198038983603.png]
Bane of the Germans
Email: midren@nordinvasion.com
2015-07-14 Knight Helmet
2015-08-01 Gothic Plate
2017-12-08 Black Arrows
2018-05-25 Tempest
2019-09-01 Dragon Spear
(22-01-2016, 03:27 AM)Midren link Wrote: As has been said, Im sure it wouldnt be too hard to get someone to swap the mode of the AU server that currently exists to whatever mode people want to play.
When ever i feel like doing a kite i ask a admin to change to hard/rag good thing about one sever i can pick the map it not all bad having 1 sever Smile

This is why https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jramb5E7rJs

My Steam
Loot:                           M/D/Y
Twig of Yggdrasil - 8/10/2012
Sun Pike - 9/9/2014
Dragon Helm - 1/10/2015
Jormungandr - 2/26/2016

(24-01-2016, 05:01 PM)Monstersti link Wrote: This is why https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jramb5E7rJs

Na people like this https://www.youtube.com/user/TVFilthyFrank

As an Australian I can confirm that all we want to do is take and not give. Its in our blood
[Image: NVWGT89.gif]