Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

Poll: Should auto blocking be kept ingame?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes
14.29%
2 14.29%
No
85.71%
12 85.71%
Total 14 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thoughts on auto block?
My opinion is clearly biased as I've come from CRPG where all you can do is manual, but if this feature gonna stay the same or be removed? I personally don't think it should be in as it makes it incredibly easy when blocking NPC's. The main thing that makes Warband actually hard is manual blocking. It does take time to get better and "master" but it increases the challenge and kinda gives you something to improve on. I also see people auto blocking like 4-5 NPC's at a time which is absurd.

Thoughts?

Added a poll just cause.
I'd rather not have my manual block get tossed away by mashing the block key so... Remove it!
▄██████████████▄▐█▄▄▄▄█▌
██████▌▄▌▄▐▐▌███▌▀▀██▀▀
████▄█▌▄▌▄▐▐▌▀███▄▄█▌
▄▄▄▄▄██████████████▀  Spread the fail whale - Don't take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.
(27-12-2011, 09:27 PM)SeQueL link Wrote: My opinion is clearly biased as I've come from CRPG where all you can do is manual] block, but if this feature gonna stay the same or be removed? I personally don't think it should be in as it makes it incredibly easy when blocking NPC's. The main thing that makes Warband actually hard is manual blocking. It does take time to get better and "master" but it increases the challenge and kinda gives you something to improve on. I also see people auto blocking like 4-5 NPC's at a time which is absurd.

Thoughts?

Added a poll just cause.
Fix'd. As it stands right now, bots can't block without the autoblock, but you can head over to eu 4 and test out forced manual block.
Quote:Fix'd. As it stands right now, bots can't block without the autoblock, but you can head over to eu 4 and test out forced manual block.

Oppsy, fixed.

Would there not be a way to disable it for players and not NPC's?
(27-12-2011, 10:14 PM)SeQueL link Wrote:
Quote:Fix'd. As it stands right now, bots can't block without the autoblock, but you can head over to eu 4 and test out forced manual block.

Oppsy, fixed.

Yeah, you can go into options and turn auto blocking off, there you have your manual block.
Attack of the smileys! Beware!
(28-12-2011, 02:26 AM)Ryu link Wrote: [quote author=SeQueL link=topic=605.msg5523#msg5523 date=1325024044]

Oppsy, fixed.

Yeah, you can go into options and turn auto blocking off, there you have your manual block.
[/quote]

I meant turn it off for players COMPLETELY but still giving the bots the ability to.

Also my bad, just realized Earthdforce already had a thread going for this....
There are already several discussions about this. Recent ones can be found here and here.

Locking this one. Please continue the discussion in the other threads.