Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

Legendary Week
(11-02-2016, 08:26 PM)DrWhoCares link Wrote: If rich people spent their money on things like crafting projects, money would flow more. If everyone got more drops and sold them at correct values, then money would flow more evenly.

If money flows more evenly, you fix a lot of these economy issues people are complaining about.
Yah, funny how in old days when it was hard to get gold, a lot of mats were 100-200k, now that's easy to get it, most are 30-50k
[Image: dpcfmq0qegd53mozg.jpg]
Loki Kills: 363
Thor Kills: 332
Odin Kills: 261
Prince Kills: 402
King Ragnar Kills: 258

House Crafting: Support 39, Defender 33, Attacker 30
  Alchemist: Lvl 36
Blacksmith: Lvl 21
Armorsmith: Lvl 32
You're saying that the harder it is to obtain money, the higher the value of materials.
So clearly, the poorer the community, the best way to make money is to value materials well above the price people can afford.

Materials work on supply and demand. If demand is high and supply is low, price per material will be high. If demand is high and supply is high, prices will drop slowly as people start cutting each other's prices. If materials continue to drop in high abundance, demand will lower but supply will remain high.

The addition of higher drop rates, particularly bosses dropping multiple HM or lumps, increased the supply.
(12-02-2016, 06:12 PM)DrWhoCares link Wrote: You're saying that the harder it is to obtain money, the higher the value of materials.
So clearly, the poorer the community, the best way to make money is to value materials well above the price people can afford.

Materials work on supply and demand. If demand is high and supply is low, price per material will be high. If demand is high and supply is high, prices will drop slowly as people start cutting each other's prices. If materials continue to drop in high abundance, demand will lower but supply will remain high.

The addition of higher drop rates, particularly bosses dropping multiple HM or lumps, increased the supply.
Question, will that nessasarilly lessen the overall crafting prices? Because just increasing some mats [mat 1] in supply and leaving others alone [mat 2]will leave the untouched ones in high demand as people craft and run low on [mat 2]and those [mat 2] will take the prices of the old mats [mat 1]you increased the supply of. I don't see just increasing mats as the full solution.

Look at what's already occurred, as the sheer number of craftables released increased, so did the demand to craft and despite decreasing costs of hm or lumps people just decreased the supply of say Damascus steel as that ran out due to increasing crafting of new things, where it then took the formers place and the prices overall stayed up.
Looted A Frying Pan 11/25/14
[Image: tbavTdE.jpg]

(12-02-2016, 06:46 PM)Looter link Wrote: [quote author=DrWhoCares link=topic=53383.msg259305#msg259305 date=1455300730]
You're saying that the harder it is to obtain money, the higher the value of materials.

Question, will that nessasarilly lessen the overall crafting prices? Because just increasing some mats [mat 1] in supply and leaving others alone [mat 2]will leave the untouched ones in high demand as people craft and run low on [mat 2]and those [mat 2] will take the prices of the old mats [mat 1]you increased the supply of. I don't see just increasing mats as the full solution.

Look at what's already occurred, as the sheer number of craftables released increased, so did the demand to craft and despite decreasing costs of hm or lumps people just decreased the supply of say Damascus steel as that ran out due to increasing crafting of new things, where it then took the formers place and the prices overall stayed up.
[/quote]

Not to be a smartass, but this sounds like a word problem from my microecomonics class a few semesters ago  :Smile, just like....not as poetically phrased.
MP - Warden - Sentinel - Zwei - Legio - RG

Steam  Legendaries

Feel free to add on steam for trades.
(12-02-2016, 07:15 PM)Sharmastyle link Wrote: [quote author=Looter link=topic=53383.msg259308#msg259308 date=1455302807]
[quote author=DrWhoCares link=topic=53383.msg259305#msg259305 date=1455300730]

[/quote]

Not to be a smartass, but this sounds like a word problem from my microecomonics class a few semesters ago  :Smile, just like....not as poetically phrased.
[/quote]
I cri so much.

Tl:dr the fix isn't to just increase mat drops of a couple things alone. As people will craft more because of for example new items being released, they will sure use up the now cheaper mats [the more frequently dropped ones] but so will they also use up the other mats that weren't increased, so prices of those go up to take the formers place and the total price is pretty much the same.
Looted A Frying Pan 11/25/14
[Image: tbavTdE.jpg]

Not once in my post did I mention a solution.
I merely corrected Nka.

Oh and very very few items have not dropped in prices since I quit.
Most items went down 30 or more thousand each.

Things like HM and Damascus stayed the same. Whereas things like copper bars dropped over 100k.
I know how it works, I was just saying that in the old days, the supply was poor for gold and the mats and yet people even offered 300k for like, eagle and coppers. Tho their supply was really really rare at the time. Now everyone could afford "200k mats" but there's none now ^^, when you'd expect if gold is easier to get, mats could go up as well as people wouldn't care as much but yet they went down anyways.

Once again you are stating that the price of materials is completely unaffected by supply and demand. You are ignoring the effects of supply and demand and only considering the circulation of currency.

You're saying now, when everyone is able to make money faster, and can afford mats that were once considered 200k, mats are no longer sold at 200k. You state that this is opposite of what should be expected because clearly, if people have more money, then you should price items higher so that you can get more money out of them.

However, the circulation of currency has absolutely nothing to do with the price of materials. The supply of materials is high right now, at the same time, the ability to get currency is higher (therefore lets say there is more money in circulation, therefore people have more money to spend.) However because the supply is high, and demand is high, prices begin to drop because more people are selling materials. They begin to undercut each others prices until the price drops to a stable amount where the suppliers are still making positive gains on selling their materials.

TL;DR
The circulation of money/the amount of money people have has [glow=red,2,300]ZERO[/glow] effect on the price of materials.
:Smile

I guess I explained my point poorly, and I dont feel like continuing this discussion.

I know why things are the way they are. Cause that's simple logic. Was just saying that it's funny, when gold was hard to get materials were very highly prices (but ofc it was cause everything was hard to get those days). Now it's not cause supply is high, but I find it funny for some reasons you clearly dont get and I dont feel like explaining it any better for your head, go read my 1st comment and maybe it will click in your head. I was just making a simple comment, now you're making a full deal about it.

The end. Now leave me alone kthxbye.

Pretty sure this thread should be closed...
My Steam
Loot:                           M/D/Y
Twig of Yggdrasil - 8/10/2012
Sun Pike - 9/9/2014
Dragon Helm - 1/10/2015
Jormungandr - 2/26/2016