Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

Discouragement from playing.
Due to some players in your community currently I am really wondering whether this mod is actually worth playing.

Basically I am new here, only started playing a couple of days ago, so I haven't got a lot of cash nor exp but enough for a bow and some arrows after selling my armour.

But today when I decided to come and play, I joined a server with around 10 people, as it is easiest to level while assisting by shooting the NPC's etc.

As I joined the server, I realised a round was in progress as normal, which I was happy to wait until either a re spawn or the round ending.

During my wait someone politely suggested that if we were dead then it would be better to swap server if we wished to play any time soon, as the round may take a while to end as they was pretty far progressed. I said that I am happy to wait.

Later still, I was told by a different player that I should leave as should the rest of the "newbs". Now after a discussion where the player was obsessed that I was not contributing, which was true, as I hadn't had a chance to spawn yet.

The map then changed and I thought great a chance to play finally and start to level up.

As soon as the map changed all these "non-noobs" got up and left, I presumed that all of them (which was about 5-6) left to join another server on their own, low and behold I leave the server to check and yes they have joined a server on their own. Now I do not mind this, but how do they expect me to ever not be a noob, if I am not "allowed" to play with other people. How will I ever get out of this phase, because currently the way I see it is either play by myself, which I find boring and is why I do not play SP that often, or to slug it out and just follow these every time they change server.
Those guys are just dickish. It'd be best to forget about em.
Well that sounds quite rude of them really.

Sad that this happened to you, but I think you where really unlucky. In my experience people have no problems with new players what so ever, and quite often try to help them out as best as possible.

The beginning can be quite rough for new players, but it sounds like you have the right attitude, stick it out and try to help as best as you can. But try to stay alive, don't risk yourself dying to much or things will be very slow Wink

I hope you don't run into any more of this behavior as generally the community seems pretty good.
Shoot that sounds like it might have been me. Was it me? I did ask some players to go to spectator recently, to decrease spawn. If it was me, sorry if I came off as rude. Also, if the map change was to mountain pass, I sometimes leave because it's just too hard to survive later waves on that map.
ba da bing ba da BAN! -Hypernoma
I don't have a problem with new players as much as I have a problem with dead weight or outright stupid people.

I just hate fighting your part of the wave because you joined and you're just AFKing around or generally being useless while we have to fight even more troops.

Again, I don't have a problem with new players, I can understand that they can't do much and thus just stand behind to rack up that assist XP, sometimes they're just totally detrimental.

When I'm on my archer, having a shitload of troops doing a beeline for me is probably the best situation, but 90% of the time I have some stupid guy that can't even damage them yet, just swoop in, take all the aggro and run away and just make it a mess to kill anything then complains when he dies.
Sorry to hear that you had a bad experience, in the future if people are being derogatory or inappropriate towards players, please report them both in game and on the forums under report players. We can then send them official warnings and keep tabs on players who are less than friendly in the community.

The game is designed around players at all levels working together to achieve success, so if individual players are complaining about playing with others, they don't really get the point of co-operative games.

As has been said before, the best recourse is to probably join a different server with less dickish players, as sadly we cannot police the entire community there will always be those who are anti-social or just out to troll other players and although we try out best to deal with these people, its almost a full time job for us!

I hope you manage to find a decent server and have a good game! Plus if you ever need us to go throw the banhammer around, I know CoWorm loves to abuse it, so give him some names and he'll go in kickin' Big Grin
Jez, don't mention the word abuse or Gomer will suddenly appear before you  ;D
ba da bing ba da BAN! -Hypernoma
The aspect of Nord Invasion is to have a challenge, not to set a fixed difficulty level. The idea of this game isnt winning, in fact, the most enjoyable parts of the mod are when players tried so hard to fight Nord huscarls, and lost. Those with big egos are definitely not getting in the head that the idea isn't about winning easily, but to beat the game at it's difficulty, even with handicaps.

I don't understand why people shun new players. How satisfying is owning Nord Knights with 16 Cour Bourili players armed with morningstars if there arent lower-levels to offset the balance? It's more intensifying (and definitely hilarious) to see how lower-level players face-off against a boss wave when their comrades have died.

And I thought a co-operative mod might turn those killpoint-obssessed hogging pigs away.
[Image: 2n6u4ux.png]
For the Honour of the Fallen Swadians.
im not guna lie...iv had my fair share of calling people newbs (noobs, nubs, etc) but in just friendly messing around (i never mean it personally if they do take it that way) but i rarely if ever leave with a group of people. im normally alone if i join a server so i know it cudnt of been me that left ye there =D however it is very possible i called you a newb lately...iv been getting impatient waiting for the new updates. but if ye ever do catch me saying newb its not directed to you, probably the whole team. in fact i normally call the higher level people newbs... as for your situation, like everyone says just stick it out. when i first joined i was LOST, i died like crazy and then a guy that probably dosent remember me at all (optimal) taught me the ways of this game! and here i am a week later being a sergeant and an active member on the forums. just keep playing and this game gets ALOT funner.
Anyone else wish that they could play from the nords perspective?
Only a minority act as if they are above it all, and even less will leave a server because it is populated with newbies. It sounds like a isolated case. Yardi, may I suggest you just hang back, and try to kill whatever slips through the line. Nobody will call you a newbie unless you give them a reason to do so. When I was new to NI, all I did for a week was stay alive as long as possible, that way I'd eventually rack up some kills, and not be at the bottom of the scoring list all the time. This way I wasn't the weakest link. Even if I was, nobody ever pointed out that fact. Most people that play NI are decent guys -- some are even girls!