Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

Windows 10
Hello there, due pc problems I was forced to get windows 10. But I came across some problems and were wondering if there are more windows 10 users on the forum who might be able to help me.
  • First off, when ALT Tabbing from games. desktop was a option beside the active tabs. In windows 10, this is no more. Any way to get desktop back in alt tab ?
  • Second, when I press backspace to remove a line by example, in windows 8.1 it goes smooth and goes faster when you hold it longer. In windows 10, it doesn't go smooth, but more like your pc laggs.
Would really appriciate it if there is someone who know how to solve this. Thanks
DB_BlackWarden - DB_BlackPeltast - DB_BlackKnight - DB_BlackPavise
Alchemist 16 - ArmorSmith 21 - BlackSmith 18 - Alchemist 8
As for the desktop access, previous Windows versions as well as Win10 have the shortcut WIN+D (WIN = windows key, bottom line 2nd from left and 3rd from right on standard US 101-keys keyboard). That minimizes all application windows and shows desktop. WIN+D again and it restores to what it was before.

As for the key repeat rate (backspace or any other key) I didn't notice any difference in how it works comparing to any previous Windows version. If it goes slow, check this out: Control Panel -> Keyboard (Speed Tab, default) -> Repeat rate. Set it to max and see if it goes fine for you.
Thanks for the keyboard. Seems to be fixed. Already had the right settings, but had to save again.

For WIN+D. I was aware of this, but I've always been using Alt Tab and prefer to use that over WIN+D.
So I was wondering if there was a fix since lots of players seems to ask that.
Off hand, I do not know of a way to put Desktop back in the alt+tab list. As Bobo said, Win + D is the standard option. A second option that occurs to me would be to use the virtual desktop feature (Win + Tab) to run the game on one desktop with all your programs on the other desktop.
CC_Warden_Kip | CC_Sentinel_Kip | CC_Guard_Kip | CC_Zweihander_Kip | CC_Marksman_Kip | CC_Pavise_Kip | CC_Peltast_Kip | CC_Marauder_Kip | others...
What are the downfalls of using virtual desktops, Kip?
Only downfall I can think of is forgetting you have stuff running on another desktop. Nothing serious.
CC_Warden_Kip | CC_Sentinel_Kip | CC_Guard_Kip | CC_Zweihander_Kip | CC_Marksman_Kip | CC_Pavise_Kip | CC_Peltast_Kip | CC_Marauder_Kip | others...
I have windows 10, and the alt tab function still works for me, its just that i have to choose what i want to alt tab into.
[Image: siivDCv.jpg?1]
December 20th, 2015 Impervious
February 8th, 2018 Gothic gauntlets
December 20th, 2019 Fang of Fenrir
@Nopanda: Alt tab does indeed work in Windows 10 but in Windows 8, there was an entry for the desktop itself.
I've noticed that WIN + D doesn't work. This is because D is a active key in the game (walking) which make it impossible to tab out of the game without having a second popup.
I had to ask my friend to sent me a message on steam, so I could Alt Tab to the steam chat and then press WIN + D. Any solution ?
If you have steam, Shift-Tabbing should work similarly.