Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

Snipers need a Power Draw buff!
Ok, I've recently read a number of posts about how we need stronger bows for Snipers, since we really are falling behind crossbowmen at this rate, but I don't think that's the problem.
The problem, as I see it, is that we are locked on 6 in Power Draw. Even at lvl 52, Snipers can't get higher Power Draw than 6. My lvl 49 shielder has 8 to Power Strike, and that hardly seems fair!

So instead of working on stronger bows, can't we see some buff to Power Draw? Or maybe add some Power Draw to other classes, so that Snipers lvl 44+ can be stronger than Snipers at lvl 39?
1. A power draw buff would do nothing, because all bows have a power draw requirement of 1, so they all cap out at a power draw bonus of 5 (any further points just lets you be accurate for a longer time).

2. Sniper damage is already extremely close to Sharpshooter damage, and Snipers have a much faster firing rate.

Base damage of Sharpshooter Bow + Bronze Arrows on a Sniper vs unarmored target: 92.93
Base damage of Arbalest + Unstratchable Gold Bolts vs unarmored target: 108

3. A power draw bonus of 5 gives a bonus of (5 * 14%) = 70%, while a power strike of 8 gives a bonus of (8 * 8%) = 64% and snipers, in general, will do more damage per hit than commandos.

Basically, you are complaining that you cap out in DPS at level 39, which is a good thing when Snipers are generally able to get the most kills per game.
What banks says is true, but a bit more profency in archery would be nice , also holding a bit longer might be pretty awesome. With (hopefully ) incoming new bows Snipers we will be fine imho.
Wusel @ Omnia
As a counterpoint to point 3, actually hitting an enemy where you want is a lot more difficult for the archer than it is for the commando. Not to mention, most commandos can just sit back and continually slash if situated in a shield line. Of course, this may just be because I suck at archery.
ba da bing ba da BAN! -Hypernoma
(02-11-2012, 07:45 PM)clickeverywhere link Wrote: As a counterpoint to point 3, actually hitting an enemy where you want is a lot more difficult for the archer than it is for the commando. Not to mention, most commandos can just sit back and continually slash if situated in a shield line. Of course, this may just be because I suck at archery.

My commando get's more headshots w/ a sharpshooter bow than Sphinx does w/ his Hurricane. Tongue
Broad shouldered: LatinaHeat
Soft hands: Murrow
Soiled hands: Lantice
Queenie: Phe
Morale Tent: Ailish, Buki, Chasia,
(04-08-2012, 09:06 AM)Legend link Wrote:and you are a sex-object murrow  :Smile (and a guy who's a woman..)
I do have to support that sniper is fairly good as it is, more damage is unneeded but longer holding would always be nice. we just want more varaiety in gear, even if its the same stats so everyone stops looking like sniper clones Tongue