Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

Cavalry melee weapons choice
(21-03-2016, 09:58 PM)Niezdara Wrote:
(21-03-2016, 09:02 PM)Terath Wrote: Well, it all depends on how you value things. I used the middle of the road price for materials on the auction hall, and I didn't include anything over 5k - I'm at school and I'm in a rush, so I didn't spend much time on it. We're both just going to end up getting totally different prices for both swords, and I probably left something important out somewhere, but the Swadian Hope used to be worth much more than any of the house crafted swords, and that's the point I was trying to make (even though I posted my version of the new prices for the weapons). If it comes down to it, your math is probably more correct than mine, which is fine by me - but the price years ago made the sword not worth it when the house crafted items rolled along.

Some items don't get edited stats based on their price, they get edited stats based on their higher and lower versions of the weapon. The Swadian Hope was hot shit back in the day, and then the house crafted swords rolled along and were just better than the Swadian Hope in pretty much every way (damage, speed, I guess not length). Even though the Swadian Hope's price determined its 54c in the end, the original stats were because it was a midway 1 hander for commando and nothing else.

And yeah, the sword was worse than the other swords before the Swadian Hope buff. Compare 50c of the Swadian Hope and the 52c of the Hero's Hope, and the Swadian Hope is more expensive. After the buff, Swadian Hope is (generally) more expensive and has the stats to back it up - 54c compared to the 52c of the Hero's Hope. On top of that, people complained about it being worse and more expensive; some people didn't want the weapon to fade into obscurity like the Apsods because of its bad stats and bad price compared to Hero's Hope. (Alternatively, the 500k Vengeance had 49c compared to Swadian Hope's 50c. 1m ~ 1.5m more for 1 cut and length. Worth it?).

I'm not defending the change solely because I benefit from it, I'm defending it because it's what I believe is right. The buff was well deserved in my opinion and not because I own the weapon. I've had both the Hero's Hope and the Swadian Hope. Assuming that I take this stance because I own the weapon and that's it is kind of insulting. I'm sure the same goes for you too, and I was wrong to assume you were defending it because you own it, but I'm defending it because I think it's fine how it is.

Ok, but I still don't agree. Especially with "The Swadian Hope was hot shit back in the day, and then the house crafted swords rolled along and were just better" - that is just completely not true. They were all on the same level. All of those 3 Hero's and Swadian Hope were just different flavours and I'm pretty sure they were added simply to give bigger choice. You can check it yourself, since guide is not yet updated.

Giving massive 4c bonus is hardly justified. I wouldn't bat an eye for 2c and it would already make it better then any of those 3.

All in all it doesn't matter. The decisions were made and no one have any obligations to explain why.There is really no point for me to argue and my opinions doesn't matter...I just keep forgetting about it sometimes. Sorry for that.

It's fine to not agree, but the Hero's set has its own flavors and the Swadian Hope was just worse than all three. Hero's Hope with 52c 100 speed, Hero's Trust with 49 cut 103 speed, and Hero's Despair with 50 cut 101 speed. The old Swadian Hope had 50c and 99 speed, putting it below the Hope because of the damage, the Despair because of the flat increase in speed and the Trust because of the large increase in speed. While the Swadian Hope was comparable, it wasn't better than really any of them (you could argue Trust because of the +1 damage but the 103 speed more than makes up for it).

It's kind of weird to me to not bat an eye at +2c, but for +4c to be massive. Probably just me though.

And I agree, this was a pretty unnecessary argument on my part. Your opinions do matter, though - it's not like nobody is listening and will never listen. As we speak, the devs have already probably read through this whole conversation and weighed their thoughts on what you and I have said. For all you know, they agree with you and will be nerfing the SH. The devs aren't divine superbeings that don't concern themselves with mortals, they're people just like us and they listen to every single one of the player's complaints. Don't think that your opinions don't matter - speak freely! As long as you keep it civil and clean, the devs will listen to anything you have to say.

I'm sorry too Big Grin
if you have problem of the model variety send it to winter xen winter me winter me xen because it'll piss him off

Messages In This Thread
Cavalry melee weapons choice - by keru_90 - 21-03-2016, 01:31 PM
RE: Cavalry melee weapons choice - by Niezdara - 21-03-2016, 03:11 PM
RE: Cavalry melee weapons choice - by keru_90 - 21-03-2016, 03:28 PM
RE: Cavalry melee weapons choice - by Lirania - 21-03-2016, 03:20 PM
RE: Cavalry melee weapons choice - by Terath - 21-03-2016, 03:33 PM
RE: Cavalry melee weapons choice - by keru_90 - 21-03-2016, 03:41 PM
RE: Cavalry melee weapons choice - by Niezdara - 21-03-2016, 04:12 PM
RE: Cavalry melee weapons choice - by keru_90 - 21-03-2016, 04:27 PM
RE: Cavalry melee weapons choice - by Terath - 21-03-2016, 04:32 PM
RE: Cavalry melee weapons choice - by Niezdara - 21-03-2016, 05:12 PM
RE: Cavalry melee weapons choice - by Falankos - 21-03-2016, 06:23 PM