Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

House maps
Hey everyone,
So I recently talked about mapping with a friend and adding some banners, which got me to the idea of making house specific maps, that are somehow related with their own house (specific scheme of colours, spots, items, etc) and might be house event locked or something. I know this would be a lot of work to create, but I think it would add some more uniqueness to each house's events and gameplay - What do you guys think about it?
Nerf VM map, buff TH map pls.

I don't see the idea of locking them to house events going over well.

Having maps relate more to houses, though, is something I think would be awesome. I like the idea of different maps made to be the castles or forts of certain prominent and long-lived houses.
Your always free to take a shot at making a map and if you wish adorning it with banners or themes of your choice, but it's up to the individual scene maker since maps take time and effort and making maps solely for a single house seems wasteful in my opinion if locked so only a narrow range of people use the map. Then multiplying the work by dozens of houses. Good luck though with your friend, always good to get more active sceners in the community. If i end up deciding to do something along these lines it'll probably be themed around one of the now dead/defunct houses that were prominent in the past but fell.
Looted A Frying Pan 11/25/14
[Image: tbavTdE.jpg]

(27-03-2016, 12:50 AM)Winter Wrote: Nerf VM map, buff TH map pls.

I don't see the idea of locking them to house events going over well.

Having maps relate more to houses, though, is something I think would be awesome.  I like the idea of different maps made to be the castles or forts of certain prominent and long-lived houses.

I guess it would really be a little intense to make a very own map for each house to have about 30 players play it per week, making it accessible for everyone is most likely the better deal.

(27-03-2016, 01:02 AM)Looter Wrote: Your always free to take a shot at making a map and if you wish adorning it with banners or themes of your choice, but it's up to the individual scene maker since maps take time and effort and making maps solely for a single house seems wasteful in my opinion if locked so only a narrow range of people use the map. Then multiplying the work by dozens of houses. Good luck though with your friend, always good to get more active sceners in the community. If i end up deciding to do something along these lines it'll probably be themed around one of the now dead/defunct houses that were prominent in the past but fell.

VLKA is the first one that would come to my mind, hearing "dead houses that were prominent in the past" :P
Nontheless I think it should really be suiting its house's character, like many of the "old" legendaries for VLKA, perhaps put some statues of famous members (eg Benschie with his hat) and overall be related to the house background and stuff.
Neat idea, but implementation would have too many issues. No.