Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

Buyable NPC fighters
Alright, I just had this idea pop into my fool head again, and I'm sure it's been mentioned once or twice.
WHAT IF the developers (Thanks devs for this mod, love you guys...and Jez.) made some sort of NPC that could be bought and used under the 'support' slot in character tab. The person would be bought on the market, would suck at first, but you level him up like your own personal redshirt. The assist XP you gain and the killing xp he gains goes towards him, like if you have 10k xp on your assist xp chart, then you spend it on the NPC you bought, it'd be like he had assist XP of his own.
The only problem with this is that the pros/devs/admins would abuse this (Barristan, I dare you) and put weapons and armor that were legendary on the NPC so they would be like level 52 retards (since they are NPC's, retards.) running around chopping Nords to high hell.
But, I have a solution to this.
Seeing as how the leveling system goes in this game, the NPC's would level the same as a player would: four tier thingies, blah blah blah.
The character buying the NPC would have the ability to change the NPC's profession, like archery or swordsmanship.
The NPC would cost like 100k on normal market. He can die in-game, but will not be removed from inventory once his death.
Also, there would be a command button. Use the 1-2-3 keys to tell him to stay in a position, charge, or follow you. This would make the game a ton more fun if you could have some people with you that weren't just your friends.
I think that this would change the gameplay entirely, and make it easier for new players to play the game with more people on their team versus the nords. I think that sixteen is too small a number for the Swadian to survive with, and that we should be able to have some people join that weren't actual people in battle.
Thank you for readin' this. I appreciate it.
Post your opinion below
And get the damn NA servers back up, grr.
-Terath
if you have problem of the model variety send it to winter xen winter me winter me xen because it'll piss him off
CSR has this, but there are a few obvious reasons why NI will probably never have friendly NPCs:

I) People will exploit by afking with NPCs, if their kills give exp/loot.
II) If NPCs do not give exp/loot when they kill, people will get upset at people who bring NPCs.
III) Warband A.I. is ridiculously bad, and given how teamplay (read: holding chokepoints) is important in the higher waves, having NPCs would likely be a disadvantage in any setting that doesn't involve just charging the bots in an open field.
K
I) What is CSI and is it good
II) NPC's only get 1/4 of the assist xp they get from dying nords
III) NPC's have 1/4 a chance of giving you drops
IIII) As I said, you would use the command keys to command your troop around the battlefield; charge, follow you, or hold position.
IIIII) Thanks for commenting  ;D
-Terath  Wink
(P.S. HUSCARLTON COMMENTED ON MY POST WHAHAHDAWHJKNAWJBKAWDBJWDJBWDJBWADJBAWJB)
if you have problem of the model variety send it to winter xen winter me winter me xen because it'll piss him off
1. CSR is Calradia Slave Rebellion, a mod similar to NI. I don't follow its progress or anything so I don't know much apart from that.
2. That's actually all I had to contribute. Have a nice day.
ba da bing ba da BAN! -Hypernoma
Lol thanks click xD
We dont need this in game.
[move][align=center] S[color=blue]o[color=green]p[color=purple]h[color=brown]i[color=teal]e[/move]
[align=center][Image: whnwaa.jpg]
And why not, Sophie?
1. It should spawn more bots? (Yes/No?)
2. Someone going afk while his bot stands infront of healbox/Refill box = Fail.
3. What if the bot starts to bug? (Some enemy nords gets bugged when they hit the barricade and follow a player).
4. What if the bot starts to break the barricade? (When a bot stands infront of barricade).
[move][align=center] S[color=blue]o[color=green]p[color=purple]h[color=brown]i[color=teal]e[/move]
[align=center][Image: whnwaa.jpg]
(27-11-2012, 07:14 PM)Terath86 link Wrote:The only problem with this is that the pros/devs/admins would abuse this (Barristan, I dare you) and put weapons and armor that were legendary on the NPC so they would be like level 52 retards (since they are NPC's, retards.) running around chopping Nords to high hell.

People with the most legendaries are not admins , nor devs, nor pros, just grinders. We had similar problem back in the days where people had bots fighting for them and they were hiding in the archer nest (in the old citadel) and had the OP bots kill and they would just go AFK. These people what wont be named were either perm banned or fully reset (and quit). Even if you lower the drop 1/4 , people will still use it to leech.

And like Banks said, AI is stupid. You wont be able to save the last , unless you bring your bot in a corner and told him to stay but in shieldwalls and such, they'll screw everything. Bots also don't swing properly (afaik) when Friendly Fire mirror dmg is on or they swing through .. kinda bad in both ways.

The idea could have been good with a better engine, but M&B cheap code makes it more of a nuisance and an exploitable thing than a useful thing.
And sphinx therefore was the first person to ruin my idea Tongue