Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

Poll: Would you like to see it ingame?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Aye
54.55%
6 54.55%
No
45.45%
5 45.45%
Total 11 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

New weapon
Greetings everyone,

I wanted to suggest to add in a new weapon that would be a bastard. That weapon is the "swordbreaker", it's a square shaped blade which is meant to crush enemy swords. In this case I doubt that the "disarm" feature would be added, but I thought that a sword, eventually a bastard with blunt damage as its swinging mode and pierce as its thrusting mode would be amazing. 

The whole concepts comes from :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PS_YVv0pKhQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r3LgwH4dZ_0

it could be done as a craftable or a new legendary. The disarm feature would be beast if it is implemented and limited in its use (not on bosses and some mobs)if they try to block a hit. It could only be enabled if the sword is used as 2 handed because of its weight. 

Pros : high pierce & blunt damage
Cons : Heavy and slow (90?)

As for the usability I would suggest all commando+ heros and sentinel and pavise. Or make it wearable for anyone with a shielding skill over 9 (heroes and hybrids together) as we don't see any weapon for them and that hybrids are already punished by the previous nerfs and limited access to high end gear. 

If it would be a craftable, I would suggest the same materials that are currently used for the harbringer. 

Thank you for reading.

LC

- LordChaos (Legionnaire):  Armorsmith
- Kingsguard (Royal Guard):Blacksmith
- Swadian_Hunter (Archer) Jobless
- The_Impaler (Pikeman): Achemist 
- House Crafting: Defender 

01/04/16: Nothing
At the sound of this sword and watching those videos, I would love to see it implemented in the game though as a legendary as if it was able to disarm would be an overpowered feature. On the other hand, it being craftable could boost the economy as it would seem to me as an item high in demand.
Legendary Loots:
Zephyr - 14/6/2016

Thanks for the feedback Smile.

A blunt sword basically? So far it sounds very similar to the harbinger, but that one is mostly useless. Harbinger in 1h mode is really weak because of the 15% malus for using it 1 handed, and 2 handed it is too short for slashing, makes more sense to buy a headcrusher and a heavy warhammer instead.

Stats could be roughly like this?
52b swing damage
40p stab damage
85-90 speed, not sure whats balanced there, would need to check other weapons first.
110 length

And crafting costs about 10m, high tier house crafting.
lol

More to come when I am at home and can type.
(08-12-2016, 04:27 PM)Eyleen Wrote: A blunt sword basically? So far it sounds very similar to the harbinger, but that one is mostly useless. Harbinger in 1h mode is really weak because of the 15% malus for using it 1 handed, and 2 handed it is too short for slashing, makes more sense to buy a headcrusher and a heavy warhammer instead.

Stats could be roughly like this?
52b swing damage
40p stab damage
85-90 speed, not sure whats balanced there, would need to check other weapons first.
110 length

And crafting costs about 10m, high tier house crafting.

Harbringer needs a buff (speedwise or damage wise),it's 50b, the crafting overall is around 5.5-6m at least it used to be, with the current prices I am not sure, but I doubt it would exceed the 6m. Or just not make it a bastard, just a 1handed. I can't really think of any good blunt weapon beside headcrusher (1 handed), harbringer looks amazing, but it's way too slow and the damage could be reviewed I guess? But it's mainly to have an upgrade for headcrusher, with a fancy look and the ability to stab :p.

(08-12-2016, 04:50 PM)Winter Wrote: lol

More to come when I am at home and can type.

That's a scary answer :p.

This weapon does not do what you think it does.  Although marketed as a sword breaker, against any proper European steel swords it would not "break" the sword.  Notice that in the demo, all of the "swords" or steel he broke were solidly clamped in place.  The blade also has a flat profile and little to no distal taper.  This also does not speak for the type of steel used, which based on the fantasy design most of them have is most likely stainless or mild steel without proper tempering.  What this video shows could be done with a lead pipe or most proper European swords.  This item is pretty much an extra heavy baseball bat made of high quality steel with a sharpened point.
[Image: 8a949f5eee.jpg]
There have, of course, been many skeptical people asking if this item can really do what they claim it does, and a few put it to the test.  A few found that it was great at turning stainless steel wallhangers into aluminum cans, but it would chip against properly forged or even cut-out heat treated swords.  It definitely damaged those swords if great strength was put into it and the one holding the other sword held it as a block instead of a parry, but against any trained opponent this sword would not be particularly effective.

For in-game purposes, the effect described would be nearly useless anyways.  I can count the number of non-boss enemies that would not die in one or two hits of this item on my fingers.  "The best crowd control is death" - Graves Support 2016.

tl;dr - this extra long bar mace with a sword hilt doesn't do what you think it does.  I like the idea of a blunt sword and this weapon is certainly intimidating and deadly, especially against those armor bound, but the idea of it disarming opponents with it is both historically and virtually ridiculous. I do still want to see this item in game as a blunt crushthrough sword, though. Bar mace one handed weapons too.
rather get an estoc like piercing sword ingame Tongue