Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

Simple question
I want to just throw this out there as a possiblity for being a better plan then 2 massively rewarding quest. Yes I have spent a lot of time thinking about this. Make quests for every wave for killing x number if bots/bot type. Of course each quest would be worth less but if your the top killer you can complete multiple quests in 1 run, or over less time. This would reward the top killer and decrease leeching if people want to complete the quest. I realize this has been done to some extent with some of the quests requiring the killing of a certain number of a certain bot.

This could also have an added bonus on public runs of motivating people to actually stay on a server. Right now 4 or 5 people clear the first few waves only to have a flood of people join at the end waves and make completing the run more difficult. Then once the run either wipes or is finished these people leave to jump onto another server that is close to the end waves.

The current quests in my opinion don't reward the top killer or stop leeching.

As an example I could leach all run and kill the bosses because I'm only actively playing to kill the boss. I then got all the rewards, and rather the run wipes, people did not get tomed in for the boss kill or whatever the situation, I got what I needed from the run but I did not really help the run succeed.

As for making a RG or shielder happy about the quests maybe make quests for blocking x number of hits from a specific bot type or maybe just blocking x number of damage points, this number could be far higher because it requires less skill to block then to get a head shot. I don't know if this is possible but something like this is going to be the only way I see to balance things out, rather then trying to make everyone happy with a few high paying quests.

This way yes technically a RG can complete a killing quest and technically a DPS person could complete a shielding quest but it would take them far more time to do so. If they stay with their class specific jobs they will accomplish the quests more times and through volume they will earn more.

The level of everyone willing to work together to help someone to complete a quest is mostly only going to happen in a house event, because on a public run anyone can join and do whatever they want. Half the time on a public run you can't even get someone else to spam heal if you need a break. How are you going to get people to allow someone to get a boss kill? It's not against any rule and nothing is really going to happen if someone takes the kill from the person everyone else is trying to help.

If the secret goal is to have a few high paying quests maybe make the cool down time a month or two. That way less people will be working on getting a specific boss kill at one time, then someone who needs the kill will be more likely given the chance to get the boss kill.

All this being said I realize this would take a great deal of work and time. I'm not really expecting this to get implemented because of this. However, I wanted to share my opinion on the topic since it has come up. Again I don't have an RG, my only goal with this post is to point out a way to make everyone here happy, which to admit is a little challenging. I'm not saying it must be implemented.

Now let the tearing apart of my opinion begin. Big Grin.
Yes, I'm Floofy.

I hope all is well, and if not try to have a positive attitude because it helps.  Thank you and have a great day!

Messages In This Thread
Simple question - by LordChaos - 20-12-2016, 12:05 AM
RE: Simple question - by Coconut - 20-12-2016, 12:49 AM
RE: Simple question - by DR. - 20-12-2016, 02:08 AM
RE: Simple question - by Winter - 20-12-2016, 02:49 AM
RE: Simple question - by Sargent Q - 20-12-2016, 02:53 AM
RE: Simple question - by captain_floofy - 20-12-2016, 05:07 AM
RE: Simple question - by DR. - 20-12-2016, 05:17 AM
RE: Simple question - by DragonFire1 - 20-12-2016, 05:37 AM
RE: Simple question - by DR. - 20-12-2016, 05:45 AM
RE: Simple question - by LordChaos - 20-12-2016, 01:48 PM
RE: Simple question - by derJaeger - 21-12-2016, 08:54 AM