Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

Shared inventory (again)
I'd propose to introduce shared inventory, working as follows:
the item owner creates the list of chars that can use the item
the said chars can then equip and use the item
the chars can belong to the item owner or not (so you can authorize someone else to use your items)
the item owner can at any time remove any char from the list thus recalling the license to use it
the item can only be traded by the owner, others chars that can use the item do not have it in the list of tradeable items

items have IDs, accounts have IDs, chars have IDs, it should be possible to script it.

That would solve at least 2 problems:
you must trade your items between your own chars, it's just annoying
you are not save when lending your items, if you trade something you lose control of it, it's just between 2 players that it's a lend. There were examples of lenders getting scammed, even recently.
Sounds good

With this BoS is save i guess Tongue Smile
Legendary Loots :
12.02.2017 Plate over Leather
4.03.2018   Defender Boots

"WS is full of scrubs like Thunder" Eyleen
"It was a hot day and i was annoyed " Lord Montagu 
"You can buy 2 Twigs for one Valsgarde" Managarm
"Banterin stop killing you are making my score look stupid" Qrvishion
"Wait arent you PCK? lol" VLKA_Julia
Sounds great.
Gur

This will lead to item duplication, with the current concept.
Perhaps the current concept could be modified.(?)
(01-03-2017, 03:31 PM)Bobo Wrote: Perhaps the current concept could be modified.(?)

Why not just use a single inventory for each account so that each account has its own unique ID and all  characters IDs either become grouped under the account ID or the character IDs are removed completely?
AFG

Only if items can be shared amongst one account. But this has been rumored for 2+ years (search the forums), so it will probably never get implemented.
Quote Board is on Discord (last updated 2023.09.07)
"When I feel bad, I read your quote board." - Corndog

Tofu: People call Tricksters racist, yet we have the most Muslim members of any house.
PCK: If Islam is a religion of peace, and Tricksters have the most Muslims, then is House of Tricksters the house of peace?
Falankos: I always knew that we were the good guys.
My idea has the purpose of making the items usable by all chars within an account, but in addition also by chars from another account(s) if that'd be the will of the owner. Like I said, that would not only solve the problem with the trading within your account that is necessary to move items from one of your chars to another (of your chars, that makes no sense, we all agree I believe) but would also make lending items save and easy.
In addition: imagine how nice house inventories (with items available to house members) could be made this way...
(01-03-2017, 03:31 PM)Bobo Wrote: Perhaps the current concept could be modified.(?)

It should.

An entry should made in the database that checks if the item is currently equipped.
There is a high chance that this already exists with the current equipment of items approach. But it requires a new link between tables to see if an item is equipped. Now this may sound simple, but too many links will severely slow a database down.

Also I really really dislike being able to share it with people, who don't really deserve having items they have no knowledge about, as it destroys a large part of the game, which is gathering the funds to buy your own equipment.

Oh and why would you lend items to someone who is not "save", just because you want to be a good Samaritan is at your own risk, and frankly it should be.

tl;dr:
It's not a bad concept, but it needs some work. And being able to share it between other characters shouldn't be an option.
Yeah, I must admit that worries me too in this concept of mine: if ppl share items without any limitation, then it would have bad influence on the overall state of affairs Wink Perhaps something might be worked out to avoid this. Like that you can only lend item to 1 other account, no more, maybe (?). Or that there would be a fee for using a borrowed item, like 10k per day or something? (I know, that's no good, just a brainstorm from a small brain, my apologies).

Concerning the lending:
1. there's been some reports recently (as well as in the past) about ppl lending items to their friends and taking a brake from the game, then having difficulties to get their items back upon return. So one you think you can trust your items may in time prove not so much trustworthy (or simply completely unavailable for any communication), unfortunately.
2. there are players sharing their equipment with their friends on regular basis, like: me and Sagi, Andrea and Shark, you and Fara and probably there's much more. Isn't it pain to endlessly trade the items between chars? Damn, for me it is and I suspect it's no more enjoyable for the others.