Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

Idea for more fun on long term play
(18-08-2017, 05:17 AM)Sharmastyle Wrote:
(06-08-2017, 08:58 PM)jpdesjardins Wrote: Hello everyone,

As it stands, the mod is in its old days and the population has drastically decreased over the year since some have overplayed, the coming of Bannerlord etc. On top of that, when we have a game with 12-16 players, you can be sure the next one game 2/3 of that will leave for X reason.

My concern is even though this game is based on long term farming, the mod doesn’t have the population to sustain an acceptable economy. The prices on the AH are ridiculously high and the perfect example for this are the hardened metal which were 4,5k gold in the past and have now doubled that. Same story with bent sword which were like 500 gold max not long ago and now don’t be surprised if you see them at 1k gold.

You can see me coming, I’m not asking for higher drop rate for legendary or some sick ass weapon/armor drop, I’m asking for less randomness and higher drop rate for the shitty loot (pardon me, had to).

Indeed, it will on the other hand be easier to lvl your profession, but is it really the concern since there’s barely any full game going on. It is harder to farm and to find someone to craft your object of concern.
I’m not asking for some drop rate that will kill the economy within the next month but something better. Thank you and sorry for the grammatical error since blah blah I speak French.

Moustafar
100% agreed. People who aren't paying for their legendaries or who aren't older players can't get gear now without modified drop rates for mats. Essentially the entire AH and mats are at a stalemate freezing up the market. Even older players just trying to craft smaller things can't do anything. Quite frustrating. This is one of the biggest things plaguing the mod right now for the few left playing.

Wasn't the drop rate being tied to number of players part of the "fair" distribution due to people complaining about the others' rewards when playing in smaller teams? This is an extension of that previous problem, with the issue exacerbated by low population. Increasing those drop rates, even for "shitty loot," seems to be precisely counter to that previous goal. Not that I'm opposed to it, just that it would further show the back-pedaling and hypocrisy of the decisions and direction of the mod.
Quote Board is on Discord (last updated 2023.09.07)
"When I feel bad, I read your quote board." - Corndog

Tofu: People call Tricksters racist, yet we have the most Muslim members of any house.
PCK: If Islam is a religion of peace, and Tricksters have the most Muslims, then is House of Tricksters the house of peace?
Falankos: I always knew that we were the good guys.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Idea for more fun on long term play - by DR. - 07-08-2017, 06:58 AM
RE: Idea for more fun on long term play - by DR. - 17-08-2017, 11:55 AM
RE: Idea for more fun on long term play - by Malong - 18-08-2017, 05:01 PM
RE: Idea for more fun on long term play - by DR. - 20-08-2017, 04:17 AM
RE: Idea for more fun on long term play - by DR. - 23-08-2017, 03:06 AM
RE: Idea for more fun on long term play - by DR. - 25-08-2017, 07:02 AM