Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

Repeaterman --> Swadian Guard ?
Yes, so you have missed my point completely or did not read it how I intended it to convey.

Repeaterman and Cm being heroes are best at a form of a crossbow? Then me saying this "Xbow" | "Xbow" is right still - Both shoot bolts, Both etc....
You could argue that one's for close range than the other far..? What so Dead Shot like magic get bad up close? and Ailadrodd is crap at long distance...? Both can be better at times with close or far than the other one. 

Like I said at the start it feels like a copy of the same hero with a small twist and that's if you are a Repeaterman your job is to bring in the xbow for the Cm so he can do better than you.

I don't get how you can see my idea as being so far fetched... Heros should be as diverse and different from each other as posable.

|Steam| |Some Shop| |VLKA Recruitment| |Legendary Stats|Legendary Item Thread|                                                                                            
(03-09-2017, 02:44 AM)Woody Wrote: Yes, so you have missed my point completely or did not read it how I intended it to convey.

Repeaterman and Cm being heroes are best at a form of a crossbow? Then me saying this "Xbow" | "Xbow" is right still - Both shoot bolts, Both etc....
You could argue that one's for close range than the other far..? What so Dead Shot like magic get bad up close? and Ailadrodd is crap at long distance...? Both can be better at times with close or far than the other one. 

Like I said at the start it feels like a copy of the same hero with a small twist and that's if you are a Repeaterman your job is to bring in the xbow for the Cm so he can do better than you.

I don't get how you can see my idea as being so far fetched... Heros should be as diverse and different from each other as posable.

I mean, rifles and pistols both shoot bullets...  My point is that different tools are for different jobs.  As you said, repeaters should be better at close range and regular crossbows better at long ranged, hence chosen *marksman* as the class name.  I wouldn't say the Dead Shot would "like magic get bad up close" so much as the Ailadrodd would outperform it.  If that isn't the case, then that is a mistake that should be rectified.

I don't miss your point, I just disagree with it.  Many people on this forum, including myself, sometimes fail to understand that this is also a possibility.  When someone disagrees with them, they may assume the other person is stupid or doesn't understand them.  This is a cancerous part of the community that makes people hold grudges over the most mundane of disagreements and is a big part of why discussions never reach fruitful confusions. When everyone is yelling past each other and dismissing others by saying they just don't understand or their opinion is stupid, there is less room left for discussion, persuasion, and critical thought towards ideas.

Your idea isn't far fetched, I just disagree that it will increase diversity of classes (see RG and Juggernaut comparisons and imagine if ranger and halberdier were given shielding counterparts too...) and these are my reasons. As you may note, all of my arguments were focused at deconstructing your logic and showing how it is flawed and could be used to support the opposite side. I didn't say your idea was stupid, far fetched, or impossible.  I just think that adjustment of crossbow stats to make repeaters and regular crossbows as different as possible to increase diversity of weaponry would be more impactful than putting both crossbow types together and separating Pavise into an armor class and shield class.  Both are valid options, as at some point in a limited game like this there will be overlap no matter which direction you choose to take and it is really just a matter of opinion.  This is one of those instances.
(02-09-2017, 06:09 AM)Winter Wrote:
(02-09-2017, 06:01 AM)Sharmastyle Wrote: The worst thing that has happened to this game was making 4 classes...well besides real-world trading.

Nah man, the worst thing was adding hero classes because they were redundant over the four base classes and hybrids.  It just made commandos more commando-y or overlap with pikeman and made other stuff overlap with commando.

/s

Repeaterman is not counter-intuitive over Chosen Marksman.  What part of Chosen Marksman means specializing in crossbows?  It means you are a marksman.  A marksman would be a master of accurate weapons, not all of them, no?  Repeaterman sounds like the one that would use repeater weapons to me tbh.  I don't suppose a marksman would be especially skilled with a sword or a M61 Vulcan.

Sentry is about as pointless as Aventurier and Duelist.  Hey wait a second...  RIP Duelist.

It is disappointing that Hoplite hitboxes are not working.  I thought they were working upon release.

It seems you have gotten into an odd position in which you simultaneously have too many items, so there is no reason to have them, yet you also don't have enough items for rich players to spend their money on to stimulate the economy.  I'll let Woody and Sharma argue this one out Big Grin

Only thing I paid attention to and didn't zone out was your last sentence, wind bag as usual. Nice to have you commenting on forums again turd fergusson  :Angel: Also completely agree with it, the last sentence that is...only thing that well a well formed opinion and 100% suming up what is going on in NI right now.
MP - Warden - Sentinel - Zwei - Legio - RG

Steam  Legendaries

Feel free to add on steam for trades.
(03-09-2017, 03:45 AM)Sharmastyle Wrote:
(02-09-2017, 06:01 AM)Sharmastyle Wrote: The worst thing that has happened to this game was making 4 classes...well besides real-world trading.

Nah man, the worst thing was adding hero classes because they were redundant over the four base classes and hybrids.  It just made commandos more commando-y or overlap with pikeman and made other stuff overlap with commando.

/s

Repeaterman is not counter-intuitive over Chosen Marksman.  What part of Chosen Marksman means specializing in crossbows?  It means you are a marksman.  A marksman would be a master of accurate weapons, not all of them, no?  Repeaterman sounds like the one that would use repeater weapons to me tbh.  I don't suppose a marksman would be especially skilled with a sword or a M61 Vulcan.

Sentry is about as pointless as Aventurier and Duelist.  Hey wait a second...  RIP Duelist.

It is disappointing that Hoplite hitboxes are not working.  I thought they were working upon release.

It seems you have gotten into an odd position in which you simultaneously have too many items, so there is no reason to have them, yet you also don't have enough items for rich players to spend their money on to stimulate the economy.  I'll let Woody and Sharma argue this one out Big Grin

Only thing I paid attention to and didn't zone out was your last sentence, wind bag as usual. Nice to have you commenting on forums again turd fergusson  :Angel: Also completely agree with it.

I'm very bored while waiting for things that I want to be doing.  If I don't use enough words, I can't address everything.  I'm not sure which part of your statement is banter, but I'll assume it is "turd fergusson" and "wind bag" Tongue  I don't know what you are saying you agree with, I wish you used more words :X
(03-09-2017, 03:49 AM)Winter Wrote:
(03-09-2017, 03:45 AM)Sharmastyle Wrote:

/s

Only thing I paid attention to and didn't zone out was your last sentence, wind bag as usual. Nice to have you commenting on forums again turd fergusson  :Angel: Also completely agree with it.

I'm very bored while waiting for things that I want to be doing.  If I don't use enough words, I can't address everything.  I'm not sure which part of your statement is banter, but I'll assume it is "turd fergusson" and "wind bag" Tongue  I don't know what you are saying you agree with, I wish you used more words :X
"It seems you have gotten into an odd position in which you simultaneously have too many items, so there is no reason to have them, yet you also don't have enough items for rich players to spend their money on to stimulate the economy."

Just as irl with a struggling economy you have either the super rich or super power. You have people with 500mil or 500k. There is no middle class. A healthy middle class is the sign of a healthy economy in an economy. Clearly we are talking of a virtual economy, and a little silly one at that based off of lotto rolls and crafting, but an economy nonetheless. So when we're in the end game now, that's where we stand. No middle class; and that sir, is the definition of a shit economy. 

Now it's almost impossible to even sell anything, there's no middle class whatsoever. You're either selling open trooper helmets like someone I know is doing, or you're selling top tier gear. GG.

Steam  Legendaries

(03-09-2017, 04:13 AM)Sharmastyle Wrote: Just as irl with a struggling economy you have either the super rich or super power. You have people with 500mil or 500k. There is no middle class. A healthy middle class is the sign of a healthy economy in an economy. Clearly we are talking of a virtual economy, and a little silly one at that based off of lotto rolls and crafting, but an economy nonetheless. So when we're in the end game now, that's where we stand. No middle class; and that sir, is the definition of a shit economy. 

Now it's almost impossible to even sell anything, there's no middle class whatsoever. You're either selling open trooper helmets like someone I know is doing, or you're selling top tier gear. GG.

Very true, my dude. California is having similar problems with their middle class all moving out and living costs skyrocketing. Only the very poor and very rich will be left if this keeps up. Hey wait a second, that sounds like NI too! :O
(03-09-2017, 04:17 AM)Winter Wrote:
(03-09-2017, 04:13 AM)Sharmastyle Wrote: Just as irl with a struggling economy you have either the super rich or super power. You have people with 500mil or 500k. There is no middle class. A healthy middle class is the sign of a healthy economy in an economy. Clearly we are talking of a virtual economy, and a little silly one at that based off of lotto rolls and crafting, but an economy nonetheless. So when we're in the end game now, that's where we stand. No middle class; and that sir, is the definition of a shit economy. 

Very true, my dude.  California is having similar problems with their middle class all moving out and living costs skyrocketing.  Only the very poor and very rich will be left if this keeps up.  Hey wait a second, that sounds like NI too! :O
Cool .

TBH legendary week and dolling out everyone free legendaries to get them to end game was the beginning of the end. Neways. GG winter. Also clearly I overthink things  Big Grin

Also, if your having problems in Cali just go ahead and send some letters to your local representatives since the current administration is crap.

Steam  Legendaries

(03-09-2017, 04:24 AM)Sharmastyle Wrote: Cool .

TBH legendary week and dolling out everyone free legendaries to get them to end game was the beginning of the end. Neways. GG winter.

Also, if your having problems in Cali just go ahead and send some letters to your local representatives since the current administration is crap.

Legendary Week seemed like a good idea at the time, but it was definitely taken to the extreme. The drop system had way more kinks than I could have ever imagined and to be frank, it still doesn't work the way it should. That was my mistake.

Nah, lol, already out of Cali.
(03-09-2017, 03:15 AM)Winter Wrote: As you may note, all of my arguments were focused at deconstructing your logic and showing how it is flawed and could be used to support the opposite side.

I'm glad somebody has taken up the mantle of arguing with Woody.
Quote Board is on Discord (last updated 2023.09.07)
"When I feel bad, I read your quote board." - Corndog

Tofu: People call Tricksters racist, yet we have the most Muslim members of any house.
PCK: If Islam is a religion of peace, and Tricksters have the most Muslims, then is House of Tricksters the house of peace?
Falankos: I always knew that we were the good guys.
(13-09-2017, 03:56 PM)Malong Wrote:
(03-09-2017, 03:15 AM)Winter Wrote: As you may note, all of my arguments were focused at deconstructing your logic and showing how it is flawed and could be used to support the opposite side.

I'm glad somebody has taken up the mantle of arguing with Woody.

Only when bored.  I still like it better when you do it  Blush