Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

[Closed] Barricade Bug - Flying
Huhu Smile
i know it's normal that you can bug yourself in cades, but what's that?

My friend was perm. flying around like a bird  Huh
He died through an "Throwing Axe" (pew pew Headshot) in the air.
I don't think this is normal, so i'm going to make this thread.

[Image: 7bc4hlr6.jpg]
Lvl 52 Master Peltast (HoS_Julianator); Lvl 52 Warden (HoS_Julianator-II); Lvl 52 Sharpshooter ( HoS_Julianator-IV); Lvl 52 Royal Guard ( HoS_Guardinator)

Legendary drops:

06.07.2016 Griffon Bascinet
09.05.2018 Griffon Bascinet

Unlucky - Plz do not bully me

Sometimes when a character gets stuck in barricades (or also bots stuck on scene props even), the client and server de-sync and the client starts showing the character (or bot) wandering off and then snapping back to a fixed point.  This is because the server thinks the character is stuck but the client thinks the character can still move. The true location is determined by the server which is why killing a stuck bot, for instance, requires you to guess where the server thinks the bot is rather than where the client displays it.

In other words, that player wasn't actually flying and shouldn't have any sort of unfair height advantage when attacking the bots (not to mention accuracy while stuck is generally horrible).
CC_Warden_Kip | CC_Sentinel_Kip | CC_Guard_Kip | CC_Zweihander_Kip | CC_Marksman_Kip | CC_Pavise_Kip | CC_Peltast_Kip | CC_Marauder_Kip | others...
You describe the normal case, yes.
But what happen, if the guy isn't "snapping back to a fixed point".
He was like 30sec in the air and got killed there.

I know it doesn't sound really realistic.
Is there no chance that there's a problem with the map?

I'm just wondered about this case. Normally everybody get back after a few seconds...
Lvl 52 Master Peltast (HoS_Julianator); Lvl 52 Warden (HoS_Julianator-II); Lvl 52 Sharpshooter ( HoS_Julianator-IV); Lvl 52 Royal Guard ( HoS_Guardinator)

Legendary drops:

One way you can check if he is actually there is to shoot at him. If you get friendly fire damage, something is very wrong and he is actually flying. If the shots go straight through, the client just got very confused and didn't bother to even snap him back in place from time to time. (The bots are controlled by the server so they will always know where to aim.) I checked the map and there aren't any barriers that he could have been standing on there.
CC_Warden_Kip | CC_Sentinel_Kip | CC_Guard_Kip | CC_Zweihander_Kip | CC_Marksman_Kip | CC_Pavise_Kip | CC_Peltast_Kip | CC_Marauder_Kip | others...
(26-04-2018, 05:49 PM)Kip Wrote: One way you can check if he is actually there is to shoot at him. If you get friendly fire damage, something is very wrong and he is actually flying. If the shots go straight through, the client just got very confused and didn't bother to even snap him back in place from time to time. (The bots are controlled by the server so they will always know where to aim.) I checked the map and there aren't any barriers that he could have been standing on there.

Thank you for your answer/help Smile

Legendary drops: