Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

Nordic Giants as new enemy type?
I was thinking about a way to flesh out the Nordic roster, and harkening back to ancient mythologies, i thought, why not frost giants?

What i had in mind was a slow moving adversary that comes in Three forms ; (Nordic) Giant, Giant militia and Armored Giant.

Nordic Giant would be a semi-slow opponent (fastest of the bunch) with a spiked mace for a weapon.

Giant militia would be more armored, Sporting some form of scale armor and a large wooden mallet.

Armored Giant would be the last tier, champions of Jötunheimr, armed with thick plate armor and stone mauls.

These would not come as one wave but rather as random enemies in the other ones. They would be slower than most, but not at a snail pace, and arguably would only appear on either Hard or Ragnarök, especially the armored ones.

Stats wise? i dont have a clue, i suppose they would be slow but deadly, mostly dealing damage via Knockback and Knockdowns.

So what do you think?

[I know there´s a dedicated forum for these types of posts, but i havent been using the forum for months, so pardon the misplacement]

Attached Files
.jpg   20181110122309_1.jpg (Size: 343.71 KB / Downloads: 67)
"Warriors of the World" x2 Ragnar x1 Prince 1x Loki
Imagine they manage to get to our paper cades haha
[Image: wQXN2eq.png]
As far as I can know they are present in the form of Jotne and Fire Jotne
Loot:
Fiendish bow 17
Excalibur 18
Defender Armour 18
Eastern Full Scale 18
Glory 19
Dead Shot 19
Leather Overmail 19
Gloves of Vidar 20
Twigs of Iggdrasil 20
Shop
Steam
Bannerlord is a drunkard's bottle fight
We have tried to make the Revenant (Halloween challenge mode boss) to be larger then the normal troops. The problem we faced is that the hitboxes would be messed up. Also the larger enemy would have trouble hitting players with melee weapons, this is sadly a limitation of the Warband engine.

I do like the screenshot as they look like fearless warriors and perhaps with only sightly increasing the height of the bot it shouldn't for the AI to work.

May I ask what mod the screenshot was taken from?
there is a mod called 'last days of third age' on steam workshop which the whole mod has different sized units (from little goblins to giants) that mod had something to handle the limitation of the warband. i do not remember what was used for that but you may find something about this situaiton if you look it up mate
Warsword conqest
Loot:
Fiendish bow 17
Excalibur 18
Defender Armour 18
Eastern Full Scale 18
Glory 19
Dead Shot 19
Leather Overmail 19
Gloves of Vidar 20
Twigs of Iggdrasil 20
Shop
Steam
Bannerlord is a drunkard's bottle fight
Perisno mod has a playable race of giants.
Join the Nords!

Characters:
Chosen Marksman - Zweihander - Juggernaut - Hoplite

Loot: Old Boots, Crooked Stick, Bent Sword
(19-01-2019, 01:44 PM)Kaasovic Wrote: We have tried to make the Revenant (Halloween challenge mode boss) to be larger then the normal troops. The problem we faced is that the hitboxes would be messed up. Also the larger enemy would have trouble hitting players with melee weapons, this is sadly a limitation of the Warband engine.

I do like the screenshot as they look like fearless warriors and perhaps with only sightly increasing the height of the bot it shouldn't for the AI to work.

That would be from the Perisno mod in the workshop, as it has two Groups of giants.
"Warriors of the World" x2 Ragnar x1 Prince 1x Loki
(19-01-2019, 01:44 PM)Kaasovic Wrote: We have tried to make the Revenant (Halloween challenge mode boss) to be larger then the normal troops. The problem we faced is that the hitboxes would be messed up. Also the larger enemy would have trouble hitting players with melee weapons, this is sadly a limitation of the Warband engine.

For example in the Full Invasion 2 mod, there are giants and their hitboxes even work well.

And also, the developers even have a fix for the DC Stat loss problem.
Just a thought on the matter: Actual giants would be extremely easy targets for archers/ranged, so they would have to be extremely tough to pose any threat to players, which would in turn make them a real pain for melee troops to deal with. It's something the developers of 'The last days of the third age' are trying to deal with right now actually - trolls in that mod recently went from being laughably easy to kill to almost invincible (ruining the whole game experience for some players).

I do like the idea of new types of enemies that can alter the gameplay a bit though