Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

Thor............
The answer is simple then, save all the cades until Thor, and just shield wall everything up to him and hope it buys the ranged enough time to pop him. Those new bows might help a lot, as well as the repeater if he gets close enough, jarids might work too.
#20108       SK_Iron_Marauder ;  Previously SK_Iron, SK_Ironhill, SB_Ironhill, Swadius_of_Ironhills
#2462148    SK_Mica ; Previously Fat_and_Ugly
#2441007    SK_Royal_Guard_Gneiss ; Previously SK_Herr_Gneiss_Preasts
#2451456    SK_Hardy_Meat_Piston
#2432942    Raicho
#2514714    Ric_Flair

i understand you point barristan but think of the quest "legacy of a hero" now it is nearly impossible for a comando to complete this quest exept he grabs a ranged weapon and lands the last hit with much luck since he can't aim so well
(02-02-2013, 01:59 AM)Barristan link Wrote: ...
Thanks for your long explanation, but you said the commando is a kind of tank (holds enemies from characters with lesser armor / without shield). So why is he dying instantly from the Thor aoe ?
Dont get me wrong i really love the new changes but a commando cant even sacrifice himself for the team and hold Thor for a few seconds.
If its possible i would suggest commandos survive more than one wave, so he can actually fulfill his role.
Thank you for taking the time to explain in more detail where you are coming from as regard Thor and the other changes Smile

and yes i do agree that adapting and being able to change tactics mid game does either make or break a team.

my one reservation with this though something i did consider putting in the original post but wanted to keep it simple is what tactics it encourages. for me it has seemed to encourage tome/barrel spam which either makes me crash or fall through floors lol.

but i do understand that this is a player choice and not anything you forced us to do so..........

but again thanks for your reply:
Stern ^^
"Free searching, self perfecting" Ⓐ

Blacksmith 16 Armorsmith 19 alchemist 19
(02-02-2013, 01:59 AM)Barristan link Wrote: From the point of view of the devs, not every enemy is designed to be beaten by every class. Thor is clearly one of the most difficult opponents, even more so for a commandoes. Just as some of our turtle enemies are not designed to be fought by Snipers and how pikeman are highly vulnerable to snipers.

NI is a game like of rock, paper and scissors. It's like a cavalryman complaining that he has trouble fighting pikes. Or a tank commander complaining about combat engineers and their mines. The game is in balance when all arms are combined for battle. We designed it this way, it is reflective of how combined arms should work in cooperative gaming.

Even on the Thor wave you are still dependent on commandoes because of his chosen. The Thor wave is basically one of the only waves in NI that makes teams work in strategies other than the shield wall. Something large sections of the community have wanted for a while. Now when we implement this, on a couple of waves, we get complaints.

On just about every other hard mode wave, the shield wall is more vital. The endurance and strength of commandoes are both more vital than they have ever been. Facing the upgraded Jotne's, the straightened prince and even Heimdallr, commandoes have become more important to victory. Complaining that you need to adapt and that you feel useless, because on one wave, adaptability is key, gives me the impression you might have missed the point of many of the changes. It is the intention of the development team, to keep the player base on its collectives toes, to favor those teams on servers who work best together. A team that can go from wall to flexibility to wall again, deserves to be successful. Those players that are equally flexible will also find themselves among the successful.

So I wish you good hunting, good teamwork and many great NI memories as you take on these new challenges together.

I hope this helps you understand where we are coming from and that you get that we are listening to the community and trying to give them the challenges they need and have for so long wanted.

All these changes are (for me at least) understandable and I like them! As I said in another thread I feel like in the earlier times of nord invasion when the goal was to SEE Thor and not to DEFEAT him. Great job, how you did it, you expect more teamwork now and it is fine the way it is! Smile

Drunken
But just to let you guys know i do like the changes i love the fact that all bosses  and some mobs have crush through. for me crush through makes shielding more dangerous and more fun Big Grin.

Maybe my concearn was to hasty as regard Thor, but like kami has said it would be nice even if we could sacrifice ourselves for the team and im sure there is a way we can do that with more thought .

Anyway ill give it some thought and see if i can make my commando more usefull fighting thor and not just hoping the others kill him so i can shield chosen Big Grin

One must remember, everything in NI changes sooner or later. Who knows what the future will bring... What I will remind the community is (and I am not pointing this at anyone in particular); we like constructive criticism, not rage. Rage posts make us want to make things harder Wink
Give a man a fish, and you have fed him for a day. Teach him how to fish, and he will continue fishing even if you give him a fish.
- Fingus
i understand hyper infact  i was under the impression this was still BETA but i might be wrong? so constructive criticism or Feedback ^^ was essential

anyway i hope my post wasnt considered a rage post as that wasnt my intention Tongue

Quote:_Sternbraid link=topic=9600.msg78384#msg78384 date=1359801709]my one reservation with this though something i did consider putting in the original post but wanted to keep it simple is what tactics it encourages. for me it has seemed to encourage tome/barrel spam which either makes me crash or fall through floors lol.

I agree completely that this is a temptation. Which is why we have made most of the rarest item drops on the followers and support units of the more difficult waves. As we mentioned this in the patch notes we are working on ways to reduce the incentives for players to barrel waves.

Quote:i understand you point barristan but think of the quest "legacy of a hero" now it is nearly impossible for a comando to complete this quest exept he grabs a ranged weapon and lands the last hit with much luck since he can't aim so well

Interesting point, will take a look a look at this.
(02-02-2013, 09:26 AM)Hablam link Wrote: i understand you point barristan but think of the quest "legacy of a hero" now it is nearly impossible for a comando to complete this quest exept he grabs a ranged weapon and lands the last hit with much luck since he can't aim so well

Infan5ry are also much less likely to get drops too, perhaps impossible on the Thor wave since everyone that volunteers to shield will die before Thor is killed.
#20108       SK_Iron_Marauder ;  Previously SK_Iron, SK_Ironhill, SB_Ironhill, Swadius_of_Ironhills
#2462148    SK_Mica ; Previously Fat_and_Ugly
#2441007    SK_Royal_Guard_Gneiss ; Previously SK_Herr_Gneiss_Preasts
#2451456    SK_Hardy_Meat_Piston
#2432942    Raicho
#2514714    Ric_Flair