Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

whai
no HA anymore? why is this?
HAHAHA. there's your ha. no seriously, what does the acronym stand for?
HA = Horse Archer

It was probably for balance reasons.
ba da bing ba da BAN! -Hypernoma
Ah. Well in Native I don't think you can use longbow/war bow on horse. And blame Hospitallier_Dan for ruining it lol he would kite all the enemies and shoot them forever.
(21-01-2012, 01:00 AM)brave_chicken link Wrote: Ah. Well in Native I don't think you can use longbow/war bow on horse. And blame Hospitallier_Dan for ruining it lol he would kite all the enemies and shoot them forever.

I think Worm seeing him soloing 5-6 rounds in Hard Mode made them realized it isn't hard mode for everyone ...
Whenever a balance issue arises they solve it by nerfing the class that is at advantage...nobody wins in that scenario. Why not beef up the other classes? I've noticed archers having a very easy time soloing hard mode, but I can't even get past wave 1 without teammates as commando. The sniper is a better archer than the enemy, but we're shit compared to their melee troops.
Horse Archers have been a potential issue that have caught my eye a while ago, as I tried one myself for quite a long time. It wasn't that much of an issue though as no one really used it, but with the release of hardmode and the 52 level cap horse archery has really shown how overpowered it is against the AI. Horse archers are able to solo stuff, even in hardmode, way to easily because of how poorly the AI work. Our intention is certainly not for anyone to be able to be a solo machine and breeze through our content by themselves, and as horse archers was getting more and more popular due to how easy it was to solo we had to take action. Unfortunately this action is removing it because we can't really balance the AI to deal with them and their kiting.

(21-01-2012, 11:09 AM)brave_chicken link Wrote: Whenever a balance issue arises they solve it by nerfing the class that is at advantage...nobody wins in that scenario. Why not beef up the other classes? I've noticed archers having a very easy time soloing hard mode, but I can't even get past wave 1 without teammates as commando. The sniper is a better archer than the enemy, but we're shit compared to their melee troops.

If we were to buff everything to keep everyone in line we would in turn have to buff all the content to not make it to easy and if we kept doing this we would reach hard caps on what can be done really fast.

I know alot of you think of "nerfs" as a negative thing, but our intention is to create balance between players, classes and the AI. It's certainly not to screw anyone over.
I know what would fix the weak commando problem - Option to buy the str cap (from melee exp) cap off at level 39.
I support the nerfing of cavalry in all forms within nord invasion.

Others may disagree with me and i welcome your views however i'm of the opinion that out of all the classes cavalry is the one that lends itself more to not playing as a team.

There are exceptions to this obviously, occasionally you will get a really good cav player who knows he is part of a team and so can kite properly, leading large groups of enemies away and then letting them trickle away to be killed by the the rest of the team. In my experience these people are the exception rather than the rule however. (although ive seen people like lord hande do this quite well)

basically I think that too many cav players are essentially rambo's who, as conq says, can last far too long on their own through simply running away (and buggering off. get the reference? Tongue)

polite rebuttals of this please.

thanks.
And when we get to heaven,
To st peter we will tell,
One more soldier reporting sir,
Iv'e served my time in hell.

contribute to the weapon progression documentationL http://forum.nordinvasion.com/index.php/...g8846.html
(21-01-2012, 12:36 PM)Conqueror_Worm link Wrote: I know alot of you think of "nerfs" as a negative thing, but our intention is to create balance between players, classes and the AI. It's certainly not to fuck anyone over.
I appreciate how difficult it is to keep balance and think you guys are doing an awesome job Smile Keeping archers as archers, cav as cav and inf as inf promotes teamwork IMO and people will get so much further if they get their heads out their asses and start working together. There is a teamspeak server for a reason...
Give a man a fish, and you have fed him for a day. Teach him how to fish, and he will continue fishing even if you give him a fish.
- Fingus