Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

New quest ideas
Hello there,
Thought about some new possible quests while playing on hard mode today, considering that there are only few "hard-only"-quests compared to normal mode. Trying to think of more possible quests, which is why I am going to keep this first post updated as an overview. So here we go:

1) Title: "Follow this!"
Text: Something like "Blablabla, followers.. blablabla dangerous.. make them follow their precious whelps into doom.. blablabla"
Requirement: Kill 25 followers of each, Hati, Skoll and Vanagandr
Reward: Considering their strength that matches Valkyries, 5000 denar seems to be a fair reward. Instead of any craftables or materials you could gain 50 faction points by fulfilling this quest.
Repeatable every 5 days

2) Title: "Noone likes them, anyway.."
Text: Something like "Tough ones.. blablabla.. keep your head down.. blablabla.. and as if that was not enough, they don't carry any useful items for the defense of Swadia with them.. blablabla.. kill them!"
Requirements: Kill 100 shieldmaidens. Yes, that does sound like a lot, but you get to see them quite often and maybe this way the ones hating them won't stop doing that so soon. It would also keep people being motivated to kill them.
Reward: No gold, as maidens drop some of that themselves. But the reward could be something you'd identify them with. Steel, because they seem to be made of it, colour fits aswell. Or some semi-rare materials (1x wood of glasir or 1x water of hvergelmir, f.e.), following the thought that shieldmaidens should be guarding something.
Repeatable every 7 days

3) Title: "Even your gods won't protect you!"
Text: Something like "In the presence of their gods the nord seem to be fighting even more fiercely! If this keeps going on, we won't be abled to stand ground against them. You are hereby orderd to slay their acolytes on the battle field. Show them what you will earn for following the false gods! Breaking their battle priest's necks will break their fighting spirit!"
Requirements: Kill 30 battle priests
Reward: The church is rich, this service to Swadia should be rewarded with 5000 denars and acknowledgement, 100 faction points to be more precisely.
Repeatable every 7 days

4) Title: "Foreign affairs" or "Bloodmoney"
Text: Something like "Even the other realms, that are not directly involved in this conflict, seem to pose a threat to our homelands these days. Several sightings of foreign mercenaries have been confirmed. Money, greed and lust for blood have raised armies in our neighbourhood. Right now we are only facing few and rather unprofessional foes and we should take care that it stays that way! You are hereby ordered to hunt down these mercenaries, thus demonstrating that one will pay a high prize to attack our lands!"
Requirements: We got several mercenary-gangs in this game, like mercenary seargants (Rhodok), steppe Archer (Khergit), eastern adventurer/eastern elite mercenary (Sarranid), varangian guards (forgot their name, actually..) and so on and so on. For this quest you should have to kill 10 of any of these mercenaries (or even higher numbers per kind, considering that it's a sign, so it has to be a significant number to make sense).
Reward: Shoot me, got no idea. Cash seems appropriate, considering they're mercenaries and should have their pockets full of money. Considering their heritage, they could also carry some specific materials/weapons, which could make a nice reward aswell.

5) Title: "You did not see THAT coming, eh?" (Heimdallr is said to have excellent eyes, ears and stuff, ideal guardian with great anticipation skills)
Text: Something like "Things are getting serious as of now, as our scouts have reported actual gods of the Nord transcending to earth. Up to this point sightings of Heimdallr have been confirmed, trying to establish a beachhead in our very lands. We can not let that happen, you have to stop their gods from transcending to Calradia! Knock Heimdallr out of our homelands, give them a taste of what will happen upon setting their oh-so-divine feet onto our ground!"
Requierements: Kill Heimdallr 5 times
Reward: Heimdallr is the 5th boss counting from sarge, so Id say "Dead at the top"-reward x 5, or in other words: 2500 denar and 125 faction points.
Repeatable every 5 days

Might aswell add some champion huscarls to the quest, seeing that theyre part of the vanguard and it would actually fit; reward might need to be raised then, tho. It may be also true that Heimdallr is already part of the "Legacy of a hero"-quest, but so is the sargeant.
Repeatable every 5 days

6) Title: "WE are the champions!"
Text: Something like "Ok, listen up: This is a direct assignment of our beloved Queen! Talks of supposedly brave nord warriors, considering themselves champions have reached her grace's ears and she is not amused! She is fully convinced that IF there are any champions on the battlefield, it's got to be our soldiers. And you do know very well how much our beloved Queen likes to be in the wrong.. Anyway, you better adjust this estimation of hers on the battle field. Go out there and become the true champions!".
Requierements: Kill 50 nord champions
Reward: No idea, really.. it's an assignment of the queen, so money would make sense.. or something pretty, like some sparkly necklaces. Another thing that might work out is something reputation in the queens eyes -> faction points; some assist exp might spice up the reward a little.
Repeatable every 5 days

Well.. so, that's it for now, maybe there's more to come, thanks for reading!
RubianVendris - master peltast - level 17 alchemist
SirMottarionVendris - comando/militia/crossbowman - level 17 blacksmith
DargomVendris - sniper/infantry - level 20 armorsmith
EnaraVendris - sharpshooter - alibi-alchemist
Maybe number one should include Nord Followers, just for fun? Smile Anyways, great quests! I personally love the mercenary one.
CC_Sir_Yabu - lvl 52 Wielder of the Rectal Glory
CC_Dr_Yabu - lvl 52 Pokémon
CC_Yabu_the_Hutt - lvl 52 Space Mob Member
CC_Yabudabadoo - lvl 39 Pacifist
CC_Dyabu_Unchained - lvl 10 No Comment
Visit my shop IKEY!
I personally would not mind that, but considering that there already is a usual follower quest and they follow a seargant and no mythical offspring of Fenrir it might not fit that good. But thanks for reading&liking!  Smile
Really like the shield maiden quest since they're so bloody annoying(Knockdown spam and deafening battle cry). Also, I would suggest toning down how many need to be slain since shield maidens are stronger than your average bear and usually knockdown spam any foolish enough to get w/i melee range.
Broad shouldered: LatinaHeat
Soft hands: Murrow
Soiled hands: Lantice
Queenie: Phe
Morale Tent: Ailish, Buki, Chasia,
(04-08-2012, 09:06 AM)Legend link Wrote:and you are a sex-object murrow  :Smile (and a guy who's a woman..)
(03-03-2013, 02:37 AM)Murrow link Wrote: Really like the shield maiden quest since they're so bloody annoying(Knockdown spam and deafening battle cry). Also, I would suggest toning down how many need to be slain since shield maidens are stronger than your average bear and usually knockdown spam any foolish enough to get w/i melee range.
I think 100 is pretty fair, seeing they have a 7/9 chance of spawning in wave 2, so you'll see them around a lot, and the reward suggested is pretty handsome.
I was never here, you saw nothing...

Motivational tip: When you wake up in the morning, look in the mirror and say confidently, "That's a nice head you have on your shoulders."
5k is a bit of a pittance once you're in hard mode. Getting one or two hardened metal from wave one would already earn you that much and more.
#20108       SK_Iron_Marauder ;  Previously SK_Iron, SK_Ironhill, SB_Ironhill, Swadius_of_Ironhills
#2462148    SK_Mica ; Previously Fat_and_Ugly
#2441007    SK_Royal_Guard_Gneiss ; Previously SK_Herr_Gneiss_Preasts
#2451456    SK_Hardy_Meat_Piston
#2432942    Raicho
#2514714    Ric_Flair

I really like the ones with the Followers and the Mercenaries, although the rewards might need some more consideration.
The rewards were of secondary importance to me, to be honest. I just thought I'd create some more hard mode-relevant quest ideas, give an outline and provide something to be discussed. Oh, and I really hate shieldmaidens and want one more reason to hunt them down.
(04-03-2013, 08:12 PM)Motte link Wrote: The rewards were of secondary importance to me, to be honest. I just thought I'd create some more hard mode-relevant quest ideas, give an outline and provide something to be discussed. Oh, and I really hate shieldmaidens and want one more reason to hunt them down.

Maybe slim it down to 50 shieldmaidens and 3 Heimdall kills.
Broad shouldered: LatinaHeat
Soft hands: Murrow
Soiled hands: Lantice
Queenie: Phe
Morale Tent: Ailish, Buki, Chasia,
(04-08-2012, 09:06 AM)Legend link Wrote:and you are a sex-object murrow  :Smile (and a guy who's a woman..)
Hmm, the moment I saw you writing "Heimdall" another idea came to my mind, the "Dead at the top"-equivalent for hard servers, if you'd like to consider it that way.. gonna add it to the original post, too.

Title: "You did not see THAT coming, eh?" (Heimdallr is said to have excellent eyes, ears and stuff, ideal guardian with great anticipation skills)
Text: Something like "Things are getting serious as of now, as our scouts have reported actual gods of the Nord transcending to earth. Up to this point sightings of Heimdallr have been confirmed, trying to establish a beachhead in our very lands. We can not let that happen, you have to stop their gods from transcending to Calradia! Knock Heimdallr out of our homelands, give them a taste of what will happen upon setting their oh-so-divine feet onto our ground!"
Requierements: Kill Heimdallr 5 times
Reward: Heimdallr is the 5th boss counting from sarge, so Id say "Dead at the top"-reward x 5, or in other words: 2500 denar and 125 faction points.
Repeatable every 5 days

Might aswell add some champion huscarls to the quest, seeing that theyre part of the vanguard and it would actually fit; reward might need to be raised then, tho. It may be also true that Heimdallr is already part of the "Legacy of a hero"-quest, but so is the sargeant.

@ Murrow: As for the changes you submitted: The actual decision if and how these quests are being implemented is up to the devs and I am pretty convinced that they do not only take the original idea, but also the triggered discussion into consideration. That is why I wont be editing much around here (I am also lazy, did I mention that?  8) ) and consider all comments in this thread as really valuable in the course of designing new quests.