Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

Poll: Do you agree with me?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes
76.92%
10 76.92%
No
15.38%
2 15.38%
Partly (Post an improvement idea if you tick this one.)
7.69%
1 7.69%
Total 13 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Rewards for Medics
Feel free to discuss about this, i am merely delivering a raw idea.

Every time you are using a medic box you get 5 gold and 25 assist xp, nothing special and absolutely not worth farming that way, but it will still help the community due to the motivation to become a medic.
(Bought my box for team-play reasons, but a mere minority wants to actually help each other.  Tongue )
i agree but maybe 10 rather than 25 because unless there i something that can be done to stop people from just sitting in a server and feeding a medic xp.
Anyone else wish that they could play from the nords perspective?
(24-01-2012, 03:34 AM)Aventori link Wrote: i agree but maybe 10 rather than 25 because unless there i something that can be done to stop people from just sitting in a server and feeding a medic xp.
I agree, 25 is too generous. In fact, any amount is too generous. If you give incentive beyond the fact that your teammates will stay alive and you in turn will get further and get better xp/loot, then people will just run around healing at the wrong times. They will heal whenever possible to get the maximum xp, instead of when the team is grouped together to get everyone healed at once. It's best that those who take the medic class do it for the right reasons. They will see that teamwork is beneficial to even support classes once they get to hard mode Wink
I have doubts about this. I would like the medic box to heal the medic himself a little bit or give a small xp reward but I don't know if the playerbase is mature enough to still use it for teamwork purposes then. I feel like we should give it a try in a patch and see how it works out.
I don't think the problem is xp, as everybody earn assit xp anyway, but if you don't make kills there is no chance you receive looted items, may be medics (and tinkerer ofc) could received a small part of what has win the players they are healing.
[URL=http://"http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P2W4FsDVKMY"]"Tu vois, le monde se divise en deux catégories, ceux qui ont un pistolet chargé et ceux qui creusent. Toi tu creuse. "[/URL]
Dont make it too complicated.  Wink
This is an idea I cannot agree with. As others before me have stated, players may begin to abuse medic boxes. If we go down this road, wouldn't the same kind of incentive be needed for tinkerers as well? Would throwing down ammo crates, then, have to be rewarded with assist and gold?

I believe the benefits of being a medic are self evident. Helping your team to higher waves in itself results in better assist experience gain. Having allies alive also means your survival is increased. The same applies for things like ammo crates and deployable shields. The reward is being able to reach a higher wave and being able to kill stronger enemies.
ba da bing ba da BAN! -Hypernoma
Tell that Everyone and I am going to lock this thread.  Wink
Its meant as a nominal sum in order to give people a little motivation for spending 6k buying a medic box.
Furthermore I have to agree with you, placing ammo crates should give just as much gold and xp as a medic box. (Forgot about them, I am not Tinkerer. Tongue)