Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

New Armours
Hello,

The house crafting is very new. I think that every armour is overpriced, compared with the stats of the armours. For example, it costs around 13 million to craft a Swadian Half Plate.

Imo, it's not worth it to ''waste'' all your mats/gold/legendaries on it. It only gives 2 more body armor and leg armor and it's lighter than the Transitional Armor. Which is ''only'' around 2.5million.

What needs to be changed: make it cheaper to craft or give it more body armor. I think that'd be more fair.

Just imagine you that you crafted the armour and then you think, mmm, I feel like I wasted everything on this.

Share your thoughts, please.
Sold my Volundr Great Sword at the 4th of May, 2014.

Steam: Sinister_Soldier
I agree they're a bit too pricy, but then again they count more as a way of showing off how rich you are than they are useful. You can better spend the money on some good weaponry instead of on those few extra armour points.

The con is that armour and look diversity are narrowed because of these high prices.

Imo.
Striker strikes again.

Absolutely not. This is indicative of a real problem with the mentality of NI players; you want everything given to you. I remembered when the first players had banded mail, the armour for everyone to strive for one day! I saved up for weeks with the hope of sphinx one day being able to craft me a set. If you are just given everything, what's the point in playing, what is there to aim for? It may only be a slight improvement on the previous armour, but transitional has been ingame for a very long time now, so of course it is cheaper...
Give a man a fish, and you have fed him for a day. Teach him how to fish, and he will continue fishing even if you give him a fish.
- Fingus
(20-03-2013, 07:06 PM)Hypernoma link Wrote:Absolutely not. This is indicative of a real problem with the mentality of NI players; you want everything given to you. I remembered when the first players had banded mail, the armour for everyone to strive for one day! I saved up for weeks with the hope of sphinx one day being able to craft me a set. If you are just given everything, what's the point in playing, what is there to aim for? It may only be a slight improvement on the previous armour, but transitional has been ingame for a very long time now, so of course it is cheaper...

I totally agree.
I agree with you sinister, a plate armor that is worthed more then an aurora blade/Fiendish = STRANGE ECONOMY  :Smile.
[move][align=center] S[color=blue]o[color=green]p[color=purple]h[color=brown]i[color=teal]e[/move]
[align=center][Image: whnwaa.jpg]
Striped armor is a lot cheaper than transitional armor. But why it is only a few points better!
[Image: gQUGcYN.gif?1]
I think it was a good idea to make the current highend-craftables very expensive and only a few points better than the cheaper ones, so the balance is secured and active players always have something they can work for (I see this more like a status-symbol) and people who are not lucky with legendary drops can save their money for them and get a item with a gold value/rarity which you can compare with some of the mid legendarys.

btw. the devs are not making the crafting material prices, we players control the economy, so e.g. maybe dont buy lumps for 80k  Wink

| We’re part of a story, part of a tale, sometimes beautiful, sometimes insane. |
(21-03-2013, 11:22 AM)Kigami link Wrote:btw. the devs are not making the crafting material prices, we players control the economy, so e.g. maybe dont buy lumps for 80k  Wink

I have to disagree on that point, devs very much control the economy by influencing drop chances and crafting lists.

By the way on the point of the armour not being that much better than a trans, I think devs also have to watch out not to make the players too overpowered.
Striker strikes again.

(21-03-2013, 05:56 PM)Lord Striker link Wrote:I have to disagree on that point, devs very much control the economy by influencing drop chances and crafting lists.

You are right Lord Striker, havent thought much about this, of course, devs are controlling the drop rates and with that the quantity of the materials on the auction hall.
But at last we decide what we are prepared to pay for it and it seems like most people are willing to pay these astronomical prices.

| We’re part of a story, part of a tale, sometimes beautiful, sometimes insane. |
(21-03-2013, 11:22 AM)Kigami link Wrote:I think it was a good idea to make the current highend-craftables very expensive and only a few points better than the cheaper ones, so the balance is secured and active players always have something they can work for (I see this more like a status-symbol) and people who are not lucky with legendary drops can save their money for them and get a item with a gold value/rarity which you can compare with some of the mid legendarys.

btw. the devs are not making the crafting material prices, we players control the economy, so e.g. maybe dont buy lumps for 80k  Wink
I agree with everything but the side-note in the end, as I think the players and devs together control the economy. Wink

To my real point. If the new armors had a more substantial increase in armor it would just increase the rift between the rich and the poor players.
CC_Sir_Yabu - lvl 52 Wielder of the Rectal Glory
CC_Dr_Yabu - lvl 52 Pokémon
CC_Yabu_the_Hutt - lvl 52 Space Mob Member
CC_Yabudabadoo - lvl 39 Pacifist
CC_Dyabu_Unchained - lvl 10 No Comment
Visit my shop IKEY!