Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

Craftable Bolts
Although I'm sure it's already been suggested at least once, I'd like to ask for craftable bolts for the crossbowman. And not just for the Sharpshooter, nut mostly for the earlier tiers. Why? When you take a look at the current available botls, here's how they go:
[table][tr][td]Tier 1: Bolts
Damage: +1 pierce
Quiver Size: 29
[/td]
  [td]Tier 2: Steel Bolts
Damage: +2 pierce
Quiver Size: 29
[/td]
  [td]Tier 3: Heavy Bolts
Damage: +8 pierce
Quiver Size: 50
[/td]
  [td]Tier 4: Unschratchable Gold Bolts
Damage: +10 pierce
Quiver Size: 60
[/td]
  [td]Legendary: Onyx Bolts
Damage: +15 pierce
Quiver Size: 65
[/td][/tr][/table]

I think this pretty much sums it up: tier 1 to tier 2 difference is very minor, and tier 2 to tier 3 gets you a 4x bigger damage bonus, and almost 2x bigger quiver, and the difference between Gold and Onyx is a whopping +5.
Now, these are my suggestions:
  1. Buff Steel Bolts, give them more damage (+3 for example) and ammo (35 or 40)
  2. Nerf Heavy Bolts down to +6 damage
  3. Add craftable bolts between normal Bolts and Steel Bolts
  4. Add craftable bolts between Steel Bolts and Heavy Bolts
  5. Add craftable bolts between Heavy Bolts and Gold Bolts
  6. Finally, add craftable bolts between Gold Bolts and Onyx Bolts
  7. Maybe, if possible, add different textures, as normal Bolts and Onyx Bolts for now are the only ones with different textures.
I believe this will add more variation to the Crossbowman's weapons, which I still think it needs Tongue
Thanks!
Maroon
I was never here, you saw nothing...

Motivational tip: When you wake up in the morning, look in the mirror and say confidently, "That's a nice head you have on your shoulders."
Yes, this has been brought up before. I am certainly a big fan of this idea though. A craftable bolt between gold and onyx at ~+12 damage is something a lot of people would like. (I also would not be surprised to see a dev come on to this thread and say 'coming soon in 0.5.0')

In response to your idea of adding in so many, I disagree with that part. Another set of craftable bolts for T3 onwards is a good idea. But for lower tiers no. The crossbow isn't exactly a simple piece of weaponry. The bolts used in early tiers, and as well as the crossbows themselves reflect this. A relatively new swadian would struggle using complex weaponry early. So yes to maybe some balancing of heavy bolt damage and add in a craftable around that damage. But no to all the others.

Note: This is just my own personal opinion, I am not saying your suggestion is bad, just this is my take on the feature request.
Blacksmith craftable bolts for t3 + house craftable bolts for t4 should be sweet. (even if it's different from archery branch, i.e. bronze = blacksmith craftable only).

And it's not difficult to change meshes since a lot of them already exist in warband.
(25-03-2013, 01:11 PM)Ragnash link Wrote: In response to your idea of adding in so many, I disagree with that part. Another set of craftable bolts for T3 onwards is a good idea. But for lower tiers no. The crossbow isn't exactly a simple piece of weaponry. The bolts used in early tiers, and as well as the crossbows themselves reflect this. A relatively new swadian would struggle using complex weaponry early. So yes to maybe some balancing of heavy bolt damage and add in a craftable around that damage. But no to all the others.

I understand your points, but I disagree that (historically, if that's what you meant with your point) the crossbow is a complicated weapon. Yes, it consists of more parts and hinges and weights than most weapons, but it was a weapon that was handed to militias, as it only took a few weeks to train them to use it, instead of a couple of years, as is the bow's case. I suggested adding this many craftables, partially because of the small differences the crossbows get on the earlier tiers, and because of the big amount of different arrows the Archer gets. Maybe it should be one craftable bolt less, but I'd prefer to see more differences in earlier tiers.

Edit: What I'd prefer to see:
Bolts, 1 damage
Craftable bolts 1, 2 damage
Steel bolts, 3 damage
Craftable bolts 2, 4 damage
Heavy Bolts, 6 damage
Craftable 3, 8 damage
Gold bolts, 10 damage
Craftable 4, 12-13 damage
Onyx bolts, 15 damage

Motivational tip: When you wake up in the morning, look in the mirror and say confidently, "That's a nice head you have on your shoulders."
The games premise is, there is no weeks to practice though, the nords are here, arm yourselves with what you can. I can agree with you in the respect about the bows taking a long to master. If given a bow or a crossbow, I would imagine a recruit would find it easier to fire a bow than a crossbow with very little training. But that is represented by the early bows in this mod being rubbish. An archer is a horrible damage dealer early. I can understand you want to even it out as the archer has more craftable arrows at lower tiers. Me personally again, would perhaps like to see some of these taken out, as you still see all archers using the same gear anyway. I just don't want time spent on something being implement, and then not used.
Need models.

Coming soon 0.6.0
Nothing is impossible, it's just a matter of determination and probability.

2nd Knight forever!

No longer active.
you guys are getting more and more creative, aren't ya? Tongue

(25-03-2013, 02:35 PM)Ragnash link Wrote: The games premise is, there is no weeks to practice though, the nords are here, arm yourselves with what you can. I can agree with you in the respect about the bows taking a long time to master. If given a bow or a crossbow, I would imagine a recruit would find it easier to fire a bow than a crossbow with very little training. But that is represented by the early bows in this mod being rubbish. An archer is a horrible damage dealer early. I can understand you want to even it out as the archer has more craftable arrows at lower tiers. Me personally again, would perhaps like to see some of these taken out, as you still see all archers using the same gear anyway. I just don't want time spent on something being implement, and then not used.

Fair enough, good points you're stating Tongue
Perhaps you are right saying there's no need for that much craftables, but we'll see what the team made of it in 0.5.0 Wink

I'm really not kidding,

If you want more bolts, find me some OSP models (or even better, make some Tongue).

Bolt models aren't all that common :/.
Nothing is impossible, it's just a matter of determination and probability.

2nd Knight forever!

No longer active.
*sigh*

Alright then, I've made some textures for new bolts. Could've spent my texturing skills on better things, I know, but a man's gotta do what a man's gotta do.

I'll send you the files in a bit, Senni.

http://gyazo.com/7867026c32a5277e6919e2024f395e70
Striker strikes again.

(25-03-2013, 08:19 PM)Lord Striker link Wrote: *sigh*

Alright then, I've made some textures for new bolts. Could've spent my texturing skills on better things, I know, but a man's gotta do what a man's gotta do.

I'll send you the files in a bit, Senni.

http://gyazo.com/7867026c32a5277e6919e2024f395e70
Omg why don't you work for Talewords? TALEWORLDS IS HIRING!
Steam - thebadmanFT