Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

Poll: Would you like to have the fourth weapon slot available for support item OR weapon?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes, I think it should be your choice to use a support item or the usual weapon.
52.63%
10 52.63%
No, I think players should be forced to use a support item or nothing at all.
42.11%
8 42.11%
This does not effect me, I don\'t really care either way.
5.26%
1 5.26%
Total 19 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Support Class Weapon Slot
Hi,

I love tactics and strategies so I am really looking forward to barricades and deployable shields and so forth!  However right now I am still a ways from getting the support class.  Problem?  One of my FOUR weapon slots is taken up by "support slot".  WHY?  I don't have a support slot but I really could use that weapon slot?  No other mod has decreased the number of weapon slots and for good reason.  I think that the fourth box should be OPTIONAL for a support item or a weapon.  I can only assume that the modders did this to limit the number of support items available in-game which I agree with but surely they could make it where the problem I have stated is rectified.

Thank you for reading,

Lethwin Far Seeker
I don't really understand your argument for wanting a fourth weapon slot, but if you want more information on the subject I suggest you take a look herehttp://forum.nordinvasion.com/index.php?...278.0.html
What don't you understand?  Look, my character is currently a heavy infantry.  I use a one handed weapon and shield most of the time but carry a long axe for killing peasants or defending baricades.  I also really like throwing weapons for the many situations that they are helpful in.  But there is the problem.     

One Handed Weapon
Roundshield
Long Axe
Light Throwing Axes ("I'm sorry you can't bring these unless you ditch one of your other weapons first"

Again, support class items should be optional and without curbing your combat options.
Ok, now I understand your situation. Assuming you don't want to adjust to the situation, there's only one advice I can give you; use your throwing axe as a one hander, default key is "X" for switching modes.
Support weapon slot is the way it is so that people use teamwork. The devs have expressed this as their opinion many times. If you really want something in that fourth weapon slot, pick something up: you can get good 2hers on the 6th wave assuming you get zerk/brute, you can get good shields then too, and at wave 8 (skirmishers), and you can also get throwing axes then.

Also, you do not need to be support class to use deployable shields. You can get them from the auction hall for under 1000, sometimes as cheap as 300. Or craft them as armorsmith with 8 wood, 3 cloth.
(28-01-2012, 08:10 PM)Fingus link Wrote:Ok, now I understand your situation. Assuming you don't want to adjust to the situation, there's only one advice I can give you; use your throwing axe as a one hander, default key is "X" for switching modes.

Thats exactly what I have been doing but light throwing axes are not much use in melee after a few waves and I would really like to have a decent one hander available.
(28-01-2012, 08:22 PM)brave_chicken link Wrote:Support weapon slot is the way it is so that people use teamwork. The devs have expressed this as their opinion many times. If you really want something in that fourth weapon slot, pick something up: you can get good 2hers on the 6th wave assuming you get zerk/brute, you can get good shields then too, and at wave 8 (skirmishers), and you can also get throwing axes then.

Also, you do not need to be support class to use deployable shields. You can get them from the auction hall for under 1000, sometimes as cheap as 300. Or craft them as armorsmith with 8 wood, 3 cloth.

I strongly support teamwork but the ultimatum of support item or nothing is absurd.  I'm not being weird for wanting a fourth weapon slot.  That slot has been around since the original M&B was created (I was in beta).  Searching the battlefield for a suitable weapon is a poor substitute compared to the recommended improvement.

While it is not relevant, your second paragraph makes me wonder, why players would spend the experience points for a support class when they can buy the items from the auction hall?
(28-01-2012, 09:10 PM)Lethwin_Far_Seeker link Wrote:[quote author=brave_chicken link=topic=1143.msg9716#msg9716 date=1327782132]
Support weapon slot is the way it is so that people use teamwork. The devs have expressed this as their opinion many times. If you really want something in that fourth weapon slot, pick something up: you can get good 2hers on the 6th wave assuming you get zerk/brute, you can get good shields then too, and at wave 8 (skirmishers), and you can also get throwing axes then.

I strongly support teamwork but the ultimatum of support item or nothing is absurd.  I'm not being weird for wanting a fourth weapon slot.  That slot has been around since the original M&B was created (I was in beta).  Searching the battlefield for a suitable weapon is a poor substitute compared to the recommended improvement.

While it is not relevant, your second paragraph makes me wonder, why players would spend the experience points for a support class when they can buy the items from the auction hall?
[/quote]
Deployable shields have been around for longer than the support classes. They have never required a support class to use. It's the medic boxes/ammo crates (which are disabled at the moment) that require support class to use.

Since original mount and blade, huh? It doesn't really matter...this is a mod. There have been mods without any customizable equipment, one slot is not a bug deal. Hell, you can get huscarl shields off the 3rd boss wave if it's that big a deal. You can't get better than that, except in hard mode where you find champion huscarl round shields. Your request is not absurd but neither is their implementation of the support slot. Archers are too lazy to fill up that slot with arrows by shooting one then dropping quiver and refilling etc, but with that slot open archers would never consider support. They would just spawn with arrows. And people like yourself would continue with the luxury of 3 weapons and a shield, when they really only need 1-2, possibly a shield.
(29-01-2012, 09:27 AM)brave_chicken link Wrote:[quote author=Lethwin_Far_Seeker link=topic=1143.msg9729#msg9729 date=1327785004]
[quote author=brave_chicken link=topic=1143.msg9716#msg9716 date=1327782132]

[/quote]
Deployable shields have been around for longer than the support classes. They have never required a support class to use. It's the medic boxes/ammo crates (which are disabled at the moment) that require support class to use.

Since original mount and blade, huh? It doesn't really matter...this is a mod. There have been mods without any customizable equipment, one slot is not a bug deal. Hell, you can get huscarl shields off the 3rd boss wave if it's that big a deal. You can't get better than that, except in hard mode where you find champion huscarl round shields. Your request is not absurd but neither is their implementation of the support slot. Archers are too lazy to fill up that slot with arrows by shooting one then dropping quiver and refilling etc, but with that slot open archers would never consider support. They would just spawn with arrows. And people like yourself would continue with the luxury of 3 weapons and a shield, when they really only need 1-2, possibly a shield.
[/quote]

It is not a big deal to those who it does not effect.  I understand your point about the archers, if so then don't change it for their class!  And it occured to me that having the support slot = the mount slot is a great idea otherwise you would have horsemen riding around with deployable shields.  But really its very realistic to have more than two weapons.  Historically a warrior might have a spear for cavalry, a sword for in fighting, shield for archers and melee, and a secondary weapon like an axe or dagger in case he lost his primary or needed a different weapon to utilize a weakness of his opponent.  While some players may be content with just owning everything with their two hander or sword and shield, I like using combinations.  I like the variety and tactics that it introduces. 

Again, I am not trying to tell people that my way is better, I would just like the OPTION.
I don't know what's your level but i'm pretty sure that once you will hit higher waves or hard mod you will forget about your throwing axes.
Seriously, there is really no need and no interest (except for fun) to have such weapon in your standard equipment to kill high tier bots.

btw, NI is not the first mod to limits slots, crpg made it one year ago.
[URL=http://"http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P2W4FsDVKMY"]"Tu vois, le monde se divise en deux catégories, ceux qui ont un pistolet chargé et ceux qui creusent. Toi tu creuse. "[/URL]