Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

Archers - Crossbow Question
Hello fellow ranged units,

I am new to NordInvasion and was curious on the progression of crossbows.

Based on the information gathered from Kong Ming's topic "Archer Class Progression Info" it would appear that, once past recruit, the bow would be a more logical choice over a crossbow, in both damage and reload, due to the significant increase per tier rank in Archery proficiency and the added bonus of Power Draw.

So I've got a few question:

1. Should the Crossbow proficiency be on equal grounds (Sniper tier - Archery = 315, Crossbow = 130) with the Archery proficiency or is the gap fine the way it is?

2. Would increasing xbow to the same proficiency as Archery at each tier make any difference (reticule aim, reload speed etc)?

3. Is the highest damage xbow equal to, less, or greater than the highest damage bow with the current proficiency/power draw levels?

4. What is the damage of the highest xbow and bow?

I would really appreciate your input and opinion on the power of an xbow in NordInvasion, since I am a huge fan of the weapon - bows and I never really hit it off.
Old, lazy Pavise Crossbowman. 
I used a siege xbow (looted) in hardmode yesterday , it was pretty effective i think its something 65 p damage with steel bolts.
25 is the highest damage bow at the moment. and if the siege bow does 65 might make it better yet shoots slower and cant move while reloading and less accurate.
(31-01-2012, 12:51 AM)Bilbo link Wrote: 25 is the highest damage bow at the moment. and if the siege bow does 65 might make it better yet shoots slower and cant move while reloading and less accurate.

You have to take into account the fact that Power Draw affects the damage of Bows while it does not for crossbows.

So if your crossbow has 65p damage, it will stay at 65p damage no matter how high your powerdraw or proficiency is.

Meanwhile, Bows get (if this mod has vanilla values) 10% damage increase for every points in power draw and about (if I remember right and if they use vanilla values again) 17.5% damage increase for every 100 points in proficiency.
And that is why there needs to be a high damage , slow xbow.