Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

Poll: While fallen players are waiting, would you like there to be a "duel pit"\PVP\arena where they can fight each other while waiting?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
YES!
63.33%
38 63.33%
No!
18.33%
11 18.33%
I don\'t think that can be implemented...
18.33%
11 18.33%
Total 60 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Nord Invasion V.S. cRPG
So yeah I, like all the other people with at least two watts of brain power, quit cRPG when they started the absurd equipment repair.  Then I started again because I had thought they removed it (and Defend the Virgin mode was awesome).  Then I quit again because I found that the equipment repair had been made to start at level 25.  This ruined the mod.  If you are at level 25 you probably have some cool gear (I hat full rus elite stuff) so unless you are massacring half of the enemy team single handed you can't make a profit.  When I discovered that your gear can become damaged without even being hit by anyone in battle, is when I officially pressed Alt-X.

Thankfully the development team of Nord Invasion has had the brains to avoid such an abhorred absurdity of modification.  I also give them credit for the excellent (if very lengthy) leveling process and skill improvement, along with the genius in-game funtions (shrine, ammo, medic, tinker, soup, etc).  However, cRPG had some good points. Aside wonderful number of armour, weapons, etc to choose from and a collection of well made maps.  I hope that the creators of Nord Invasion will learn from the good things that cRPG has (and not the bad) and use them to further improve this growing mod.

A question: would it be possible to (in future) incorporate player vs player battles (like in cRPG) in Nord Invasion?  I know that we are supposed to be Swadians (though I am a Nord fighting on your side so I may take my rightfull- well thats a different thread) loyal to eachother fighting against invading Nords, but I know that we have a creative dev team.  Hey, the Swadians were rather fond of tournaments you know!  ;D

Again, my compliments to the team.  Looking forward to many more waves,

Lethwin Far Seeker
may be a good idea, oh my god...

I got an awesome idea!!!!

why not putting every dead into a dueling pit? so there we could duel a bit between the round instead of waiting/reading/alt-tab on some internet thing.

isn't that great! PvP and a war against waiting!
hum.. any chess player?
hook me up on chess.com : my nickname is LeIsatis!
(31-01-2012, 11:32 PM)Isatis link Wrote: may be a good idea, oh my god...

I got an awesome idea!!!!

why not putting every dead into a dueling pit? so there we could duel a bit between the round instead of waiting/reading/alt-tab on some internet thing.

isn't that great! PvP and a war against waiting!

NOW THATS AN IDEA!!!
added in feature request thingy!

http://forum.nordinvasion.com/index.php?...l#msg10422

Big Grin
hum.. any chess player?
hook me up on chess.com : my nickname is LeIsatis!
While I would like the idea of a Duel server or something to play around on. It isn't top of the list of stuff which would make the mod better right now.
[align=center][Image: birdtalon.png]
(12-02-2012, 12:55 AM)Birdtalon link Wrote: While I would like the idea of a Duel server or something to play around on. It isn't top of the list of stuff which would make the mod better right now.

I completely understand.  Glad you like the idea though!
I think there should be a Battle gamemode (like cRPG) where players can just kill eachother team vs team and earn around the same amount of xp and gold for their kills and asists.
The idea is nice, but, manual blocking should be forced first. Otherwise every noob would block all your attacks with autoblock...
(27-02-2012, 06:49 PM)Patoson link Wrote: The idea is nice, but, manual blocking should be forced first. Otherwise every noob would block all your attacks with autoblock...

Not that pvp will happen. But block settings are set by server settings, not by the mod itself.  Wink