Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

Poll: Do you feel like the Devs are taking this mod in the right direction with the last couple of patches and map changes/removals?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes
62.71%
37 62.71%
No
37.29%
22 37.29%
Total 59 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Poll: Do you feel like the Devs are taking this mod in the right direction?
Please discuss your opinion on recent changes below. I for one am kind of getting annoyed with the constant removal of maps that have choke points as these provide great opportunities to use teamwork, especially in hard mode. I'm curious what other people's opinions are about the recent changes to Nord Invasion.
What people hate, is having to work harder to gain something. Citadel was constantly played just so low level can hide in the archer nest. They would join a server and poll it. Before that , it was Mountain Pass (which by the way is still there and has choke points ...) who was constantly polled because red shirts and people going AFK could stay behind the archers and commandos doing all the hard work. What happened next ? Town and too many abused deployable shields. The map was bugged, the ranged units would get stuck, making it way to easy to play Town and go to higher waves you wouldn't normally reach without that bug. It had to be fixed. I am sorry that you have to work harder to level up, but this was , in my honest opinion, a great move to fix this map.
Yes bug have to be fixed, but bug is in AI not in map. It seems it is really hard to alter bot AI behavior(only mod i remember, which do it is Prophecy of Pendor), so probably removing choke points is best working solution, considering limit of resources. But is archer get stuck bug so important, they stuck only on one condition if WHOLE team was staying between table with health regeneration and town gate, which is not possible without using huge amount of shields through spawn abusing to control movement of bots, because melee bots will just flank and force defenders to retreat.
Now Swadia Town is kind of the corridor map, only vital tactic for inf now is moving backward and doing double feints to trick bots. It is quite repetitive and boring. Im not against corridor map, often playing mountain pass, if i got bored i just changed to Swadia town and put shield wall under the gate. Bad thing now i have no this option.

As i said, i think clearing map of dep shield wall at the end of round will solve the spawn-dep shield wall abusing by definition. It can be done by restarting map after each round.

Also it is obvious that dep shields were not intended to be used as barricades, their purpose is to defend against archer fire, not to hold or control nords movement, so moving them to support slot is logic decision. But it seems people like the idea about to place and use barricades. Hope devs will make some more replacement for dep shields as barricades.
No, are destroying the mod, and they also deleted my thread about this, and replaced it with some guy saying he likes the changes...

Their vision of the game is not what we want to play...

They want us to stand around and get ran through by nords without any way of defending ourselves...

The censorship of deleting posts which ARE identifying the problem and trying to help... = HUGE FAIL.

You deleted my post, i didn't break any rules in it... 

That was the final straw...

watch they will delete this post too i bet, because it isnt some random guy going, yeah i like getting pwned by nords, and i love having our hiding spots removed, great job admin for making the map even more impossible each patch.... 

Warband Modder / Scener
Unity 3D Developer
Unreal 4 Developer

[WCS] WITCHCORESTUDIOS: Owner / Lead Developer

Current Standalone in progress: Warborn [ Medieval, Survival, Sandbox, MMO ] Assembled using Unity 3D 5

Contact for anything regarding anything: [STEAM]: [WCS] Warborn  [eMAIL]: witchcorestudios@gmail.com
Hey hey calm down now !

Swadian Town gate changed because ranged/throwing bots was unable to shoot you and they got stuck there by waiting.
If you want to suggest some changes for maps, do it in other forum section please.
We are not destroying the mod. We also did not delete your thread, it is simply closed. The reason that it was closed is that you were not giving constructive criticism, you were having a rant and expressing your views in immature manner that would serve absolutely no viable purpose towards the development of the mod. If other players wish to say they support the changes that is their prerogative. Perhaps you should stop and think for a moment and you will realise that the reason people post that they like the changes is because, shock horror, they like the changes. This mod is version 0.3.2 and the dev team are releasing patches at a furious rate. The majority of players are surprised at just how often huge updates are released. We appreciate that players will not all be happy with changes, but realistically, it is impossible to please absolutely every player. This mod strives for balance between the classes which is not easy to achieve. I think some players forget that this mod is not meant to be easy to get to the final waves.

In regards to Swadian Town, the map was being abused and the bot AI was being exploited. The current changes are by no means permanent but simply to find out how this change will affect game play. In case you had not noticed, the dev team are constantly responding to and adapting to problems as they arise. If we see that the map is impossible, it will no doubt be changed further.

In response to Ster, yes we have further ideas in the pipeline. Stay tuned for further changes! Wink

Please feel free to respond to this post in a mature and constructive manner. Please remember to post suggestions in the relevant sections of the forum.
Give a man a fish, and you have fed him for a day. Teach him how to fish, and he will continue fishing even if you give him a fish.
- Fingus
Limiting this poll to yes or no is too limited for me. I can't answer it as it is too black or white. It's a bit of both.
I am mostly worried about the separation, leaving my house divided and virtually stopped playing together. On the other hand, there are a lot of great new features.
It is going to be more like MMORPG, goood! Big Grin i like it! +1
My only main gripe lately is that I've come to the realization that I'll never be able to get a obsidian axe for my commando to use on hard core.  I'm literally still using a morning star for this mode.  I'll be a bit truthful now, on my normal alt I'll join a sever to wait on bosses that drop these items while other players kill because I simply need to be able to deal more damage in hard core mode.  If i use my commando in normal I have nooooo option to gain this item so its pointless.
Only as good as the man to your left and right.  See your enemies driven before you!
Quote:My only main gripe lately is that I've come to the realization that I'll never be able to get a obsidian axe for my commando to use on hard core.  I'm literally still using a morning star for this mode.  I'll be a bit truthful now, on my normal alt I'll join a sever to wait on bosses that drop these items while other players kill because I simply need to be able to deal more damage in hard core mode.  If i use my commando in normal I have nooooo option to gain this item so its pointless.
How about buying a legendary? I bought 2 legendary and only found my Katana by myself. I know its harder to earn money now but its still possible. And second you can support my idea that "high drops" should be rolled between living teamplayer. Iam not sure if its possible to code, but it would solve your problem. http://forum.nordinvasion.com/index.php?...059.0.html
Once more into the fray
Into the last good fight I'll ever know
Live and die on this day
Live and die on this day