Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

Valuing Legendaries
(14-04-2013, 01:00 PM)Hypernoma link Wrote: Also, we will never tell you how many legendaries there are Tongue
Thought of that Wink
(14-04-2013, 11:37 AM)Benschie link Wrote: But like i said it was the throwing speed (throwing speed increases the multiplier the same as if you were charging a nord with a melee weapon thus the twigs have a bit more damage than 60p and can travel alot more longer distances.....)

Dragons Breath
throwing speed 28

Twiggs
throwing speed 35
I'm going to have to correct a few things here Tongue
The throwing speed you're refering to is the projectile's speed, which does not influence the damage outcome, only the distance and arc of the projectile. So the Breath has a higher 'rate of fire', so to speak, while the Twigs can fly further.
And although logically you are correct to say that higher projectile speed = higher damage output, this is not the case in Warband. I've noticed this through some singleplayer experiments I've done, in which I increased a crossbow's projectile speed to that of a gun, and it did not deal more damage.
I was never here, you saw nothing...

Motivational tip: When you wake up in the morning, look in the mirror and say confidently, "That's a nice head you have on your shoulders."
Actually, it's more like:

Damage before armor = (Damage x P. Throw bonus x WPF bonus + Strength bonus) x Speed Bonus
Speed bonus for projectiles = Final relative speed of projectile/Initial speed of projectile
Final relative speed of projectile = Initial speed - air_friction_arrow * distance + (speed of enemy, if moving towards you, if running away, subtract instead)
So, that means my wormbane is actually worth 20 millions. Thanks for  making things clear.

As interesting at this is , it is completely useless due to players differnet opinions and about their own legendaries. Better spend the time trying to give undefinable legendaries a certain worth, play some more rounds to find some moar legendaries ^^.
Wusel @ Omnia
(14-04-2013, 06:26 PM)Legend link Wrote: So, that means my wormbane is actually worth 20 millions. Thanks for  making things clear.

As interesting at this is , it is completely useless due to players differnet opinions and about their own legendaries. Better spend the time trying to give undefinable legendaries a certain worth, play some more rounds to find some moar legendaries ^^.
Hehehe good idea ^^
I have to agree with some previous speakers: this is just not working. One part of it is that the human mind is really strange and illogical. I don't think any equation this simple could ever calculate how a person thinks. Anyways, I'll assume a simple equation will do, and suggest some changes.
  • Craftables need to be in the equation, or atleast at some stage in gathering info about the legendary. As they are a bit easier putting a price on, I believe that they are highly relevant to the price of legendaries. A legendary that's better than a craftable will of course never go below it's price.
  • Instead of having a value of estimated weapons in game directly in the equation, I suggest a "pointsystem" similar to the one you have already. A weapon gets a point 1-5 (very rare: Fang of Fenrir, Rare: Pike of Kings, Medium: Fearsome?, Common: Fiendish, Very common: Wormbane. I think this would give a fairer valuation over all.

I think that a better system over all would be if you ask people: "how do you value this legendary?", add upp all the answers and take the mean (?) as the value of the item. This would take players' opinions into equation (which really is the most important, right?). This does have some flaws of course, which is why I think the very best system would be just to scrap all value-help and fixed values on the what-so-ever and just let people pay for how good they think the item is, or at least find the information themselves by searching through older trades.
CC_Sir_Yabu - lvl 52 Wielder of the Rectal Glory
CC_Dr_Yabu - lvl 52 Pokémon
CC_Yabu_the_Hutt - lvl 52 Space Mob Member
CC_Yabudabadoo - lvl 39 Pacifist
CC_Dyabu_Unchained - lvl 10 No Comment
Visit my shop IKEY!
I expected an answer to my post guys, are you just ending the discussion because I joined in?  Don't you like me? Sad
CC_Sir_Yabu - lvl 52 Wielder of the Rectal Glory
CC_Dr_Yabu - lvl 52 Pokémon
CC_Yabu_the_Hutt - lvl 52 Space Mob Member
CC_Yabudabadoo - lvl 39 Pacifist
CC_Dyabu_Unchained - lvl 10 No Comment
Visit my shop IKEY!
The rarity of an item should not be a way to gauge its price. It all comes down to the player. If the player WANTS to pay more for an item that is the only one in game, then they will. Us players will never know how many of one item is in the game, sure there has been one confirmed Mjolnir drop, doesn't mean there isn't more in an inactive players inventory. It is complete guess work trying to label a certain item as rare or not so a price tag should not be smacked on something because one person says 'there is only two of these in game' Make the decision to pay what you think it is worth yourself then if the seller disagrees, either compromise or move on. This is trading.

EDIT: To address your comment Yabu.
(15-04-2013, 07:10 AM)Yabu link Wrote: which is why I think the very best system would be just to scrap all value-help and fixed values on the what-so-ever and just let people pay for how good they think the item is, or at least find the information themselves by searching through older trades.
This is said over and over in various ways in various threads, but yet people still don't do it.
Why do you need a rating when they're all good  :-X
[Image: gQUGcYN.gif?1]
Actually everything has been stated...but well, good try. But I do not see... the point of it. You can only compare legendary items with each other using this formula, and still it isn't concise. It would be really awesome and helpful, if this "effectiveness" thingy would be recalculated(much more detailed, and like agreed up on by the whole community). So that the whole thing can be more...precise. And still a problem is that the amount of certain legendary's in the game is unknown/only can be roughly estimated.
And @Ragnash, ofcourse the rarity is a factor. People don't know how many diamonds we got on earth, but they like them and know they are "rare", which leads to a very high price. I believe same goes for NI Items you see often, not so often etc. (I would even say that people think like "I took me twice the amount of time to farm these crafting goodies, so I want double amount of gold fot them").