Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

Remove horse's "not being able to move after taking 2 damage" feature
Please remove this feature. I've been playing cavalry for a few weeks, and while this feature makes some sense, it's EXTREMELY annoying when my horse has 75% HP and and cannot move.

My reasons for wanting this removed:

- It takes much more experience and time to be cavalry, so why crutch us (especially after the recent speed nerf) with forcing us to not go into combat?
- Against any form of archer, cavalry already takes a fair amount of damage. Getting shot for 1 damage should not reduce our speed 25%-75%.
- Spears, stupid registering hits, etc, all get cavalrymen killed.
- Expenses for cavalrymen are also much higher than for infantrymen.
- Infantrymen can not always outrun the horde, but they can at least backpedal. When cavalrymen get hit ONCE (most of the time. Sometimes 2-3 hits.), they move slower than a snail.

Please consider this request, as I believe cavalry has already been nerfed quite a bit after the speed and maneuver nerf. This feature is both unnecessary and off-putting.

Thanks.

EDIT: Very sorry for putting this in the wrong place. :X Didn't see the "What do you want to see?" Section.
Hi reinhardt!! (I hope you remember me... if not... well... i'll be sad!)

and this is true... very but very annoying : exemple when I steal that pony my teammate hurt... I'm so slow a grandma could catch me up...
give horsy some love!
hum.. any chess player?
hook me up on chess.com : my nickname is LeIsatis!
i agree but at the same time i dont. IMO keep the nerf but make it so horses get slower after more damage is taken. or if its code possible, make it depend on how far the horse has gone.
Anyone else wish that they could play from the nords perspective?
I'm not saying buff horses. I'm simply requesting that they remove this horrid feature. They nerfed speed and maneuver for horses. Not to mention the class itself is so difficult to level up in (5 assist for one exp? srsly?), it's not exactly the most valued class.

I'm tired of being stopped after one hit. What's the point in giving the horses ANY health or ANY armor if after one shot they move slower than all enemies? It's a serious question? I don't understand.

To make horsemen more aware you say?
1 - This is a PvE game not PvP.
2 - ^
3 - Horsemen already have to be aware because they have no charge damage, they can't run through anyone, and there are many many obstacles in most maps.

Honestly, it's really not a good feature. Never was. But now with the nerf to horse speed and maneuver, they should either

A) Remove it entirely (I'm for this one)
or (for balance, if need be)
B) Lower the speed damage drastically

Disclaimer: This is all from my personal opinion and experience as cavalry in mods all across warband as well as in NI (Mounted Solder). I'm sure it will get better, as it has, but the fact that I can't kill an enemy who is looking at me due to the fact that I may get hit and be screwed because of that, turns me off.
(04-02-2012, 01:49 AM)Reinhardt link Wrote: Disclaimer: This is all from my personal opinion and experience as cavalry in mods all across warband as well as in NI (Mounted Solder). I'm sure it will get better, as it has, but the fact that I can't kill an enemy who is looking at me due to the fact that I may get hit and be screwed because of that, turns me off.

That's the problem, you can't have a global view of a class is you are not from the higher tier, as you are only mounted soldier you can't figure out how powerful could be a big armored horse, couching is powerful also.
I believe that cav in NI can't be seen as any other cav in other mods, NI is a PvE game, cav can be very powerful in such mod, there is a reason why you can't have a horse on Full invasion mod and in DTV in cRPG.
I was surprised when i saw cav in NI first time i played, even more surprised once i ride my pony and destroy waves of nords without much risk.
Now i found this more balanced, even if it's a big nerf to cav, i guess it's better to have this than nothing.
[URL=http://"http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P2W4FsDVKMY"]"Tu vois, le monde se divise en deux catégories, ceux qui ont un pistolet chargé et ceux qui creusent. Toi tu creuse. "[/URL]