Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

Jarold's Armory
(09-05-2013, 03:47 AM)Hablam link Wrote: isn't the axe a bit to big to be thrown?
but i really, really, really like the texture, there is a lot i could learn from you ^^
Ooooh i agree! That is one of the sexiest texturee, i have ever seen!
Great work.
'Who needs social life if you have double experience?' -yuri
(08-05-2013, 11:26 PM)Jarold link Wrote: Thank you for the feedback everyone!

Does anyone know how to reduce faces in wings3d to get LOD's?

Also put some more screenshots up of the throwing axe.

I think you'll just need to make new models from scratch for LOD's, but I'm not sure.
I was never here, you saw nothing...

Motivational tip: When you wake up in the morning, look in the mirror and say confidently, "That's a nice head you have on your shoulders."
i may sound stupid now but what is/are LODs?
LOD's are levels of detail. This means that the further away you are from the model, the less detailed it gets, to spare the older pc's.
A good example of this is the Huscarl's Round Shield. Take a look at bots with these shields far away; the shields look like a hexagon.
I was never here, you saw nothing...

Motivational tip: When you wake up in the morning, look in the mirror and say confidently, "That's a nice head you have on your shoulders."
In OpenBRF: right click on your model -> compute Lods
(09-05-2013, 02:15 PM)Harith link Wrote: In OpenBRF: right click on your model -> compute Lods
(09-05-2013, 11:30 AM)Maroon link Wrote: LOD's are levels of detail. This means that the further away you are from the model, the less detailed it gets, to spare the older pc's.
A good example of this is the Huscarl's Round Shield. Take a look at bots with these shields far away; the shields look like a hexagon.

Worth a shot, can save a lot of effort!

Sucks on my laptop, but that's probably because it's a laptop Wink.

For LODs it's tricky, the UV map has to cover the same area as the main model. You can try and make it after the model, but that's tricky.

I believe it's possible to make it as you make the model, saving off the model as you improve the detail (again UV map is tricky).

There is Decimation (I think that is what it is called) in blender than might help.
Nothing is impossible, it's just a matter of determination and probability.

2nd Knight forever!

No longer active.
U can change % of comprtession by: Settings -> On building LOD pyramids
Added a second Morningstar that has a different texture.

Added a pair of greaves.

Finally figured out how to create a normal map for my textures!
[Image: gQUGcYN.gif?1]
Added new helmets, download link, and new pictures for the morningstars, the flamberge, and the greaves.
[Image: gQUGcYN.gif?1]
Fantastic, expect senni to contact you soon!
Give a man a fish, and you have fed him for a day. Teach him how to fish, and he will continue fishing even if you give him a fish.
- Fingus