NordInvasion Forum
Repeater Crossbow - Printable Version

+- NordInvasion Forum (https://forum.nordinvasion.com)
+-- Forum: Discussions (https://forum.nordinvasion.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Strategies and Guides (https://forum.nordinvasion.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+---- Forum: Crossbowman (https://forum.nordinvasion.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=36)
+---- Thread: Repeater Crossbow (/showthread.php?tid=4140)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

Re: Repeater Crossbow - Mr.Peso - 11-02-2013

(11-02-2013, 01:39 PM)Chromek link Wrote: So I guess I should focus on obtaining some other weapons at this stage. I heard that Arbalest is good, thats what I should aim for after getting to tier 4?

Yep, Arba is between 650-900k and is far better than Repeater IMO, Repeater is for close combat near a shieldwall or so, nothing a Crossbower schould focus on IMO.

Re: Repeater Crossbow - Swadius - 11-02-2013

My mistake before, accuracy is actually 39.

Re: Repeater Crossbow - k4mi - 12-02-2013

(11-02-2013, 01:43 PM)Mr.Peso link Wrote: Yep, Arba is between 650-900k and is far better than Repeater IMO, Repeater is for close combat near a shieldwall or so, nothing a Crossbower schould focus on IMO.

You are comparing apples with bananas. The Repeater is really a machine behind a shieldwall if you get used to it. But it is really for close combat only.
But as you said Arbalest is brilliant compared to price/dmg. So you should really aim for Arbalest before you thinking about a repeater.

Re: Repeater Crossbow - Kami - 12-02-2013

I personally like the Repeater really much I do more kills with the Repeater then with the Penetrator.
And big k4mi is right Arba and Repeater are not comparable...

Re: Repeater Crossbow - ~CM~Dragz - 12-02-2013

Repeater at close distances/against crowds of nords and Arbalest (or Penetrator) to take down single enemies.
(Of course the most dangerous nords, thats the job of sharpshooters)
Bolt Tosser works pretty well in both situations because of its reloading speed combined with high damage.

Re: Repeater Crossbow - Simpleton - 12-02-2013

I bring both a arbalest and a repeater xbow. On most maps i ditch the arbalest and only use the repeater but on some maps i use the arbalest for sniping at longer ranges. Works awesome. They arenĀ“t comparable, it would be like comparing 1h and 2h swords. They both has the place to fill.

Re: Repeater Crossbow - Swadius - 13-02-2013

I think the arbelest is the optimal weapon when you're playing the role of assassinating selective nords behind a shield wall. Targets usually being archers, and certain type of nords. A repeater is basically meant to spray at the crowd of nords in front of the cades and shield wall. On the wall, it can complement, or dare I say replace slashers if you bring enough repeaters and you teach people what lines of fire is and not being greedy and block 4 other ranged.

A shield wall with no slashers and 4 to 6 people with repeaters spraying into the gaps might be worth testing out. A spray of several shield penetrating bolts per second is something that beggars testing.

The closest thing there is to a SS with a repeater is a sniper. The rate of fire from them is almost as good, though the damage is lacking, but head shots tend to conpensate for this. The advantageĀ  that the repeater has over a sniper with a good bow is the shield penetration of the repeater. On waves where the majority of nords are carrying shields, the repeater holds a significant advantage barring people like sepsis and eldras behind the bow.

Edit: special mention goes to pikemen and their shield penetrating throwables. Despite having one myself, I've never noticed how fast they throw. All I know is that I keep running out of ammo >:U.

Re: Repeater Crossbow - The Great Gangster - 13-02-2013

Hope they make it where no one can pick it up but can use it.

Re: Repeater Crossbow - Swadius - 19-02-2013

Here's the tightness of the reticule on sharpshooter. Standing on the raised platform in the back touching the front guard rail.

Re: Repeater Crossbow - King Hot Dog - 24-02-2013

it's best crossbow