Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

Separate NO LOOT pony server
Request:
Starting separate no loot pony server just for fun, like NI duel server
Features:
  • ponies, cavalry
  • open maps
  • no loot, no exp, no gold
What could it give to players:
  • rest from regular NI routine through completely different gameplay provided by cavalry and open maps
  • pony riding
  • ability to feel yourself swadia warrior again, since nords casted some magic spell which turned horses into old boots
  • ability to see some old and/or not used maps. There are lots of very nice maps, which unfortunately dont fit into  current ni gameplay, like swadia village, beach, first version of outskirts, swadia town
  • will be possible to run some events on server
  • pony riding
to devs:
  • ability to utilize tons of already created maps, items, assets in proper way
What does required from devs:
  • starting separate server with separate map rotation
  • allowing to buy and equip ponies, horses and lances OR randomly spawn horses and ponies on map as suggested ughgh
  • giving all characters 6 points in riding
  • somehow remove exp and loot progress on server
No need of any new assets, models or maps, old one could be utilized.
It seems it does require however a little bit of coding.
Since there are no loot, there are no need to rebalance game, no need for separate nord troops, no need to worry about kiters, horse archers.
It is all about fun.
Come on swadians, it's a good time to dust off your saddles
I like this idea, but I don't know if it would be possible to prohibit the ponies/horses in the regular gamemode, as the snowball server had to be policed to make sure people only used snowballs
Yeah nice question. In native cavalry could be prohibited on certain maps, maybe this is a solution.
Wheres the like button
life is short...
Just randomly spawn saddle horses and sumpter horses, since those can be ridden with 1 riding skill. Also need to put feeding troughs back on some maps.
(11-01-2013, 01:54 AM)ughgh link Wrote: Just randomly spawn saddle horses and sumpter horses, since those can be ridden with 1 riding skill.
Randomly spawning horses - excelent idea. I will update post. I think updating riding skill is not something technically hard, since players stats were shifting all the time for balance issues. But randomly spawning horses and ponies eliminates problem with prohibiting cavalry.
i like this idea
No.

Horses are not coming back to this mod. You guys can stop dreaming about them.
BAM!
[Image: gQUGcYN.gif?1]