Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

Pilum VS Cts
(13-07-2015, 09:19 PM)Winter link Wrote: Pilum were added with Legionnaires in mind, which is why they are available to that class but the other throwing released at the same time, the Skullpierce, are not.  The Pilum gained one damage over CTS to show that they are meant to be better and were left available to all of the Pikeman hero classes to sate the need for a House Crafted throwing spear.  They are not meant to be a direct upgrade to CTS (although they still sort of are, with every stat being better, they just aren't a large improvement in damage and focus on other stats), just a far superior throwing weapon for the Legionnaire class, which seems to be something they have succeeded in doing.
Well i like the idea of Leg having there throwing (half of the reason i made my 1st set ) but for the most case there not much better at that job then Cts.
Yes the Spd rtng is up to Cts and some other stuff but i don't feel it on Leg. (maybe it ping thing will test later....)

All im trying to saying is a small buff would be nice even if it was in the Spd rtng or Max ammo.

(13-07-2015, 09:19 PM)Winter link Wrote: In the future a proper House Crafted upgrade to CTS will hopefully be available.

Like i have said before at this point in time Winter Pilum is the upgrade to Cts and the upgrade is almost zero. (Remember that Cts are usable by all tr4 and leg and that are 1m cheaper!!!)

Btw if this was a Leg weapon then make it 1h mode not polearm ? <-- P.S. i see this as the leg weapon not Pilum + there are VTHA for Leg ?
eg
Swing damage 39b
Spd rtng102
Weapon length 80
+ Chance to knockdown

Head Crusher                     
Speed: 99
Length: 59
Swing damage: 38 b
+ Chance to knockdown

|Steam| |Some Shop| |VLKA Recruitment| |Legendary Stats|Legendary Item Thread|                                                                                            
(14-07-2015, 05:51 AM)Woody link Wrote: Like i have said before at this point in time Winter Pilum is the upgrade to Cts and the upgrade is almost zero. (Remember that Cts are usable by all tr4 and leg and that are 1m cheaper!!!)

At the time they were released, the Pilum cost around 300k more to craft than CTS.  Prices go up and down, often in very unpredictable ways (random impatient guy decided to make Imperial Armor so all of the lead has quadrupled in price, oh no DSmile, so basing stats on pricing is not a good idea.  They were not meant to be the direct upgrade, but rather a side item that is a little bit better that one may or may not go for that is really meant for another Hero class.  It also just so happens that the two most important stats on the Pilum that really cements its place as the Legionnaire throwing weapon are not shown on the in-game item stats: shoot speed and accuracy.  The Pilum have 2 extra accuracy (118 to 120) and 4 shoot speed (21 to 25), two stats that make hitting your target much easier, especially for classes like Legionnaire with low throwing skill.  The fact that there is not currently a direct upgrade to CTS does not mean this item should have temporarily increased stats so they can fill a certain niche until there is a proper replacement.

PS - It isn't like the Pilum is limited to Legionnaire and Master Peltast, all of the other hero Pikemen can still use them.  Ebony/Elmwood Bows over King's Will is a good example of this - very small increases for an item that is usable by all three of the heroes that class can upgrade into.  Granted in that case they have the same exact recipe, but the idea is still there.

Edit: I'll also mention that to begin with the Pilum had more damage than CTS, but the CTS have been buffed since then and Pilum were overlooked.  A full diagnostic of T4+ item stats will be done at some point with regard to costs/rarity, niche, and class requirements.  That doesn't necessarily mean an overhaul, but stats will be double checked to make sure things are where they belong.  I do like the idea of the Pilum gaining more ammo as you have suggested.  I haven't been trying to say you are flat out wrong, I've been giving reasons for why things are how they are and trying to give an idea of where I want things to be in the future.