Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

Poll: Does it sound like a good idea ?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yeah
88.46%
23 88.46%
Nah
3.85%
1 3.85%
Yes, but ... (leave comment)
7.69%
2 7.69%
Total 26 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Storyline (Full castle defense !)
It's a nice idea and it certainly has a lot of potential to be expanded upon. I agree with Sphinx that the game gets quite repetitive when one gets the into mindset that one must grind out hard mode in order to craft the next great item. But that's besides the point.

A nice addition is what scott_slod is referring to -- a progression that goes both ways: if we defeat the prince, we go closer to Nord territory and if we fail, we fall back toward Swadian territory. A suggestion would be to have the maps become progressively easier to defend as we are defeated, which would make sense because for the maps to progress, we would be getting pushed back. Eventually we are pushed back to the throne room, or wherever the final Swadian stand is. I am not familiar with the limitations of the Warband engine so I do not know whether this is possible or not, but it would be a nice addition.
ba da bing ba da BAN! -Hypernoma
My goal though is to add something in the game to kill the constant repitition, lack of background stories and add some continuity. The way I planned it, it doesnt require any coding from the devs. The last thing I want is to impose them more work... So maybe in a far future we can work on that idea, but i suggest we keep it very simple for now and see if people like it first.
(30-03-2012, 06:09 PM)clickeverywhere link Wrote:It's a nice idea and it certainly has a lot of potential to be expanded upon. I agree with Sphinx that the game gets quite repetitive when one gets the into mindset that one must grind out hard mode in order to craft the next great item. But that's besides the point.

A nice addition is what scott_slod is referring to -- a progression that goes both ways: if we defeat the prince, we go closer to Nord territory and if we fail, we fall back toward Swadian territory. A suggestion would be to have the maps become progressively easier to defend as we are defeated, which would make sense because for the maps to progress, we would be getting pushed back. Eventually we are pushed back to the throne room, or wherever the final Swadian stand is. I am not familiar with the limitations of the Warband engine so I do not know whether this is possible or not, but it would be a nice addition.

Actually, I was going to post something similar. But then I had the thought that unless there are a lot of really good people playing, it will always end up on the defense maps. I was thinking of some sort of threshold marker -- like kill enough waves (not necessarily to prince), then you can advance up. If you lose too quickly, then it goes backwards.

The other idea I had was more along of lines of certain waves are on certain maps. If you beat the map, you go forward to next one. So, prince (on normal) would be on the last map in the series. The waves could even be a little more customized to the map then as well (archers in a throne room don't make a lot of sense).
House Thalheimer: Galen (Legionnaire), Wilhelm (Warden), Johann (Chosen Marksmen), Friedrich (Master Peltast) [Engineers]
Crafting: Blacksmith Max, Armorsmith Max, Alchemy Max, Support 22, Defender 14
NI House: The Order of Scarlet Blade Scarlet Knights
NI Banners - NI Banner Prototypes

Custom waves were planned aswell but require a lot of coding from Worm, which is what we try to avoid as much as possible. Maybe in a later date, but just having some background stories and maps that are related could be a great addition made by the community that would require minimum work (except maybe for Hande) to add.
I like it  ;D

this idea would mean we could have a proper city siege/battle as well, such as:

Map 1: Outer Wall, hard to defend.
Map 2: Street fighting, maybe a enterable houses and roof top locations
Map 3: Inner Wall, surrounding the keep
Map 4: Castle Courtyard, right before the keep.
Map 5: Inside the Keep

so not even a storyline but what feels like a more continuous battle