Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

I need help in becoming an RG.
(28-01-2015, 12:25 PM)Maroon link Wrote: Pretty much. Keep in mind, though, that bastard swords use 2 handed wpf, even when used with a shield, and a commando/RG has lower 2 handed wpf than 1 handed wpf. I'd only really recommend using the AB as a one hander as a Zweihander, but it'll do as RG.

??? :Smile You do realise that there is 35% penalty to speed and dmg when using bastard swords one handed?
BoS_Niezdara - LVL 52 Repeaterman - Blacksmith LVL 22 | BoS_Niezdara_Guard - LVL 52 Royal Guard - Armorsmith LVL 25 | BoS_Niezdara_Peltast - LVL 52 Master Peltast - Alchemist LVL 25 | BoS_Niezdara_Warden - LVL 52 Warden
A 20% reduction, yes. However, a 55c, 100 speed sword with 140 reach will still outclass a Steel Sword with the penalty, if that's the only competition.
Naturally, weapons like the Swadian Hope or better will be a lot better than an AB.
I was never here, you saw nothing...

Motivational tip: When you wake up in the morning, look in the mirror and say confidently, "That's a nice head you have on your shoulders."
(28-01-2015, 12:44 PM)Maroon link Wrote: A 20% reduction, yes.
source?
BoS_Niezdara - LVL 52 Repeaterman - Blacksmith LVL 22 | BoS_Niezdara_Guard - LVL 52 Royal Guard - Armorsmith LVL 25 | BoS_Niezdara_Peltast - LVL 52 Master Peltast - Alchemist LVL 25 | BoS_Niezdara_Warden - LVL 52 Warden
(28-01-2015, 12:44 PM)Maroon link Wrote: A 20% reduction, yes. However, a 55c, 100 speed sword with 140 reach will still outclass a Steel Sword with the penalty, if that's the only competition.
Naturally, weapons like the Swadian Hope or better will be a lot better than an AB.

That explains the thing on bastard swords, thanks. I apologize on stating 30%, saw it somewhere...
So it is a better option to get a decent 1H, still much cheaper than AB... Surely, Steel Sword just an example in comparison. Vengeance and Steel Cutter should not be forgoten I believe, being available under 300k sometimes (or even if we consider 400k as average price) they provide really good value for money.
I enjoy the length of the Aurora Blade in one handed mode.  The reach makes it pretty easy to deal with a typical Nord without him ever getting in range of you with his tiny (or not so tiny) axe.  Against more heavily armored Nords or multiple at once, speed and damage are a bit more important.

The damage and speed reduction on bastard weapons being used in one hand is ~35% based on several sources.

I used an Aurora Blade, Stone Maul, and Royal Shield loadout on my Zweihander for a long time.  The Stone Maul was my primary slashing weapon, the Aurora Blade was for the squishy waves or those that like to stay just out of reach, and it was nice to be able to use it as a semi-decent one handed weapon to switch to when necessary.  The Aurora Blade is fine for Hard mode and adequate for one on one fights in Ragnarok against bots that don't have very high armor (Jotnes and various boss enemies).  PS - 173 kills using only an Aurora Blade on a Zweihander in a Ragnarok run for both slashing and charging bots... it definitely isn't a bad weapon, just more versatile and less beneficial for any single role.

That being said, pick whatever suits your style best.  If you want reach, get it.  If you want high damage and penetration against armor, there are options.  If you want a fast and short weapon, there are plenty of those.  Most Royal Guards I play with prefer high damage and penetration, so they go for weapons like the Head Crusher and Dreaded War Pick.
Thank you Winter.
I enjoy the Aurora too, and i also use it on my Sniper Smile

Yeah. I would love to have the DWP. But yeah, im going to just buy it, nevermind that i struggle to get 750k for the Hero class ^^
And i generally dont like short weapons. I would rather go for some sort of sword (Illustrious is my dream) than Dragon Axe (i really dont like the way it looks) or DWP.
And i like my character to look good. That's why i would never run around with the Dragon Axe or Fiendish Bow. I would rather use King's Will Smile
As for 2h sword... maybe someone has a spare Durendal? Big Grin
Characters:
BoS_Rumcajs_RG - lvl 52 Royal Guard
BoS_Rumcajs_Warden - lvl 52 Warden
And some other minor

Legendaries: Griffon Bascinet (nice joke btw)