Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

Buff for the house craftable shields? *topic changed*
hi all seen a lot of these Buff requests as of late so I thought why not make my own?

here is my case

the swadian resilience currently costs roughly 3.2 mill to make (those pesky phoenix feathers). the royal shield can be picked up for around 1.5 mill (Thats half the cost) yet the royal boasts far better stats. im not saying that the resilience is a terrible shield but some of those house craftable shields are terrible bang for your buck. would it be so bad if you the shield could be used by crossbowman or receive a slight buff in the department of resistance. (43-44 perhaps). its such a shame to see so many of these unique items in the game which have little to no use due to other items which are somewhat "OP" and block their limelight.

post your opinions here on why or why not this black beauty should receive a bump up in stats.

*update* i have been looking around at some of the other house craftable shields such as the studded steel shield, the dragon kite shield and i must say that all of these shields deserve a slight balance in stats. ( stats can be found in the house crafting thread here http://forum.nordinvasion.com/index.php?...511.0.html) not only are these shields hard to obtain due to high crafting costs but they are also rare due to far cheaper and more effective options not to mention the need for house crafting to create them in particular the swadian resilience and the dragon kite shield.
The royal shield has a crafting cost of 2.7mil. Just because it sells for 1.5mil doesn't mean it costs that much to craft. Resilience is as you say, roughly 3.2mil.

Now comparing the two.

Royal:
Resistance - 45
Hit points - 1250
Size - 60x80

Resilience:
Resistance - 41
Hit points - 1400
Size - 70x105

So in comparison, though the resilience is more expensive in a direct comparison, each has its strengths. Both shields were added at different times and with large changes to the mod. Perhaps there might be a change when and if the developers choose to overhaul and balance all new house craftables with items that have been in the game for longer taking crafting cost into account.

I currently do not see a glaringly problem with the balance of these two shields.
(26-08-2013, 10:41 AM)Ragnash link Wrote: The royal shield has a crafting cost of 2.7mil. Just because it sells for 1.5mil doesn't mean it costs that much to craft. Resilience is as you say, roughly 3.2mil.

Now comparing the two.

Royal:
Resistance - 45
Hit points - 1250
Size - 60x80

Resilience:
Resistance - 41
Hit points - 1400
Size - 70x105

So in comparison, though the resilience is more expensive in a direct comparison, each has its strengths. Both shields were added at different times and with large changes to the mod. Perhaps there might be a change when and if the developers choose to overhaul and balance all new house craftables with items that have been in the game for longer taking crafting cost into account.

I currently do not see a glaringly problem with the balance of these two shields.

i only give the buying cost of the royal and the crafting cost of the resilience as the later is almost impossible to buy whereas the royal isn't as rare on the market. albeit both shields have their strengths and weaknesses but i feel like this pretty little shield is a wasted item with the stats it has know (not to mention the dragon shield)
I suppose you could look at it like this: Resilience doesn't currently provide much value for crafting cost when compared to other house craftables in its price range such as eastern repeater crossbow & ebony bow. Therefore a buff to its stats may be a wise move to provide proper incentive for players to craft it. As it is you're better off making something else, making the existence of Resilience semi-redundant.

that said though you have to remember that Resilience is not limited by hero class while the other house craftabkes I mentioned are. So a being able to use a shield stronger than a royal on a zweihander/commando is a boon in itself (i do think Resilience needs an armour value of around 43 to truly be considered superior to royal though).
VLKA_Tee - Sharpshooter
VLKA_Tea - Royal Guard
VLKA_TeeHee - Master Peltast
VLKA_Killboy - Warden
bump, updated some things